logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
admin  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2023 1:48:11 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4166 time(s) in 1497 post(s)
vMix 27 Preview (27.0.0.38 Beta) is here!

Disclaimer: This is a preview release for those who like to live on the edge! There will still be some bugs, so it should not be used in productions.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, please report any bugs or issues in this thread.

Updates: If you purchased vMix prior to 1 January 2022, an additional purchase is required to use this beta or a new Trial may be possible if you have only used the Trial once in the past. Finally, an edition upgrade (say from HD to 4K) will also include 12 months of free updates.
https://account.vmix.com/order/?Upgrade=1

Note: New features should not be submitted here, please use the Feature Requests forum instead.

Download Links

vMix
https://cdn.vmix.com/download/vmix27preview.exe

Zoom Plugin for vMix
https://www.vmix.com/zoomplugindownload

New Features and Changes

* NEW Layer Designer
Input Setting - Layers tab now allows sizing, positioning and alignment of layers with an interface similar to GT Designer.
Includes three modes: Move, Crop and Border allowing fine tuned adjustments of each layer in pixels.
Layers can be easily aligned to other layers and also to grid lines in the currently selected Safe Area.
Undo/redo adjustments as well.

* NEW Zoom integration
vMix can become a participant in a Zoom meeting and access the raw video and audio feeds of all participants in up to 1080p HD.
Show up to one participant a time in vMix HD, or as many participants as your Zoom plan and internet allow in 4K, Pro and Max editions.
Each Zoom input can be assigned a participant and dynamically switch between camera and sharing as needed, or multiple Zoom inputs to show both at the same time!
Free Zoom accounts allow up to 360p per participant while paid Zoom plans can support up to 1080p. Refer to the Zoom web site for more information.

Zoom support requires installing a separate plugin (download link above).

* NEW AV1 and HEVC support for RTMP Streaming.
Currently only YouTube Live support these formats, with vMix ready out of the box when other streaming providers begin to add support.
AV1 requires NVIDIA GeForce 4050 or higher, or Intel ARC. HEVC requires NVIDIA GeForce 2050 series or higher.

* Use Hardware Encoder in Streaming now turned on by default for most modern GPUs
GeForce 1000 series, RTX series and Intel Arc / Iris

* Added support for Stream Deck+ Dials and Touchscreen
Many shortcuts have been updated to automatically work with dials, such as Colour Correction.
This requires the latest vMix for Stream Deck plugin to be installed (v1.4) via the Stream Deck store.

* External Outputs expanded to 4
NOTE: We believe performance of most systems is not yet up to handling 4 hardware outputs on anything other than very basic productions.
This feature is provided as-is in the hope that customer's can provide feedback on what works for them and what doesn't on systems we have been unable to test ourselves.

* Over 150 new shortcuts!
Layer and Crop adjustments
Loop toggle
Effect toggles and adjustments
Undo
And more!

* Web Browser and NDI version updates
Chromium V116 and NDI 5.6

* Other updates
Duration can now be configured for FTB
OBSBot support via MF (Media Foundation) driver
Castr added as Streaming Destination dropdown

Documentation

https://help.vmix.com/27/

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 21 users thanked admin for this useful post.
sinc747 on 10/11/2023(UTC), fgolman on 10/11/2023(UTC), avsoundguy on 10/11/2023(UTC), monamiga on 10/11/2023(UTC), furtive on 10/11/2023(UTC), doggy on 10/11/2023(UTC), MycroBeat99 on 10/11/2023(UTC), ryxyz on 10/11/2023(UTC), pierk on 10/12/2023(UTC), eduardocfs on 10/12/2023(UTC), kmedia on 10/12/2023(UTC), stigaard on 10/12/2023(UTC), ask on 10/12/2023(UTC), raugert on 10/13/2023(UTC), amospro on 10/16/2023(UTC), StepBackInTime_TV on 10/16/2023(UTC), papaswan on 10/18/2023(UTC), shaneiwarp on 10/19/2023(UTC), mairginter@hotmail.com on 10/24/2023(UTC), Zonito on 11/3/2023(UTC), mandurphy on 12/30/2023(UTC)
WaltG12  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2023 3:44:55 PM(UTC)
WaltG12

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I know this is still very early in the process, but I read through the 27 help guide/documentation and had a few questions about the Zoom integration.

Is there a performance/quality difference between "Streaming" and "Recording" capture modes, beyond the potential permissions issue mentioned? Is one recommended over the other?

