logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
h2video.nl  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2016 4:46:30 PM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
today I made a revording of a presentation using powerpoint on a laptop and recording with vmix 18 last update on my recording laptop.

at some ponts the desktop capture did not refresh and the screen had to be ' activated' p.e. by moving the cursor to refresh / recapture the screen

I presume the desktop capture does not see the change in the screen.

I can set the maximum framerate, but would welcome a minimum framerate capture as well, so the screen is recaptured regardless any change. This will prevent any hangups...

greetings stefan
admin  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2016 8:12:18 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
You can prevent this behaviour by going to Settings in vMix Desktop Capture
and turn off use GPU acceleration.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
h2video.nl  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 24, 2016 4:20:47 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Man

i did just that, and performace improves. but still the capture may hang inbetween a transition and after 5 seconds or so the capture is refreshed.

could the refresh rate be set to a minimum, lets say 1 per second or up to 5 frames/recaptures per second. I want to capture the exact transition as being used by the presenter. sometimes the changes are minimal, but essential. sometimes the transition is long p.e. a one second blend / fade transition.

this is where the capture stops and it hangs in between the fade.

also: is the hardware accelleration option hot or cold. meaning: can i change it when i already have the capture in vmix (hot) or do i have to re-capture the input to make it work (cold).

stefan
h2video.nl  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 24, 2016 4:36:17 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Man

addition, Martin,

just fiund out i have to run the desktopcapture with administrative priveliges in order to change the framerate max and disable the hardware acceleration.

the previous changes did not get into effect.

now doing this I can see some improvements but still there is a lag in a fade transition, especially when fading to a white blanc background.

is there a way to fix the desktop capture settings to my standard settings, so I have to change it once or is this only a session change. Can I then copy this vmix desktop capture programm with set settings to another computer / laptsop?

I frequently work on an other persons laptop to record a presentation and I don't have administrative priviliges. sometimes I can not install anything and have to run vmic desktop capture from the usb stick if The laptop settings alow....

stefan
admin  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 24, 2016 5:56:59 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
With GPU acceleration disabled, vMix Desktop Capture will capture at the maximum frame rate at all times.
Even so the FPS counter will only show those frames that have changed, it does this check by comparing pixel by pixel so it is guaranteed to not miss a frame.
(Whereas with GPU acceleration it is relying on the graphics card to tell it when frames change and with some older systems this isn't consistent)

So the problem may be network bandwidth related, try it in Low Bandwidth mode to see if it is smoother.