logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
freddy.cunningham  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2017 7:18:08 AM(UTC)
freddy.cunningham

Groups: Registered

Is there a way in vMix where you can update the code in the XAML file and the changes made would take effect in vMix. For example, say I had a box which I have coded and I want to add a second box by adding code to the XAML file. How would I go about doing this?
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2017 7:47:07 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi Freddy

It's possible using Expression Blend from Visual Studio suite for making your xaml files.

But I already do that only with Title Editor and vMixUTC ( http://forums.vmix.com/d....aspx?g=posts&t=6468 ) which allows to control independently all elements in XAML files.

For example you create your xaml with 2 boxes and then in vMixUTC you create buttons that will show or hide these boxes.

Hope this helps.
Guillaume
freddy.cunningham  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2017 8:23:20 AM(UTC)
freddy.cunningham

I already create my XAML files in MS Expression Blend however i want to be able to make objects and text appear whilst the title overlay is active on an overlay channel.
DWAM  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2017 8:55:15 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Quote:
I do that with vMixUTC which allows to control independently all elements in XAML files.
doggy  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2017 9:22:00 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
If I understand correctly OP wants not just individual data to change but also the "boxes" they appear in

Changing data is build in in various ways from right clicking the title and editing the content to using shortcuts to datasources and 3rd party like vMixUTC etc

Visualization of the particular "boxes" and animations for that matter can not be done by changing the xaml code but one can prepare them in the source by building in triggers that show these " boxes" based on data value for example here in lower right corner where on box (yellow) disappears and another (grey) slides in
DWAM  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2017 9:26:19 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Yes Doggy, this is exactly what I'm talking about

Quote:

For example you create your xaml with 2 boxes and then in vMixUTC you create buttons that will show or hide these boxes.

Yes it can be done also using vMix shortcuts, not only with vMixUTC
IceStream  
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2017 10:18:10 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
If I understand everyone correctly, the point is the XAML title needs to be originally designed with extra title fields in place. I don't think it's possible to add design elements "On the Fly" so to speak.

Ice
DWAM  
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2017 10:33:05 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Yes Gregory

You design your xaml with all text fields AND also images and then you can hide or show any element on demand.

With vMixUTC (my favorite method) you can do this by using SetText and SetImage commands where an empty value will make the element(s) disappear and obviously make them appear when you fill the values.

Also it's possible to use the Zindex feature in your xaml to overlay multiple elements at the same position (so you can have an image that comes over another one when you decide)

In this video
, you can see how I use this to have a sponsor logo coming over my scorebug for 2 sec and then disappears and also later when I press the Goal score button, it displays a GOAL image over the score. All this in a single xaml title.
freddy.cunningham  
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2017 11:22:13 AM(UTC)
freddy.cunningham

Say I was to use vMixUTC could I trigger title elements through this software from a serial port data stream coming from a swimming timing system if I wrote a program do do so.
DWAM  
#10 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2017 11:47:29 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

I'm not sure, you'd better ask Elgarf who designed this program.

vMixUTC allows to use external data like datasources. I guess if you compile a dll for your application maybe you can interface with any type of source. But check with Elgarf...

I've just uploaded a new demo video for my current work in progress with vMixUTC. It shows better many options for the use of a single XAML file, like I said before activating/deactivating elements, using Zindex and adding "boxes" with data next to each other.

here it is :

I didn't use Blend for this, only a mix of UTC data sources and functions with vMix features (transitions, other datasources...) and Title Designer for generating my XAML.

I think vMix UTC is an powerful and promising tool for managing complex titles from a second PC with an operator. If you want to operate everything on a single machine, maybe you should consider another option (or vMixUTC in a separate monitor)

My 2 cts
Guillaume
thanks 1 user thanked DWAM for this useful post.
freddy.cunningham on 1/29/2017(UTC)
freddy.cunningham  
#11 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2017 12:29:46 PM(UTC)
freddy.cunningham

What this about Zindex im a bit confused help would be very muh appreciated.
DWAM  
#12 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2017 12:38:07 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

In Title Designer you find Zindex at bottom right of parameters.
It allows to define what is in front or behind when many elements are at the same position.

If image is Zindex=0 and text Zindex=1 you see them both
If image is Zindex=1 and text Zindex=0 you don't see the text
Background is usually Zindex=-1
freddy.cunningham  
#13 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2017 12:42:23 PM(UTC)
freddy.cunningham

What im wanting to do is have 6 boxes in a row one on top of the other and for them to individually come and go using triggers from an external data source.
DWAM  
#14 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2017 1:04:41 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

If you want smooth animation to do this, I guess Doggy is more able to help as I think Blend is required. I can't use blend right now.

If animation is not required, I guess you can prepare your XAML so that it contains the final step of your presentation with all images and all text fields.

Then using vMixUTC:
- you create your datasource and map the fields
- you create a button to set all values to blank for a start
- then 2 options :

- 1 . you create a button with SetImage and SetText commands with a timer command in between rows
> image1 + text1
> command timer 2 sec
> image2 + text2
> command timer 2sec
etc...

- 2 . or you create 6 buttons. The first button pushed reveals 1st swimmer, the 2nd one swimmer #2, etc...

These are just leads... It's difficult to answer with no example of what you have in mind.

If you want to test you can already use XML datasources, there are many available on the web. I first used http://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_examples.asp before doing my own...
freddy.cunningham  
#15 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2017 1:26:15 PM(UTC)
freddy.cunningham

I've already made some blend animations but can I overlay 6 xaml titles through vMixUTC so say all 6 swimmers were to touch roughly the same time could they all have their individually triggered overlay which would then disappear after a certain amount of time.
DWAM  
#16 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2017 1:46:33 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

There are only 4 individual overlays in vMix (unless you use multiview input) and I guess you'll also need to overlay other elements like logos or else... So 6 different xaml at the same time is a real challenge...

It's difficult to say what you can do... I usually design things according to the possibilities of the tools I use, not the contrary...

I guess you should try vMixUTC to see how that works so that you can design your xaml in order to make it work
freddy.cunningham  
#17 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2017 1:58:27 PM(UTC)
freddy.cunningham

See that was my original issue i didn't have enough overlays and i wanted a way to be able to layer multiple individual xaml titles. The best way i have found so far is dynamically updating image files which is what sportzcast uses in their software.
DWAM  
#18 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2017 2:02:47 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Quote:
The best way i have found so far is dynamically updating image files

This is exactly what I suggested you can do with a single xaml using a single overlay
freddy.cunningham  
#19 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2017 2:06:59 PM(UTC)
freddy.cunningham

Yes but it still does lack functionality such as animations and to build a program which would suit my needs would be complex but do able.
DWAM  
#20 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2017 2:15:26 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Animations in xaml have to be created in Blend

I see that sportzcast also uses Dynamic .XML files for data ingestion over IP. Maybe you can use this instead of a serial interface