logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<34567>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
greggibson  
#81 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2023 7:59:30 AM(UTC)
greggibson

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mkrigsman Go to Quoted Post
I currently use Zoom Rooms and bring audio/video into vMix using NDI. With vMix 27, it is better to continue using NDI with Zoom, or better to use the new native integration from vMix?

I believe the idea here is to replace the use of Zoom Rooms with the vMix integration. Ideally there should be no reason to run Zoom Rooms once vMix 27 is stable.
greggibson  
#82 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2023 8:06:03 AM(UTC)
greggibson

United States

Is there a way with Zoom integration - or any plans to include - a way to bring in the muxed audio from the meeting in order to hear people in the meeting who are not pinned? You may not need to include that audio in the program, but you often need to hear non-participant staff during pre/post show. Or sometimes someone dials in with audio that is separate from their video so they are not sending an ISO audio feed, so utilizing the muxed audio is the only way to hear them.

Thanks,

Greg
kross  
#83 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2023 8:14:11 AM(UTC)
kross

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Originally Posted by: greggibson Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: mkrigsman Go to Quoted Post
I currently use Zoom Rooms and bring audio/video into vMix using NDI. With vMix 27, it is better to continue using NDI with Zoom, or better to use the new native integration from vMix?

I believe the idea here is to replace the use of Zoom Rooms with the vMix integration. Ideally there should be no reason to run Zoom Rooms once vMix 27 is stable.

That would be nice, but unless I'm mistaken, the only way to get HD video into Zoom currently is with a Zoom Rooms license. I use Zoom Pro and can't get anything other than 640x360 video, in both directions. I've read on the Zoom support forums that if you enable group HD in your account, and fullscreen on both the host and the client then it will give you HD. I've done that and could never go above 640x360 video.
AlanZ  
#84 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2023 9:34:11 AM(UTC)
AlanZ

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Kross,

Just to refine what you said, zoom Business and Enterprise accounts have had HD and FHD available for the past few years and are not limited to 360p. As such, my group uses 1080p regularly. It is my understanding that some Pro licenses are having HD (720p) enabled these days.
thanks 1 user thanked AlanZ for this useful post.
greggibson on 10/17/2023(UTC)
kross  
#85 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2023 10:20:28 AM(UTC)
kross

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AlanZ Go to Quoted Post
Kross,

Just to refine what you said, zoom Business and Enterprise accounts have had HD and FHD available for the past few years and are not limited to 360p. As such, my group uses 1080p regularly. It is my understanding that some Pro licenses are having HD (720p) enabled these days.

Yes, but Zoom Business starts at $1999 per year (because 10 user minimum). I'm not paying that just to get HD video! :)
greggibson  
#86 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2023 11:38:43 AM(UTC)
greggibson

United States

Quote:

Yes, but Zoom Business starts at $1999 per year (because 10 user minimum). I'm not paying that just to get HD video! :)

There are ways to get 1080 - or at least 720 - enabled on your account without that type of investment. I suggest you start with an email to Zoom support making your case on why you are worthy of receiving it. Zoom also recently announced that you can get 1080 on a basic webinar license.

That said- and I could be wrong - but the video pins via the SDK may be 1080 capable regardless of your license.

The biggest downer of 1080 Zoom access is realizing how few Zoom callers have 1080 capable cameras.

Greg
admin  
#87 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2023 11:49:45 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4166 time(s) in 1497 post(s)
Zoom integration - Zoom can't seem to decipher two users logged in with the same name. It will only show video from the first login, although it will list the name twice. Renaming has no impact unless you disconnect vMix from the Zoom session and then reconnect. On reconnect it will show correct names.

Yes, this is a requirement of Zoom support in vMix as there is no way to uniquely identify reliably otherwise between different sessions and meetings.
We will make sure the documentation notes to make sure all participants have unique names.
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
greggibson on 10/17/2023(UTC)
greggibson  
#88 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2023 12:03:54 PM(UTC)
greggibson

United States

That said- and I could be wrong - but the video pins via the SDK may be 1080 capable regardless of your license.

