logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thepelell  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, April 11, 2017 8:23:26 AM(UTC)
thepelell

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
just came back from first race of the season. I tried the Raspberry cam onboard during a 3 hour race on saturday then on another car on sunday. Overall I was happy with range, considering the cost, I still have a few things to sort out. First is the jittery playback, I am forced to leave the cam at 30fps but I am broadcasting at 25 fps, but the output from the receiver is jittery the same so I will have to dig into that. I then need to find out why on sunday i had worse range and lost completely contact from tx after 2 laps..
Considering that Mugello race track has lots of elevation changes and blind spots, and that the receiver wasn't in the best line of sight , I am quite happy and am sure it can only get better with more tests and on more favourable tracks.
My total config was 3 camera operators with Auvidea h264 encoders, 4 ptz ip cams with remote joystick , and 2 fixed Grandstream ip cams. 6 people total plus commentators. vmix 18 on main pc, vmix 19 on backup/standby pc.
If you want to check range with google earth, search for Mugello Circuit in Italy, receiver was on tent roof next to the bridge connecting 2 stands.
Go to 4h 28' for the race with onboard camera