logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

15 Pages«<23456>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Damn2Good4U  
#61 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2013 7:05:09 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
This sounds good and interesting...

Its just a suggestion anyway... and the reason being that, i have been using the alpha version from day one, but the inability of adding a new video on the fly/realtime is something i think if you can work a way arnd it will be good.. even if the controller and the manager is not merged.

how about the ad integration? are you going to look into that as well?

Up late watching the conf. cup in brazil....
ali  
#62 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2013 8:08:40 AM(UTC)
ali

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi macjaeger you have done an excellent job,
My 2 cents, most Playout systems have automated links to CG systems, so if u can schedule inputs in Vmix to be played on overlays it would mimic this functionality, this would mean loading images with alpha or xaml files or even video files with alpha to be played on top of other scheduled tasks.
This will be a huge step forward.
Thanks for all the effort and good luck

Ali
macjaeger  
#63 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2013 9:16:30 AM(UTC)
macjaeger

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Thanks for your input! Could you explain a little more? What kind of images/clips would you like to overlay?
ali  
#64 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2013 10:08:27 AM(UTC)
ali

I'll give an example, say you want to schedule some music clips and for each clip you have some text overlay to show the name of the song and the director and what-have-you, usually in such situation we program our Playout system with the list of music videos and we tell the system to communicate with the CG system to overlay individual data for each clip.
In Vmix you can use any input as an overlay, you can prepare video clips with alpha with the appropriate data to be displayed as overlay, you can use a single image with text as an overlay, and you can use XAML files which is best in VMIX. The trick is you should tell your scheduler that a clip that you import would be either a background clip or an overlay clip , once you determine it is an overlay clip than you can overlap its time with another background clip so that after a determined time of a background clip playing the overlay clip will be triggered and played on top .

Ali
macjaeger  
#65 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2013 11:47:35 AM(UTC)
macjaeger

Ok, i understand what you want. It's not difficult to modify the controler-app to support overlays as well, but the manager-app is strongly hardcoded to build a gap-less consecutive list of events, so you can't just add more events (of a different type). We'd need to extend media-events to have some fields describing the desired overlay... no easy task, might need a re-write of some central parts of the code - don't know if i'll ever find the time for that.

First priority now is updating the code to make use of the new capabilities, getting it from alpha to beta.
ali  
#66 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2013 1:27:02 PM(UTC)
ali

Good luck with all.
macjaeger  
#67 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2013 10:10:48 AM(UTC)
macjaeger

Help me decide, please:

Imagine you have some scheduled clips running and then change the schedule. What should happen when there is one clip running and you schedule another clip at the same time, say: Clip A is scheduled and running from 13:00 to 13:30, but at 13:15 you update the schedule and add Clip B to start at 13:10, then Clip C to start at 13:20 and later Clip D to start at 13:40.

Option 1) "immidiate transit":
As soon as you update the schedule vMix loads Clip B, skips the first 5 minutes and transits from Clip A to B. After that, the new schedule runs.

Option 2) "clean start":
Clip B is ignored (because its starttime has already passed), Clip A continues to play until 13:20, then Clip C will be started.

Option 3) "clean end":
Clip B is ignored, Clip A plays until its end, then Clip C is activated (missing the first 10 minutes).

Option 4) "clean start & end":
Clip B and C are ignored (because they conflict with Clip A which is already running), Clip A plays to its end at 13:30, then vMix waits until 13:40 and finally Clip D starts at 13:40.

In other words: what's your priority? Playing clips to the end, once they started? Or activating new schedules as soon as possible? Would you rather have clips shown only half, or would you prefer to have black (or filler media) before the next clips?
ridi  
#68 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2013 12:29:23 PM(UTC)
ridi

Opsion 5) Clip A ingored start clip B and after clip B finshed clip A begins where it remained.
IceStream  
#69 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2013 7:09:32 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
My thinking would be Option 1 since the intention is to make immediate changes... although I am not fond of interrupting any clips, 3 out of the 4 scenarios presented could be accomplished with Option 1 as the default behavior by removing clips from the schedule and the other scenario as well (Option 3) if you timed your reschedule to coincide with the end of clip A, so I think it makes the most sense.

Ice
Damn2Good4U  
#70 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2013 8:02:35 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

macjaeger wrote:
Help me decide, please:

Imagine you have some scheduled clips running and then change the schedule. What should happen when there is one clip running and you schedule another clip at the same time, say: Clip A is scheduled and running from 13:00 to 13:30, but at 13:15 you update the schedule and add Clip B to start at 13:10, then Clip C to start at 13:20 and later Clip D to start at 13:40.