If left unchosen, the Zoom inputs will default to the first connection first, second connection second, etc. If a person joins with the camera and mic turned off, will they still take up a slot if not manually removed?

Will the system recognize any Zoom global keyboard shortcuts? If not, are there any plans to introduce Zoom shortcuts?

Similarly, will the existing "VideoCallAudioSource" and "VideoCallVideoSource" work for Zoom inputs as well as vMix Call inputs?
admin  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2023 3:59:14 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Zoom functionality in vMix is intended to allow bringing in video and audio easily from an existing meeting, rather than implement the entirety of the Zoom interface.
Therefore, for questions like shortcuts etc, it is advised you run a separate laptop, PC or device running and hosting the Zoom meeting in their dedicated app so you have full control over the meeting
and use vMix just to bring in the feeds.

In regards to video/audio sources, Zoom works quite differently to vMix call, in that vMix shows up as a single "participant" in a meeting that all others can see.
This means you cannot customise audio/video sources for each caller like in vMix Call, and therefore similar shortcuts cannot be made available.

There is no difference between Streaming/Recording capture modes performance wise.
That said, the Streaming Mode is relatively new and we have seen it fail in some situations due to what appears to be some bugs in the Zoom app itself.
Recording is more thoroughly tested and why it is the default.
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
WaltG12 on 10/11/2023(UTC)
WaltG12  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2023 4:20:00 PM(UTC)
WaltG12

United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Thank you for the info!

Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
Therefore, for questions like shortcuts etc, it is advised you run a separate laptop, PC or device running and hosting the Zoom meeting in their dedicated app so you have full control over the meeting
and use vMix just to bring in the feeds.

This was honestly why I asked how it'd behave if a participant's camera and mic are turned off.

I don't want to mess with manually selecting guests when I'm "one man band"ing a production and I don't want to tie up my bandwidth or processing on bringing in my own account that's controlling the meeting.

So if it'd automatically skip "participants" with video and audio turned off, that'd be extremely helpful.

Another question I forgot to ask: if one joins a meeting then saves the preset, will it autojoin the meeting when the preset is loaded or does it need a manual connection every time one loads the preset?

In regards to video/audio sources, Zoom works quite differently to vMix call, in that vMix shows up as a single "participant" in a meeting that all others can see.
This means you cannot customise audio/video sources for each caller like in vMix Call, and therefore similar shortcuts cannot be made available.

The guide did say that neither could be changed during the meeting, even universally. I forgot--apologies.

admin  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2023 6:02:59 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

To clarify how the Zoom feeds work in vMix:

Behind the scenes vMix will only request the raw feeds of participants it is directly assigned to.
When you add multiple Zoom inputs, these will default to the first participant only and will connect retrieve the raw feed for that participant once regardless.
When you right click inputs and change the participant, only then will it request that feed, and disconnect from any it no longer needs.

This means if you have a large meeting with 32 participants, but only need a few, vMix not need as much bandwidth.
Quinton  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2023 8:24:17 PM(UTC)
Quinton

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Amazing update, Many thanks.
Just a little feedback which would help, when making changes inside layers, it would be great to simply click on the layer that you want to move/edit etc (same as in GT).
As at the moment if one of the layers is covering any of the others you have to move it out of the way to get focus on the layer you want to adjust.
Hope that makes sense?
selectlayer.png (226kb) downloaded 24 time(s).
admin  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2023 8:32:12 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

You can select the layer manually by clicking the text to the left of the padlock button.
The 1-10 button currently can't be clicked due to them being used for dragging and dropping to move the layers between levels.
MycroBeat99  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2023 8:52:26 PM(UTC)
MycroBeat99

Man
Romania

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

* NEW AV1 and HEVC support for RTMP Streaming.
Currently only YouTube Live support these formats, with vMix ready out of the box when other streaming providers begin to add support.
AV1 requires NVIDIA GeForce 4050 or higher, or Intel ARC. HEVC requires NVIDIA GeForce 1050 series or higher.

Nimble Streamer also supports AV1 and HEVC on RTMP starting with version 4. Hopefully nginx, wowza and other providers will start supporting this in a feature update.

Finally a version of vmix with necessary features. The 4 external outputs works very well in the last two hours on my systems (i7-3770 and GTX 1070). Thanks for adding this finally.
Quinton  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2023 9:38:15 PM(UTC)
Quinton

You can select the layer manually by clicking the text to the left of the padlock button.
The 1-10 button currently can't be clicked due to them being used for dragging and dropping to move the layers between levels.