Ok I got clarification on this. Max resolution is tied to the owner of the account hosting the meeting. So resolution does depend on your Zoom account type. Or your clients. Whomever is hosting.
admin  
#89 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2023 12:12:42 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Important note regarding Zoom HD support, even if you have a HD supported plan, you will still need to contact Zoom support and ask them to enable HD support on their end as it is not automatic.

It is not overly clear on the Zoom web site, but is still a requirement.

https://support.zoom.us/...086-Using-Group-HD-video

Additionally, the HD support is set based on the account of the user hosting the Zoom meeting. Other participants, even those without paid Zoom accounts can be setup with HD as long as the Zoom host has it enabled.

thanks 2 users thanked admin for this useful post.
greggibson on 10/17/2023(UTC), sinc747 on 10/17/2023(UTC)
admin  
#90 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2023 6:14:27 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

vMix 27.0.0.44 Beta Released!

https://cdn.vmix.com/download/vmix27preview.exe
https://www.vmix.com/zoomplugindownload

Changes

* Fixed issue with Zoom audio when buses C-G are enabled.
* %/db tooltip now activates when using shortcuts on faders in addition to the mouse.

Audio Experiments

We thought we might enable some new audio features we have been tinkering with to get your feedback:

* Audio Bus Manager -> Found in the hamburger menu. Allow setting buses on/off for all inputs in one place.
* Bus Mixer -> Control Input volumes for each Bus independently
* PFL Mode -> Enable PFL mode on inputs to change Solo to monitor prior to the fader being applied.

Further information is available in the documentation.
https://www.vmix.com/help27/

thanks 16 users thanked admin for this useful post.
AlanZ on 10/17/2023(UTC), WatsonPrunier on 10/17/2023(UTC), Claude Beaulé on 10/17/2023(UTC), sinc747 on 10/18/2023(UTC), ryxyz on 10/18/2023(UTC), greggibson on 10/18/2023(UTC), Peter1000 on 10/18/2023(UTC), spinfold on 10/18/2023(UTC), mgrayeb on 10/18/2023(UTC), TFMG on 10/18/2023(UTC), ask on 10/18/2023(UTC), monamiga on 10/18/2023(UTC), zaczdt on 10/19/2023(UTC), stevespaw on 10/20/2023(UTC), jet on 10/21/2023(UTC), richardgatarski on 10/23/2023(UTC)
iming_dj  
#91 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2023 10:09:32 PM(UTC)
iming_dj

Indonesia

I use an Intel Arc A750 GPU. when inserting a media source video I get a black screen but the sound is normal on vmix 27.
AlanZ  
#92 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2023 10:37:10 PM(UTC)
AlanZ

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kross Go to Quoted Post
Kross,

I understand, and the only reason I clarified and added some other options is because you said

"...but unless I'm mistaken, the only way to get HD video into Zoom currently is with a Zoom Rooms license."
WaltG12  
#93 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2023 12:43:12 AM(UTC)
WaltG12

United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
When you add multiple Zoom inputs, these will default to the first participant only and will connect retrieve the raw feed for that participant once regardless.
When you right click inputs and change the participant, only then will it request that feed, and disconnect from any it no longer needs.

Maybe I'm unique, in that I'm "one man banding" vMix as host and producer, but is there any chance there can be a Settings option to change this behavior to fill in the inputs as people join? Even if it doesn't ignore users with no video/audio, that would still be a lot easier than needing to manually select participants, as I'm extremely limited in what manipulations I can make with a mouse on show days, with everything else I have to handle.

That combined with a vMix shortcut to end the meeting (when joined as host) would make this a lot easier to use for those of us wearing all the hats.

