logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Nick Davidson  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2017 10:51:21 AM(UTC)
Nick Davidson

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hello vMix family. I'm not sure if this should be in the general discussion or NDI so please let me know if it's misplaced.

I am capturing our church slides being driven in ProPresenter 6 via Desktop Capture / NDI. In ProPresenter I am making the background green so that I can key the background out in vMix and use the text in a different production.

The issue I and having is the inability to pull a clean key. The edges of the text always look rough and pixelated after the key. I have tried several different green color backgrounds, blue and even black.

Is this a result due to the lack of data from the NDI feed or is this just a limitation of the keyer in vMix. In practical lighting situations, I find most bad keying can be solved by lighting the green screen evenly but in this situation we have a perfect green color and contrasting text. Lighting is not a factor.

Thanks in advance for any tips or ideas.
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2017 11:17:44 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi Nick

I don't use pro presenter, but I see it supports alpha keying (at least with an option module).

Can't you design your titles with alpha transparent backgrounds that NDI supports natively? It would be a perfect solution if it's possible.

Regarding your issue, I never had excellent results with green keying on texts either.
Nick Davidson  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2017 11:27:19 AM(UTC)
Nick Davidson

Man

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
DWAM wrote:
Hi Nick

I don't use pro presenter, but I see it supports alpha keying (at least with an option module).

Can't you design your titles with alpha transparent backgrounds that NDI supports natively? It would be a perfect solution if it's possible.

Regarding your issue, I never had excellent results with green keying on texts either.

The add on module is rather expensive. They also have and NDI / SDI module but at a cost. I like ProPresenter but they nickel and dime you with all these add on modules.

With the power of vMix, NDI and Desktop I was hoping to solve the issue without any additional software add-ons and cost.