logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

15 Pages«<34567>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
IceStream  
#81 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 8:49:22 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
I would play around with it and test various scenarios to see how your output is affected by changes on the fly. Using short video clips will allow you to test quickly. I find that adding or removing items from a loaded playlist prior to them playing out is very effective. Loading a new playlist might disrupt or give an undesired result to a loaded playlist if your times don't line up.

Ice
imagebotique  
#82 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 9:58:22 AM(UTC)
imagebotique

Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am in agreement to paying additional $$$$ for a enhanced instant replay system I would love to have 2 or 3 camera angles synced and be able to replay a soccer goal from angle 1 then angle 2 then angle 3. I film for a small pro soccer team and its a pretty small budget I have to work with but this type of feature would definitely place their video production in the big leagues
Damn2Good4U  
#83 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 10:06:13 AM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
imagebotique wrote:
I am in agreement to paying additional $$$$ for a enhanced instant replay system I would love to have 2 or 3 camera angles synced and be able to replay a soccer goal from angle 1 then angle 2 then angle 3. I film for a small pro soccer team and its a pretty small budget I have to work with but this type of feature would definitely place their video production in the big leagues

I think this should be in the Feature Request...
macjaeger  
#84 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 6:48:26 AM(UTC)
macjaeger

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Yep, replay system is definitely nothing i can implement here...

I'm going to work on the scheduler tonight, any urgent wishes?
thanks 1 user thanked macjaeger for this useful post.
atpt on 8/14/2013(UTC)
Damn2Good4U  
#85 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 2:11:19 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

macjaeger wrote:
I'm going to work on the scheduler tonight, any urgent wishes?

How are you my boss, good to see you coming back to this?

Yeah, ability to be able to add/remove video(s) on the fly, i mean in real-time.

If possible ability to be able to add adverts in-between clips e.g. a 30mins video with ad injection after 15mins for like 3mins before playing the last half of the video.

take care and remain blessed.
macjaeger  
#86 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2013 8:47:11 AM(UTC)
macjaeger

Add/Remove should work now, but only in the way that seamless schedule-changes are implemented. Meaning: when you change the schedule, the controller app will detect if the currently playing clip has to be changed, and if so it will load the new clip, then transition to it.

Adding adds and other stuff "inbetween" a clip will be supported in a very basic way: a clip can be split into pieces, and between the pieces other clips can be placed. For any seekable media you will be able to set in- and/or out-times, thus you could e.g. stop a movie at "the end" and before credits roll.

These changes will still take some time, and will probably be the end of my involvement - i have to take on additional responsibilities at my job in september, and i don't yet know how this will work out for me. Not quite the "step up" i feared, but a drastic rearrangement of "who does what".
Damn2Good4U  
#87 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2013 8:59:19 AM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

@macjaeger,

Well done, I am with you all the way, but i prayed you still have a bit of time to improving the addon..

Thanks 4 your time and efforts. Well appreciated within the community of vMix users
shd  
#88 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 10:24:04 AM(UTC)
shd

macjaeger great work, thanks dude :)
geigs  
#89 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 3:57:32 PM(UTC)
geigs

macjaeger,

I'm testing vMixScheduler Alpha 05 with vMix 10 and works for me so far

If you can please add the option to select Capture and Flash/RTMP to vMixManager for scheduling, I would really appreciate it !

Or add all the Inputs that are in vMix to vMixManager

Thank You for this and all your efforts
macjaeger  
#90 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 3:07:47 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

geigs wrote:
If you can please add the option to select Capture and Flash/RTMP to vMixManager for scheduling, I would really appreciate it ! Or add all the Inputs that are in vMix to vMixManager

I try to understand your intention. You want to schedule presenting a live input like other kinds of input, right? I think this could be done, but it may involve some preparation from your side, e.g. setup the input the way you want it and give it a unique name, then scheduling that input to be presented... I'll look into it.
Damn2Good4U  
#91 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 6:40:30 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

macjaeger wrote:
geigs wrote:
If you can please add the option to select Capture and Flash/RTMP to vMixManager for scheduling, I would really appreciate it ! Or add all the Inputs that are in vMix to vMixManager

I try to understand your intention. You want to schedule presenting a live input like other kinds of input, right? I think this could be done, but it may involve some preparation from your side, e.g. setup the input the way you want it and give it a unique name, then scheduling that input to be presented... I'll look into it.

