logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Axio  
#41 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2023 2:52:03 AM(UTC)
Axio

Groups: Registered
Canada

Hi,

Is it possible to enhance the chromakey feature in vMix or add parameters to achieve better results with chromakey?
The issue often lies in hair, and additional adjustments are needed to capture finer details.

Thank's
greggibson  
#42 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2023 6:22:14 AM(UTC)
greggibson

United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
Zoom allows only one meeting per computer. We have no control over this unfortunately.
You would need to use a second computer to login to the webinar in vMix and use vMix Social from there, perhaps sending the graphics over NDI to
the main vMix machine.

I know that is not ideal, but there isn't much we can do about it.

Thanks, I believe Zoom will address this. Andy is aware of it.

greg
thanks 1 user thanked greggibson for this useful post.
jf_blanco on 11/14/2023(UTC)
greggibson  
#43 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2023 6:30:14 AM(UTC)
greggibson

United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Is there a way with Zoom integration - or any plans to include - a way to bring in the muxed audio from the meeting in order to hear people in the meeting who are not pinned? You may not need to include that audio in the program, but you often need to hear non-participant staff during pre/post show. Or sometimes someone dials in with audio that is separate from their video so they are not sending an ISO audio feed, so utilizing the muxed audio is the only way to hear them.

Thanks,

Greg
admin  
#44 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2023 12:58:41 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4174 time(s) in 1498 post(s)
vMix 27.0.0.40 Beta Released!

https://cdn.vmix.com/download/vmix27preview.exe
https://www.vmix.com/zoomplugindownload

Changes

* Migrated vMix and related apps to .NET Framework 4.8!
This should result in performance improvements across the board and allow installing on Windows 10 and 11 without requiring the older .NET Framework to be installed.
Custom XAML may not work any longer, as it was officially deprecated in vMix 24

* Updated Zoom plugin to latest SDK version 5.16.2. This can be downloaded from the link in the first post.

* Fix for vMix Social error when connecting to Zoom

* vMix runs Zoom in a separate app behind the scenes. This app can sometimes get stuck preventing Zoom from connecting even when restarting vMix.
To resolve this, vMix will now close any old stuck instances when connecting to a new Zoom meeting.
thanks 4 users thanked admin for this useful post.
monamiga on 10/13/2023(UTC), jet on 10/13/2023(UTC), stigaard on 10/13/2023(UTC), gostlund on 10/14/2023(UTC)
kross  
#45 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2023 2:22:26 PM(UTC)
kross

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 28 post(s)
This last update completely whacked all my settings, including a long list of shortcuts and activators.

I'm hoping they are still intact somewhere on my computer, and perhaps if I revert to 27.0.0.38 they will come back.
kross  
#46 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2023 2:36:25 PM(UTC)
kross

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 28 post(s)
I was able to recover my settings by downgrading to the latest 26 version, exporting the settings to a file, then reinstalling the 27 beta, then importing the settings from that file.

But you gotta warn a guy! I had a mini heart attack, I thought I was going to have to spend 2 hours resetting up my shortcuts and activators! lol

-- Kevin
Cris_AV  
#47 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2023 2:44:57 PM(UTC)
Cris_AV

same thing here. My vMix went back to "brand new" install....
admin  
#48 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2023 4:54:01 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

vMix 27.0.0.41 Beta Released!

https://cdn.vmix.com/download/vmix27preview.exe
https://www.vmix.com/zoomplugindownload

Fixes

* Fixed settings not migrating from older releases
If you have already installed 27.0.0.40 then you will need to migrate the settings manually:

1. Open up Windows Explorer and type in the address bar the following and press enter:
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\StudioCoast_Pty_Ltd\vMix64.exe_Url_5l40qvre1y15spmggwt1gelpnmwemdfj

2. Find folder with the version matching the settings you wish to use (for example 27.0.0.38) and copy the user.config file inside it.

3. Go back up two folders and open the vMix64.exe_Url_rt2zvwv3y043fv2n3v04ap2a3rmjauhd folder

4. Paste the user.config into the 27.0.0.41 folder and overwrite when prompted. If the 27.0.0.41 folder does not exist, try running vMix first, close it and try again from step 1.

5. Settings should now be imported.
thanks 2 users thanked admin for this useful post.
stigaard on 10/13/2023(UTC), monamiga on 10/13/2023(UTC)
doggy  
#49 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2023 10:37:39 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 922 time(s) in 761 post(s)
Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
HEVC to Youtube live fails

Windows says "ffmpeg6.exe stopped working"
vMix says " bframes as reference are not supported" - "No capable devices found"

Error report send

Nvidia GTX 1060 latest driver (537.58), Windows 10
Recording / playback HEVC just fine

Has anyone been succesfull ?
Any Tips?