Option 1) "immidiate transit":
As soon as you update the schedule vMix loads Clip B, skips the first 5 minutes and transits from Clip A to B. After that, the new schedule runs.

Option 2) "clean start":
Clip B is ignored (because its starttime has already passed), Clip A continues to play until 13:20, then Clip C will be started.

Option 3) "clean end":
Clip B is ignored, Clip A plays until its end, then Clip C is activated (missing the first 10 minutes).

Option 4) "clean start & end":
Clip B and C are ignored (because they conflict with Clip A which is already running), Clip A plays to its end at 13:30, then vMix waits until 13:40 and finally Clip D starts at 13:40.

In other words: what's your priority? Playing clips to the end, once they started? Or activating new schedules as soon as possible? Would you rather have clips shown only half, or would you prefer to have black (or filler media) before the next clips?

My take on this is opition #1

the intention is to make and immediate change.. but i will just allow the Clip A transit to a filler (e.g. channel logo or promo or intro) then to Clip B.
macjaeger  
#71 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2013 9:42:57 AM(UTC)
macjaeger

Ok, after some minor problems (i had the demo version running on the machine i was coding on, but the 60 days was over, so i had to transfer my full version to that machine first) i now have an alpha release that makes use of some of the v10 features, but no new features built in yet. If you are running v10, give it a try:

vMixScheduler ALPHA 05 - needs vMix v10 to work!

If you have any old schedules lying around, please click "erase schedule" once, to avoid side effects...
macjaeger  
#72 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 8:31:31 AM(UTC)
macjaeger

I assume, this is a question?

What do you mean? You can always add overlays manually while Scheduler is controlling vMix, so a permanent "channel logo" is easily done.
macjaeger  
#73 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 9:00:57 AM(UTC)
macjaeger

So basically you are spamming my thread with advertising. Don't.
admin  
#74 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 9:33:34 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4161 time(s) in 1494 post(s)
Deleted the users for now, i'm hoping it is just a language gap.
I've requested they post whatever question they have in a new thread in their native language in case someone here can help them.

macjaeger  
#75 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 10:52:18 AM(UTC)
macjaeger

Thanks. I like to help where i can, but a) i didn't understand the question, and b) i got to the conclusion it might just be advertising spam - although it's hardly spam if there's no link or product mentioned.
geigs  
#76 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 6:19:23 PM(UTC)
geigs

Do you plan to add the rest of the inputs in the new version ?

Like Capture and Flash/RTMP ?

I would really like to see the option to schedule a input from another device like capture card or camera for a set duration in a playlist with other media.

I would like to have a playlist of video files, live input, and flash files.

I understand it is currently possible to create playlists up to a week long for every day ?

Will vMixScheduler just continue to loop a playlist that is a week long ?

Can playlists be changed and updated without stopping playback ?

thanks
macjaeger  
#77 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 6:56:33 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

I've had to stall all developement until august, as my daytime job is crazy right now. I hope v10 is final then, and will build upon that.
macjaeger  
#78 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2013 5:15:28 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

Do not wait. I'm not going to release anything in the next couple of weeks. The crazyness in my daytime job is even getting worse, i might have to step up the ladder into a leading position sooner than i thought - if things don't cool down it's either "take matters into my own hands" or "let the ship sail" (and probably not with me). I still hope it's just the hot summer making coworkers go crazy, and once they had their vacations the major disagreements can be settled.

Sorry to let you wait more, but i don't want to promise dates i can't hold. If things spiral out of control here I will at least try to get a working version for vMix 10 ready and release all source open for someone else to continue my work - but i hope it won't come to that, now that Martin has added so many of the features i was eagerly waiting for!
Damn2Good4U  
#79 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2013 8:20:21 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

@macjaeger

Its a pity things are getting tough at your place of work...

You have done a great job, and we appreciate what you have done so far... but please do make time out to at least try your working on it here and there.

The Lord is your strength. Wishing you all the best.
IceStream  
#80 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2013 4:04:03 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ atpt
macjaeger has done a pretty good job with vMixScheduler Alpha 0.5 that works well with vMix10. I would play around with it to see if you have any major issues with it's functionality, but I have found it to work like a charm.

Ice
thanks 1 user thanked IceStream for this useful post.
atpt on 8/10/2013(UTC)