logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
freddy.cunningham  
#21 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2017 2:24:26 PM(UTC)
freddy.cunningham

Groups: Registered

I don't think that is used in the software for vmix because from what i saw the graphic overlays are loaded into the software and then within it you can update the text fields and remove certain graphics etc. And then the software would export the overlays all as one .png
doggy  
#22 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2017 2:38:40 PM(UTC)
doggy

Groups: Registered
Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Quote:
could I trigger title elements through this software from a serial port data stream coming from a swimming timing system if I wrote a program do do so.

you could but would need to create some external client who would then send appropriate api commands for example

in this example I referred to before here the left list is triggered by data changes in a file ( pre-datasources in vMix). lenght of list is also according to lenght of list in datasource

lower right animation is triggered by certain field values, the timer is send from external client to same xaml title triggerd by serialport signals , the color of the placing here is depending on the ranking value

this example is also triggered by an external "data" source but now as an NDI source as overlay (it's an XAML title converted to NDI to facilitate remote location control ) which adds the colored blocks ( color determined by the value)
something like this could be an idea for the 6 boxes as here it are basic 12 boxes based on data (created in blend with some codebehind)

both first(left side) and second example make use of the xaml obeservable collections with their template binded to data

For specific wishes I prefer specific created titles and controls especially for easy of operation by third person. Specific wishes sometimes demand specific developments, it' worth investing the time into it for easier use later on, just my opinion
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
freddy.cunningham on 1/29/2017(UTC)