Also tried with StreamKey HLS,variable on YT live, no luck
pm  
#50 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2023 10:55:21 PM(UTC)
pm

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 27 post(s)
A short google search gives the following advice:

https://stackoverflow.co...-encoder-b-frame-problem
doggy  
#51 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2023 11:03:17 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 922 time(s) in 761 post(s)
Originally Posted by: pm Go to Quoted Post

Thanks, but this would be a vMix problem then as:

"* NEW AV1 and HEVC support for RTMP Streaming.
Currently only YouTube Live support these formats, with vMix ready out of the box when other streaming providers begin to add support.
AV1 requires NVIDIA GeForce 4050 or higher, or Intel ARC. HEVC requires NVIDIA GeForce 1050 series or higher."

Havent messed with changing vMix ffmpeg parameters (-b_ref_mode 0) yet ;-)
spinfold  
#52 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2023 12:25:16 AM(UTC)
spinfold

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Zoom inegration has a bug with audio. This is repeatable.

Steps to repeat:

1) Launch vMix with an empty preset
2) Add Input and add a video with sound. This appears as Input 1.
3) Cut the video to air to start playing the video with its audio.
4) On a separate device, start a new Zoom meeting. Make a note of the meeting ID and passcode.
5) Back in vMix, add a new Input and choose Zoom. This goes in as Input 2.
6) Click to connect the Zoom meeting. Choose to Join a Meeting and enter the meeting ID and passcode, along with your name (I use "Studio"). Capture Mode should be set to Recording, Max Participant Resolution to 1080, Video Source to Output 1 and Audio Source to Master.
7) Show audio (from the video in Input 1) now comes across the Zoom meeting.
8) Add another Zoom input (to Input 3)

Now you hit the problem: The audio from the show completely disappears from the Zoom meeting. There appears to be no way to recover this except to close Input 3 entirely. I've tried selecting a different participant, adding a third Zoom input, muting and un-muting everywhere, etc.

As soon as there is only one Zoom input in your show, the audio immediately returns.

The same problem occurs if using a Bus for Audio (rather than Master)

The guys here had the same problem (discussed and tried to solve for 90 minutes!)
Dist  
#53 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2023 12:36:17 AM(UTC)
Dist

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I've just done some initial testing and had a couple notes.

With the new functions "SetLayer1Crop" etc..., is there a reason we couldn't simply have have a "SetLayerXCrop", so rather than needing 130 functions (13 functions for each of the 10 layers), it'd just be 13 functions with an additional param to select the layer? Much in the same way we have a BusXAudio... functions rather than duplicating all 13 bus functions for busses C to G. This would also make future increases to the maximum number of layers easier.

The description on "SetEffect1Strength" "Set Input 1 Effect Strength", and the other effect strength functions, are worded in a way that it sounds like it changes Inputs 1 to 4, rather than Effects 1 to 4. Something like "Set Effect 1 Strength on Input" would be clearer.

The function "SetFrameDelay" I could not get to work, and would always return an invalid params error.

For a feature request, as this update has a lot of focus on Layers, it would be great if the API included the data/functions for rotation X/Y/Z, Border Colour/Thickness/Radius, and if a layer is enabled/disabled, as this would almost complete the API coverage for layers.

Originally Posted by: ask Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Simon Byrne Go to Quoted Post
Can Beta 27 be installed whilst maintaining 26 on a production machine?

Thankyou

27 will overwrite 26 if installed on the same machine. You can use 27 on a backup machine instead with either your current licence or a trial licence. Please note the licence conditions for this.

You can revert back to 26 at any time by re-installing over 27.

It'll only overwrite if you install it to the exact same location. If you install to a different directory you can have multiple versions installed at the same time. Then you simply run the exe for whichever version of vMix you wish to run. This is how many of us test new versions of vMix when they go in to beta, and as part of migration testing when moving from one version to the next in production.
admin  
#54 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2023 12:44:19 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: pm Go to Quoted Post

Thanks, but this would be a vMix problem then as:

"* NEW AV1 and HEVC support for RTMP Streaming.
Currently only YouTube Live support these formats, with vMix ready out of the box when other streaming providers begin to add support.
AV1 requires NVIDIA GeForce 4050 or higher, or Intel ARC. HEVC requires NVIDIA GeForce 1050 series or higher."