I guess the option is to be able to a other live streaming videos from other source into the scheduler e.g. adding the like of RT News or PressTV stream as part of the schedule for news hour...
macjaeger  
#92 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 7:25:38 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

As far as i know (i haven't gone through all new api options yet) it is not possible to create all kinds of inputs through the web-api; and even if it was possible, it would mean a tremendous amount of extra gui in my application to support it all. The far easier way to do this kind of stuff is an additional kind of "media element" besides video, audio, etc.: a generic "named input" element that you can schedule like all other elements, and when it's scheduled time arrives the controller app will search for an input with the specified name and activate that.

E.g: you configure your live stream any way you need and call it "cnn news"; then you schedule the named input "cnn news" for 20:00 to 20:10 in vMixManager, and at 20:00 vMixController will switch to that very input (if it is still in the list). vMixController won't recreate the input if it was closed by then, and it can't change any settings, but just switching to this input - similar to switching to the "manual" mode - is easy.

So, would this help?
macjaeger  
#93 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 7:35:27 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

Announcement:

I'm going to add the functionality mentioned earlier until the weekend, at least i try to. By then i will release a new version of the apps, including the sources (as a visual c# project). After that i won't be able to put much time into further development, as from september on i'll have to be more commited to my daytime job than i was before. I hope i'll be able to fix bugs and iron out glitches, but there won't be time for more.

So if anyone would like to take over this half done piece of software - be my guest! I'll provide any help i can give...

I designed both applications as seperate tools from the beginning so that it would be easy to come up with a completely different, hopefully easier to use manager-application, while the controller application can stay untouched. All scheduling information is kept in a single, straight forware xml-file in a special place; even a php-script could create this...
Damn2Good4U  
#94 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 9:57:37 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

macjaeger wrote:
Announcement:

I'm going to add the functionality mentioned earlier until the weekend, at least i try to. By then i will release a new version of the apps, including the sources (as a visual c# project). After that i won't be able to put much time into further development, as from September on i'll have to be more committed to my daytime job than i was before. I hope i'll be able to fix bugs and iron out glitches, but there won't be time for more.

So if anyone would like to take over this half done piece of software - be my guest! I'll provide any help i can give...

I designed both applications as separate tools from the beginning so that it would be easy to come up with a completely different, hopefully easier to use manager-application, while the controller application can stay untouched. All scheduling information is kept in a single, straight forward xml-file in a special place; even a php-script could create this...

Awwww! i can't fault you, you have to do what you have to do... but i think it will be nice if you can try to see what you can do to improve the software maybe 1-2hrs in a month until its perfected... you started it, i believed you only can take it to that imaginable height just like what vMix is achieving at the moment.

In all good luck and thank you once more for all your efforts in making vMix a better software
geigs  
#95 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 10:02:20 PM(UTC)
geigs

Quote:
You want to schedule presenting a live input like other kinds of input, right?

Yes this is the idea, just like in vMix when you click on Add Input you can select from all inputs available. When you click on the Capture tab you can select a capture device (like a decklink card) and have the input from that device as a live source.
It would be great to have this Input available in vMixManager to schedule.
The option to Add Flash files and Live Streaming video Input to the schedule would also be great.

Quote:
you configure your live stream any way you need and call it "cnn news"; then you schedule the named input "cnn news" for 20:00 to 20:10 in vMixManager, and at 20:00 vMixController will switch to that very input (if it is still in the list). vMixController won't recreate the input if it was closed by then, and it can't change any settings, but just switching to this input - similar to switching to the "manual" mode - is easy.

Yes this sounds right, whatever works and is the easiest to implement, looking forward to seeing what you can do.
macjaeger  
#96 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2013 12:41:48 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

Damn2Good4U wrote:
it will be nice if you can try to see what you can do to improve the software maybe 1-2hrs in a month until its perfected...

You know that software never can reach perfection... Of course i'll see what i can do to improve it, but i won't add complex new features, as this takes some continuos time to implement. I won't have "no time at all" in the future, but i fear it will be hard to find a whole evening anytime soon.
Damn2Good4U  
#97 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2013 3:10:19 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

macjaeger wrote:
Damn2Good4U wrote:
it will be nice if you can try to see what you can do to improve the software maybe 1-2hrs in a month until its perfected...

