logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

15 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
macjaeger  
#21 Posted : Saturday, June 1, 2013 1:38:39 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Well, in this version i _only_ added writing the version-string to the window-bar, nothing changed at the code. Yet i'm glad it works now, probably before was only a one-time-glitch ;-)
IceStream  
#22 Posted : Saturday, June 1, 2013 9:19:37 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
Wonderful job MJ!
I realize this is the alpha version and there are bound to be some issues...
I have these questions and observations:
Is there a way to make additions or changes on the fly?
If I "add to schedule" in manager or reload in the controller it affects the current output until everything is back in sync (about 10 or 12 seconds) not a big deal but still a disruption to the program out.
Also, is there a glitch in following the entire path to a file?
My files are not always found even though they are there, the error message only shows about 3/4 of the entire path (even though they are fully listed in the scheduler, also seems to be the same files every time but they load fine as inputs in vMix)
Is there a way to loop or repeat the schedule? As I see it now, it seems to be a glorified form of the playlist although I might not have a complete understanding of the scheduler's current functionality.
but I must say I am very impressed with what you have done.

Ice
IceStream  
#23 Posted : Saturday, June 1, 2013 9:23:05 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Follow up...
The files that are not found have an "&" in the path (that's where the path stops in the error message)

Ice
macjaeger  
#24 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2013 7:23:56 AM(UTC)
macjaeger

Thank you for your feedback!

The output-disruption when you update the schedule can be fixed, this happens when you add a clip that is already running, i should find a way to detect this. As a workaround, until i fix this, you can simply delete the already running clip from your schedule and adjust the starting time.

The problem with "&" in the filenames is caused by the way that vMixControl and vMix communicate through web-api-calls (the ampersand is a delimiting character, breaking the filename there). I guess also other critical characters could break the filename transmission, maybe i can escape those chars, but i'll have to see if vMix understands it then.
macjaeger  
#25 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2013 8:45:32 AM(UTC)
macjaeger

Good news, and bad news.

Good news is: i changed the way vMixControler updates the schedule. Now it will detect when you (re)schedule a clip that is already running and leave it alone. Detection is based on Title, Type, Start- and Endtime. So if you change the starting time, vMix will still interrupt your running programm (as it has to assume you want to fix a broken schedule). If you absolutely want to avoid this, you could take vMixControler offline for a little while (at least as many seconds as you selected in "Load Input before Transition" setting).
The problem is: vMixControler cannot reliably check if a particular event is already scheduled. This will change once Martin publishes vMix v10, he has added some very usefull features to the web api.

As for the bad news: i have no way of transmitting the character "&" to vMix through the web api, because of the way vMix parses the web-requests. For now you have to avoid files or folders containing the ampersand character (or rename them).

New version: http://www.weir3d.de/fil...ixScheduler/alpha_03.zip

@Martin:
Is there a way to escape special characters (like the ampersand) in web-api-calls?
admin  
#26 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2013 10:09:27 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
macjaeger,

You should be able to use standard URL encoding to escape any conflicting characters.
For example the URL encoding for & is %26

?Function=AddInput&Value=Video|c:\test%26video.avi

Would escape the filename c:\test&video.avi

Reference: http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_urlencode.asp

EDIT: (if you add a reference to System.Web to your .NET APP you can use this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us....urlencode(v=vs.80).aspx)

Regards,

Martin
vMix
IceStream  
#27 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2013 11:46:54 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Additional observations:
v3 (at least on my system) on "add to schedule" or "reload Schedule" completely disrupts the program out leaving it blank till the next scheduled event.
Not sure if it might be related to this other observation but unlike in your demo video, the next input does not appear in preview but seems to jump right to program, in fact, the first scheduled event appears in program window (as if in preview) waiting for scheduled time to start.
This was also the behavior in v2, I didn't really test v1.
Perhaps there is some setting that I have missed or in my set-up that is causing this... thoughts???
All-in-all though, this is a great little app for vMix.

Ice

macjaeger  
#28 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2013 1:23:55 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

@Martin:
Thank you for stating, what should have been obvious to me ;-) Actually i tried replacing the ampersand with %26, but i only tested this in firefox', and when it didn't work there i didn't pursue the idea any further. I don't know why it didn't work in firefox, but it surely works with .net webclient. I took your advice an added UrlEncode to all filenames.

@Ice:
Alpha v3 shouldn't interrupt the output any longer on reload or updates when the event for this moment is the same (in terms of title, path, start and end times) as the event currently running. Please make sure you didn't change any of the four elements, especially not the start or end times accidently. I'll think about a better way to handle this issue, but until v10 my options are limited.

Quote:
Not sure if it might be related to this other observation but unlike in your demo video, the next input does not appear in preview but seems to jump right to program, in fact, the first scheduled event appears in program window (as if in preview) waiting for scheduled time to start.

That's vMix. When you have no inputs loaded (input 1 & 2 "Blank"), the first clip you load is sent to output window immediatly (although not started). If you want to avoid this, add at least a dummy (Colour->black) before you load the first clip.
macjaeger  
#29 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2013 2:54:04 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

Updated version, should work with "&" in paths.