Ah perfect, thank you!

lbgaus  
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2023 2:38:16 AM(UTC)
lbgaus

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
This is so exciting!! Much appreciation for working on these updates, I am very excited to test out the new features.
sinc747  
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2023 3:06:07 AM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 197 time(s) in 163 post(s)
ZOOM Participant Video Resolution Problem

Logged into my ZOOM Pro account in the vMix/ZOOM Input. Rt Click and selected Max Participant Resolution. Selected Resolution_720p. Rechecked anf found resolution did not change from 320p.

Then I Rt. Clicked on 720p again and it selected 720p.

I'll reboot and recheck to see if I can duplicate this.

- Tom

Screenshot 2023-10-11 120059.png (26kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
sinc747  
#12 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2023 3:13:12 AM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

ZOOM Participant Video Resolution Problem <UPDATE>

Rebooted and added a new ZOOM Input and the same error occurred. When I select 1080p, it will select 1080p. Then I can change to 720p. But I cannot change to 720p directly, only if I select a different resolution first.

- Tom
doggy  
#13 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2023 3:34:49 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
HEVC to Youtube live fails

Windows says "ffmpeg6.exe stopped working"
vMix says " bframes as reference are not supported" - "No capable devices found"

Error report send

Nvidia GTX 1060 latest driver, W10
Recording / playback HEVC just fine
sinc747  
#14 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2023 4:00:36 AM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

vMix Social & ZOOM chat

Get this message when I try to turn on ZOOM in vMix Social

Screenshot 2023-10-11 125840.png (41kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
thanks 1 user thanked sinc747 for this useful post.
gostlund on 10/12/2023(UTC)
gostlund  
#15 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2023 4:07:18 AM(UTC)
gostlund

Man

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
ooof. There was an issue with the database and the page updated and I lost my whole message... Lesson learned, type this up in a notepad first...

First off, I still want to say thanks for Zoom integration, it's a great start to something that I think will become a wonderful and well used feature.

Now onward to the questions/requests/feedback/issues... as I seem to have great success in breaking this plugin, even when I'm not trying to, or I've broken it in such a way that it doesn't want to do basic things even after a reboot or several.

Questions/Requests:
While I can appreciate not recreating all the parts of the Zoom interface in vMix, I want to hope that a number of the audio settings are already being set to what one would believe is the ideal for a streaming broadcast scenario...
Audio profile defaulted to use 'Original Sound for Musicians' (and toggled on) with 'High fidelity music mode' on, 'Echo cancellation' off, and 'Stereo audio' on, and of course the most insidious... Automatically adjust microphone volume disabled.
vMix Social / ZoomChat, while a solid method of implementing the messaging process, would it be possible to have a title input that could somehow display a long-form, scrolling chat window of the chat, or some way we could pop out the chat to a window that could be captured without having to join on another client?
Are there any plans in future to expand the plugin to support multiple Zoom calls? For example, when adding a Zoom input, it would be ideal if one were able to select 'Add new input on existing call' or 'Add a new call' and being able to select a separate Output for video and bus to use for audio.
In selecting the 'Participant Source' I'm hoping that 'Default' is as it appears to be, essentially an "Active Speaker" selection, one which is ignoring itself, but it would be good to have clarity or confirmation on that, perhaps it could be named such rather than 'Default' as it was never defined what 'Default' was...
In future, it might be ideal if we could have 'Gallery View' as a 'Participant Source' option, though I understand that may take some additional resources and coding, but I'm still going to hope that one day we might get that.

Feedback/Issues:
To reiterate something someone else has mentioned, the Participant Video Resolution picker seems inconsistent, sometimes it will get stuck at 360P, other times I'm able to switch between the resolutions just fine, 1080P looks lovely btw.

vMix Social, connects to the Zoom chat initially, but then once I start sending messages from another client, it's disconnected and when I try to connect again I get "The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. Source: ZoomChat.Connect"

Perhaps it's related to my broken plugin, but my vMix Zoom "participant" is sending the video Output just fine, but isn't sending audio... which was entertaining as a participant to hear the 'Recording in progress' at max volume as it joined back to the call after a restart and having no audio coming out, and still having no audio coming out following that... I can certainly see levels on my Master bus, which is what it was selected to use in the Zoom setup window.