You know that software never can reach perfection... Of course i'll see what i can do to improve it, but i won't add complex new features, as this takes some continuos time to implement. I won't have "no time at all" in the future, but i fear it will be hard to find a whole evening anytime soon.

All the same, you have a been a complete gentleman and a wonder... thanks for your contributions...
macjaeger  
#98 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 8:22:59 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

Here we go:

I've just uploaded vMixScheduler Alpha 06 to my server, for you to try out.

Changes:

All media elements now have a property called "InPoint"; you can use this to skip to a different starting point. Imagine you schedule a movie-trailer and want to skip the first 20 seconds (the ugly green image telling you that the following trailer is approved for children above 6 years), then you just set the InPoint to 00:00:20 (Duration will be reduced accordingly).
InPoint and Duration now have a set of buttons next to them that can set duration to or increase inpoint by 1/4, 1/3 or 1/2 of the media duration. This may be usefull if you want to split a movie and insert advertising: just schedule the movie, set duration to "1/2", then duplicate the entry and increase inpoint by "+1/2".
Just play with the settings, i guess you'll get the drift.

There's a new media-type simply called "input". This is a placeholder for any pre-defined input you added to vMix yourself. E.g. add a camera-input in vMix, call the input "MyCamera". Then you can schedule the live-image of the camera through vMixScheduler by adding "input" and naming the entry "MyCamera" as well (enter exactly the same name as in vMix!). I know it's not very sophisticated, but i guess it might solve some of the requested features... Beware: If the named input is not found, vMix will switch to whatever input is in the preview screen at the time (that's not my decision, it's standard vMix behavior if you try to transition to a unknown input).

vMixController now expects vMix 10.0.0.59 or above, it won't work with older versions anymore - sorry. But it should now be a lot more stable and not remove the wrong input by accident. Also you should be able to change the schedule at any time, vMixController should smoothly switch to the new schedule.

Please take some time and test drive the applications, any glitches you find in the next couple days might still get ironed out.
thanks 1 user thanked macjaeger for this useful post.
Damn2Good4U on 8/30/2013(UTC)
Damn2Good4U  
#99 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 9:22:42 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

macjaeger wrote:
Here we go:

I've just uploaded vMixScheduler Alpha 06 to my server, for you to try out.

Changes:

All media elements now have a property called "InPoint"; you can use this to skip to a different starting point. Imagine you schedule a movie-trailer and want to skip the first 20 seconds (the ugly green image telling you that the following trailer is approved for children above 6 years), then you just set the InPoint to 00:00:20 (Duration will be reduced accordingly).
InPoint and Duration now have a set of buttons next to them that can set duration to or increase inpoint by 1/4, 1/3 or 1/2 of the media duration. This may be usefull if you want to split a movie and insert advertising: just schedule the movie, set duration to "1/2", then duplicate the entry and increase inpoint by "+1/2".
Just play with the settings, i guess you'll get the drift.

There's a new media-type simply called "input". This is a placeholder for any pre-defined input you added to vMix yourself. E.g. add a camera-input in vMix, call the input "MyCamera". Then you can schedule the live-image of the camera through vMixScheduler by adding "input" and naming the entry "MyCamera" as well (enter exactly the same name as in vMix!). I know it's not very sophisticated, but i guess it might solve some of the requested features... Beware: If the named input is not found, vMix will switch to whatever input is in the preview screen at the time (that's not my decision, it's standard vMix behavior if you try to transition to a unknown input).

vMixController now expects vMix 10.0.0.59 or above, it won't work with older versions anymore - sorry. But it should now be a lot more stable and not remove the wrong input by accident. Also you should be able to change the schedule at any time, vMixController should smoothly switch to the new schedule.

Please take some time and test drive the applications, any glitches you find in the next couple days might still get ironed out.

Well done my guy... I will play around with it this weekend...

Kudos
Damn2Good4U  
#100 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 9:49:25 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

I have actually tried it and I am still on it as I type this...

I can only say that i am more than impressed with what i have seen so far...

But for just one more thing... ASPECT RATIO.

Is there a way to set that in the vMixManager and make whatever ratio chosen universal for the scheduler?
e.g. Widescreen, Anamorphic, Normal or in this format 4:3, 16:9 etc.