Needing to manually select participants makes this a non-starter for my workflow, unfortunately.
cody@raceontexas.com  
#94 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2023 1:25:35 AM(UTC)
cody@raceontexas.com

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks for adding these. I was in much need of them,

Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
vMix 27.0.0.44 Beta Released!

https://cdn.vmix.com/download/vmix27preview.exe
https://www.vmix.com/zoomplugindownload

Changes

* Fixed issue with Zoom audio when buses C-G are enabled.
* %/db tooltip now activates when using shortcuts on faders in addition to the mouse.

Audio Experiments

We thought we might enable some new audio features we have been tinkering with to get your feedback:

* Audio Bus Manager -> Found in the hamburger menu. Allow setting buses on/off for all inputs in one place.
* Bus Mixer -> Control Input volumes for each Bus independently
* PFL Mode -> Enable PFL mode on inputs to change Solo to monitor prior to the fader being applied.

Further information is available in the documentation.
https://www.vmix.com/help27/

thanks 1 user thanked cody@raceontexas.com for this useful post.
sinc747 on 10/18/2023(UTC)
cody@raceontexas.com  
#95 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2023 1:32:11 AM(UTC)
cody@raceontexas.com

United States

@admin

This is a great start, * %/db tooltip now activates when using shortcuts on faders in addition to the mouse.

But could you make it so when you turn the dial it shows up on the screen on the stream deck above the dial. This is what would be handy as your looking at the dial not the screen when adjusting it.
greggibson  
#96 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2023 5:04:04 AM(UTC)
greggibson

United States

Zoom audio routing definitely fixed. No issues getting audio in with Bus C enabled. Music also sounds great. No echo cancellation on it.

Still need a way to hear other audio in the meeting besides just the ISO pins. For a stand-alone app, you really need to be able to hear all of the participants in a meeting without having to pin them as an input, so there needs to be a way to create an input of the full muxed audio from the meeting. Otherwise you still have to run another Zoom instance somewhere else.

greg
cody@raceontexas.com  
#97 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2023 6:29:29 AM(UTC)
cody@raceontexas.com

United States

Testing with the new ability to adjust audio for each input per bus and its AMAZING!!! This is a much needed feature add for production. Thanks vMix.
greggibson  
#98 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2023 6:32:08 AM(UTC)
greggibson

United States

Originally Posted by: cody@raceontexas.com Go to Quoted Post
Testing with the new ability to adjust audio for each input per bus and its AMAZING!!! This is a much needed feature add for production. Thanks vMix.

Yes the Bus Mix feature is SUPER useful! As is the Audio Bus Manager tool. Thank you!
greggibson  
#99 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2023 6:36:41 AM(UTC)
greggibson

United States

Regarding the need to hear the full muxed audio in a Zoom meeting, the inclusion of an Active Speaker pin might be a work around for that, or the ability for the full Zoom meeting audio to be an option in the Audio Inputs list.

greg
greggibson  
#100 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2023 6:58:20 AM(UTC)
greggibson

United States

The vMix Social integration with Zoom is also working very well.

As mentioned previously, in order for Social to truly be useful, we need the ability to log Social into a different meeting than the one pinned speakers are participating in. Most of us using a Zoom workflow stage the speakers separately from the audience, then broadcast a vMix packaged feed into a different meeting or webinar where the audience resides. The number one pushback on a vMix-type production into Zoom is that the speakers have no direct access to the audience chat and QA and we have to incorporate clunky work arounds to provide this information.

I understand there is a limitation with the SDK in that you may not be able to have two instances of it running...and if that's the case I am wondering if the Social app could be modified so that you could run it on a second vMix instance that is connected to the audience session, but send the data it gathers to the primary instance where it can be incorporated into the production? Or perhaps Social could become a stand-alone app that runs by itself on another machine, and the data it gathers can be shared by other vMix instances.

I would happily pay extra for a stand-alone social app that can gather this kind of data and distribute to one or multiple vMix instances.

Thanks for listening.

Greg
thanks 1 user thanked greggibson for this useful post.
mgrayeb on 10/18/2023(UTC)