Http://www.weir3d.de/fil...Scheduler/alpha_0301.zip
IceStream  
#30 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2013 4:42:15 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

@ macjaeger
Certainly some weird behaviors going on that I'm sure are unintended...
I would expect the next input in the queue to load into preview at the predetermined time (default 5 seconds)as it does in your demo video, but this is not happening for me, it is mere milliseconds and hardly noticeable.
Having "dummy" inputs also exhibits strange behaviors when using "operator" or "blackness" events.
In my case I loaded a preset of 8 colour inputs, upon loading the controller with a schedule having either of those events in them immediately removes the 1st input of my preset.
Blackness.jpg inputs are not closed out after playing out but rather the next preset input at the front of the queue is closed, in other words, a preset profile of 8 inputs is reduced to 7 blackness.jpg inputs after playing a schedule that has 7 or more blackness events, it would seem they begin to close out once there are no other inputs to close (perhaps some sort of hierarchy of input relevance???)
IceStream  
#31 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2013 5:31:46 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

v3.01 crashes when any schedule is loaded...
Also tried v3 with camera as 1st and 2nd inputs as capture inputs (Camera 1 via firewire, camera 2 usb) followed by 8 colour presets (10 inputs before loading a schedule)
Schedule with 10 short video clips each followed by 10 seconds of blackness:
1st input (Camera 1) closed upon loading into controller, subsequent inputs closed with each blackness event completion.
End result is a profile with 9 blackness.jpg inputs and none of the original profile.
A schedule with just videos or images seems to work just fine (other than the preview issue).
Also noticed that once an event expires it is properly displayed in preview till it closes out (default 5 seconds) and then is always replaced by input #2, at the conclusion of the schedule, program out reverts to input #1 (I assume this is a default action of vMix)
macjaeger  
#32 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2013 6:06:27 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

Quote:
v3.01 crashes when any schedule is loaded...

Could you please explain what kind of "crash" you experience? Is there any error message? There's hardly any change between v0.3.0.0 and v0.3.0.1 - the only thing i added was a call to "UrlEncode", which shouldn't change the game much. For the record: which version of .net do you have installed?

As for the other "strange behavior" you experience: could it be that you are running two instances of vMixControler by accident? Obviously something is interfering with the order of inputs in vMix.

Background information:

At the moment - meaning: vMix v9 - there is only one way of telling vMix which input to close, that is by number. But the input numbers can change whenever you add or remove inputs! Therefor vMixControler has to perform two steps for closing an input: first it has to retrieve status information from vMix to find out what number corresponds to a specific videoclip. Then it has to tell vMix to close the input identified by that number. If the numbers change between these two steps vMix will close the wrong input... But the only way the numbers could change are either user interference (like adding / closing inputs while vMixControler is active) or some other application trying to control vMix concurrently, e.g. another vMixControler instance. Usually the two actions mentioned before happen so quickly after each other that no user action should happen in between; but another instance of vMixControler would act on the same schedule and thus try at exact the same moment, so one of both instances would be mislead.

This will change when vMix v10 is available, because then each input can be identified reliably - at the moment i'm running an unelegant workaround.

Even if you don't see vMixControler running: after a crash there could be background tasks still active (vMixControler is running several threads)! Please look into your tasklist if you find any vMixControler.exe left over!

By the way: thank you for testing vMixScheduler! Only a handfull of willing testers can find all the strange glitches in programm!
ridi  
#33 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2013 6:36:11 PM(UTC)
ridi

The schedule works great, but can you do when fineshed the schedule, to start again the playlist of vmix, because when schedule ends, its start nothing its black, it will be great to start where remains the playlist. thanks
macjaeger  
#34 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2013 6:59:55 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

ridi wrote:
The schedule works great, but can you do when fineshed the schedule, to start again the playlist of vmix, because when schedule ends, its start nothing its black, it will be great to start where remains the playlist. thanks

The idea of vMixScheduler is to superseed vMix' own playlist feature, so why would you like to schedule files here and there? I could make vMixControl start the playlis (eg. add an option "start playlist after last event"), but it would only start it from the beginning, because there's no way for vMixControl to find out where the playlist was stopped before. Would that be helpfull?
ridi  
#35 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2013 7:05:58 PM(UTC)
ridi

No, it's not helpfull, if you can do to start when it left this is helpfull. when i do a playlist at schedule the fist video start when start the second it says error, and can you do to add a lot of videos and to go add to schedule all videos no one by one. thanks
macjaeger  
#36 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2013 7:09:56 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

If i only understood what you want to say... sorry, i'm no english native.

I understand there is an error - what error? Who says "error", vMix or my scheduler? And when does this error occur? What can i do to reproduce the error? I only can cure what i can diagnose.

You can add a number of videos at once, just hold ctrl or shift when you add videos in vMixManager. If it doesn't work, you might need the latest version, at the moment that's v0.3.0.1 (link is somepost above this one).
ridi  
#37 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2013 7:19:10 PM(UTC)
ridi

scheduler say error when start to play the next video.
macjaeger  
#38 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2013 7:22:16 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

It doesn't just say "error", does it? I haven't built in a function that just says "error", yet the error-message is probably from windows itself. I figure there will be some more text in this message, could you please take a screenshot or copy&paste the complete error-message?
Damn2Good4U  
#39 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2013 6:19:05 AM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
I have not tested the latest version, which I will today and get back to you...

In the meantime, we should be looking at adding a schedule for a whole week, by this, we will be able to eliminate the blank screen of now...

Because, if I have a whole week scheduled, from 00:00 - 23:59 daily for a week and saved each day .xml as per the days e.g Monday Schedule, Tuesday schedule etc.... And the ability to upload all the days int the controller will be so nice.. By this we can plan to update the already used days for the coming week or it will be nice if the controller can auto load those .xml days.... Even if you do not update it.

Regards,
Rottimmy
VMix evangelist
macjaeger  
#40 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2013 6:27:29 AM(UTC)
macjaeger

You can schedule a whole week already, just create a xml-file for each day (selecting the proper start time and date), and press "add to schedule" for each. This will be a very long schedule file / list, but it _should_ work (i actually haven't tested more than 100 events).

I can imagine a number of different ways to organize scheduling; but it may be best if you describe how you would like the scheduling to work.