Havent messed with changing vMix ffmpeg parameters (-b_ref_mode 0) yet ;-)

Apologies, but unfortunately due to this limitation the 1000 series will not be able to be used with HEVC as we had hoped.
The minimum requirements will need to be changed to 2000 series or higher (specifically RTX cards)
admin  
#55 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2023 12:58:50 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Originally Posted by: spinfold Go to Quoted Post

Are you definitely using the latest vMix 26.41?
We have tried the exact steps you mentioned and are unable to replicate, so there must be some other setting somewhere triggering this unique to your two productions, or you are using an older version of the beta.

Just to be sure, I followed your exact steps again just now, and adding the second Zoom input did not impact the audio going to the other Zoom device at all.
I tried the steps twice, once to an Android zoom client, and once to a Windows zoom client. Then again with both connecting to both inputs.
At all times the audio from the video clip in vMix was audible to the Zoom callers.

I would suggest double checking you are using headphones just in case there are some weird echo cancellation issues going on in Zoom itself (especially if the other Zoom devices are near).

Regards,

Martin
spinfold  
#56 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2023 1:08:30 AM(UTC)
spinfold

United Kingdom

We have tried the exact steps you mentioned and are unable to replicate, so there must be some other setting somewhere triggering this unique to your two productions, or you are using an older version of the beta.

Just to be sure, I followed your exact steps again just now, and adding the second Zoom input did not impact the audio going to the other Zoom device at all.
I tried the steps twice, once to an Android zoom client, and once to a Windows zoom client. Then again with both connecting to both inputs.
At all times the audio from the video clip in vMix was audible to the Zoom callers.

I would suggest double checking you are using headphones just in case there are some weird echo cancellation issues going on in Zoom itself (especially if the other Zoom devices are near).

Regards,

Martin

Yes, v27.0.0.41.

Just tried again with a reboot and fresh install. Same problem.

What else could I check about my production (remember, this is a brand-new production with just 2 or 3 inputs!) to see what might be different to your setup?
admin  
#57 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2023 1:12:27 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Originally Posted by: Dist Go to Quoted Post

With the new functions "SetLayer1Crop" etc..., is there a reason we couldn't simply have have a "SetLayerXCrop".

The function "SetFrameDelay" I could not get to work, and would always return an invalid params error.

The functions were all added separately to be easily assigned to things like dials, as you can't add comma parameters for these as they are + or - changes.
(The SetBusX functions are for toggles only)

We thought about a new dropdown parameter for selecting the Layer for relevant functions, but this would have ended up breaking a lot of old shortcuts so it was decided against to keep things
consistent, if not efficient!

SetFrameDelay value is in frames and only applies to inputs that already support it, such as a Camera input.

admin  
#58 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2023 1:15:44 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Yes, v27.0.0.41.

What else could I check about my production (remember, this is a brand-new production with just 2 or 3 inputs!) to see what might be different to your setup?

It is a mystery, perhaps try with the headphones dial in the Master in vMix turned down completely so there is no way for the audio from the video to get out of the computer or system.
(As echo cancellation in Zoom uses the audio from the Windows audio to the speakers to calculate)

Then add the Zoom input, connect to it from a device far away, confirm it is hearing audio then add the second Zoom input.

Failing that I am stumped as we have tried on multiple systems and setups here too, multiple Zoom inputs all work with audio as expected!
You can send a support report and drop us an email, and we can try comparing with the setup from Streaming Idiots as Tom sent us a report to.
spinfold  
#59 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2023 1:20:34 AM(UTC)
spinfold

United Kingdom

Regards,

Martin

Yes, v27.0.0.41.

Also just tried with hosting (rather than joining) a meeting in vMix. Exactly the same issue.

Checked all my outputs - all 4 set to Output 1 and Master Audio.
spinfold  
#60 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2023 1:39:05 AM(UTC)
spinfold

United Kingdom

Yes, v27.0.0.41.

It is a mystery, perhaps try with the headphones dial in the Master in vMix turned down completely so there is no way for the audio from the video to get out of the computer or system.
(As echo cancellation in Zoom uses the audio from the Windows audio to the speakers to calculate)

Then add the Zoom input, connect to it from a device far away, confirm it is hearing audio then add the second Zoom input.

Failing that I am stumped as we have tried on multiple systems and setups here too, multiple Zoom inputs all work with audio as expected!
You can send a support report and drop us an email, and we can try comparing with the setup from Streaming Idiots as Tom sent us a report to.

Just tried with headphones knob on Master turned down, same problem.

Tried muting the Zoom on the separate device to avoid auto-ducking issues, and placed device far away, same problem.

How do I send a support report and what information do you need?