logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
doggy  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 8:03:51 AM(UTC)
doggy

Groups: Registered
Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Hi All

I am trying to create some sort of standing / result listing overlay updated by puling external data

I have managed to create this using xml files but have not been able to find a way to update this list after a change of the data on screen.

Is anyone more familiar with xaml in order to retrieve external data (from other source) ?

Can also anyone explain the presence of a XAML.VB file and how to use it. A practical example would help me a lot.

There have been a few similar topics here already but they haven't helped me much so far.

Pushing data through http requests I managed but that only good when you are in control of this data yourself.

Appreciate any feedback

Guy
MrFreeze  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2013 10:35:41 AM(UTC)
MrFreeze

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
what you can do is open a new thread on the code side,

i'm doing this in C#, but you need to load the DLL in Vmix,

I am working on making a library for this, but this wont be made public for some time

Here a link that might help you in VB

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315577
doggy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2013 5:36:42 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Thank you for responding MrFreeze.

To be honest I am more lost now .

Wish there was a little more documentation in regards to the XAML possibilities.
Being able to efficiently change title information during a sporting event , especially where this info has to be avaliable quickly and flexible seems to be a possibility with vMix.
Browsing through numerous xaml examples I keep running into situations where those do not work in vMix unles i change some ordering in the code . I assumed for example the xaml.vb files had to do with codebehind but I cant seem to find the actual truthfulness to it .

I would think titling and information retrieving (players info) , resultsdisplay quickly would be one of the options benefitial to live event production .

Casparcg has a good system in that sense with flashtemplates and relative easy to create clients , based on that I only see me able to create similar clients using htprequests for sending the info to xaml templates.

reason: displaying sportsman details, switch to scoring the performance , displaying an intermediary standing order over footage after all within 1 minute of a performance repeatedly up to a few hundred times .

MrFreeze  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2013 8:33:01 AM(UTC)
MrFreeze

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I've made a quick example for you in C#

example folder

please note that there is an infinite loop in this code. As a result you will need to close vmix through task manager.

Michael