Broken Zoom plugin:
So, I think I initially broke it when I tried to add an input as "Host a zoom call" when the call was in progress at the time with another host, and it just hung on 'Connecting...' forever, and I couldn't get it to do anything, or join anything at all after, even with closing and reopening vMix and reloading my preset...

<selfless helpful interlude>
WaltG12 asked earlier up in the thread:

Originally Posted by: WaltG12 Go to Quoted Post

Another question I forgot to ask: if one joins a meeting then saves the preset, will it autojoin the meeting when the preset is loaded or does it need a manual connection every time one loads the preset?

When you load a preset with a Zoom input configured to either Join or Host a meeting, it appears that it will attempt to reconnect automatically when the preset is loaded, this is either great, or not great depending on your use case or existing situation ;)

I will my experience with the plugin so far has indicated to me that it would be best if I configure any calls to Join a call rather than host, especially when finding that when Hosting the call, either closing the last Zoom input, or closing the preset with the Zoom inputs actively Hosting a call, it would end the call.
</selfless helpful interlude>

...and finally after a reboot of the system, things... mostly work... I can join calls again, I can host calls again, but sometimes it will join, or say it's joined, and I'll get no video output, ~~no audio output into Zoom~~ (this has been isolated to being caused by having a second Zoom input in the show file, as soon as you reduce back down to a single Zoom input audio is once again transmitted into the Zoom call), no input from the zoom call, but it'll show connected in the Zoom Manager, and it'll even show chat in that window (even though vMix social has yet to work for me with Zoom chat), but if it wasn't for it showing those chat messages in the Zoom Manager window, I wouldn't think it was actually connected to the Zoom call at all...
The problem now is that it works sometimes, maybe 80% of the time, and it's "mostly" functional aside from not sending audio, sometimes the participant resolution selection doesn't work, and vMix Social still won't bring in chat...

I know this is long, (I also know I have a love affair with ellipses, please forgive me...) it wasn't my intent to make my first post on these forums an epic tale of woe and some minor adventure, but having Zoom integration in vMix has such potential and is really critical to our workflow, I couldn't stand on the sidelines and just hope "we" can all get it working right the first time, I felt I needed to contribute and help shape this... I'll be watching closely for updates and hopefully I can contribute further.
thanks 2 users thanked gostlund for this useful post.
AngusFindlay on 10/12/2023(UTC), JerusalemMediaGroup on 10/19/2023(UTC)
Quinton  
#16 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2023 4:42:37 AM(UTC)
Quinton

I am getting the latest beta to crash and restart quite regularly, by trying out a MoveMultiviewOverlay and SetMultiViewOverlay shortcut.
Also it seems to be acting strangely if I press the shortcut key when the layers tab is open and I select the same shortcut, it will change the input starting at input 10 and go through the rest of the inputs one by one, always starting at input 10 again.
This is just simple inputs like numbers as inputs.

crash.png (83kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
AndreD  
#17 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2023 6:28:02 AM(UTC)
AndreD

Germany

Originally Posted by: WaltG12 Go to Quoted Post
I know this is still very early in the process, but I read through the 27 help guide/documentation and had a few questions about the Zoom integration.

Is there a performance/quality difference between "Streaming" and "Recording" capture modes, beyond the potential permissions issue mentioned? Is one recommended over the other?

As far as I know form ZoomISO, the capture mode is kind of only named differently. So customers can choose, if they want to have this or that prompt within their meeting shown. Some are picky about the recording prompt.
sinc747  
#18 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2023 6:51:15 AM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Lose Audio from vMix to ZOOM when 2nd Zoom Input is added.

Tried this from my normal show preset (90+ inputs) and from a blank preset. Return audio to ZOOM caller is present on the first ZOOM input. When a 2nd ZOOM input is added and a 2nd caller selected, the return audio to both ZOOM callers is disabled.

NFR license if that matters.

I have also Sent a Support Report and will follow up with an email with my registration key.

- Tom
David_in_Philly  
#19 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2023 8:10:47 AM(UTC)
David_in_Philly

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Great update, thanks. Is there a comprehensive list of (just) the 150 shortcuts added in V27?
Thank you!
doggy  
#20 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2023 8:31:51 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: David_in_Philly Go to Quoted Post
Great update, thanks. Is there a comprehensive list of (just) the 150 shortcuts added in V27?
Thank you!

Changes/updates/additions in the helpfiles highlighted would be nice ;-)