logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Len56  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2016 10:29:22 AM(UTC)
Len56

Groups: Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Hi Jeff,

Glad to help, I will look forward to watching your next video,

By the way here is the email address I contacted Amcrest on below.

Amcrest Sales: sales@amcrest.com

John A. Ballah Ext: 9032
Support Analyst (Tier 2)
madness  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2016 10:57:34 AM(UTC)
madness

Man

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Ok, Thanks.
I already sent support@amcrest.com an email. I'm waiting to hear back from them.
madness  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2016 9:31:36 PM(UTC)
madness

Man

Here is a video output demo of the device as promised. It was connected via WIFI, and the router it was connected to was approx 20 feet away, behind a wall.

Brightness adjustment is totally automatic, and Zoom is too snappy IMO, but it will get the job done. Full zoom in is also very pixelated.

Finally, this camera was mounted for this video to capture my photogenic friend in the front yard. When the camera rotated into the room, it was all the way down, as it was for my friends photo shoot. It basically aligns parallel to the line of sight. It will not drop below that parallel. The camera needs to be mounted upside down to capture anything below it. Settings do allow for both Mirror and flip from 0,90, 180, and 270 degrees.
madness  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2016 10:34:22 PM(UTC)
madness

Man

An image with infra-red and another with my phone camera showing how dark it was.
madness attached the following image(s):
IR.png (493kb) downloaded 8 time(s).
Night.jpg (75kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Len56  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2016 9:41:25 AM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

madness wrote:
Here is a video output demo of the device as promised. It was connected via WIFI, and the router it was connected to was approx 20 feet away, behind a wall.

Brightness adjustment is totally automatic, and Zoom is too snappy IMO, but it will get the job done. Full zoom in is also very pixelated.

Finally, this camera was mounted for this video to capture my photogenic friend in the front yard. When the camera rotated into the room, it was all the way down, as it was for my friends photo shoot. It basically aligns parallel to the line of sight. It will not drop below that parallel. The camera needs to be mounted upside down to capture anything below it. Settings do allow for both Mirror and flip from 0,90, 180, and 270 degrees.

Hi Jeff ,
The video quality is very good in daylight and night, so I am going to get one.

I am moving house this weekend to a new house and it is a bit secluded so this camera will come in very handy.

Thanks for the info.
madness  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2016 1:19:27 PM(UTC)
madness

Man

Glad you like it! I just wish it worked as desired in vMix.

Still haven't heard back from Amcrest support on my ticket.
Len56  
#27 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2016 9:20:16 AM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Sorry Jeff I should have said Amcrest do take a couple of days to get back to you.

Have you tried emailing Martin why your camera doesn't work in vMix, I am surprised he hasn't posted on this here.
madness  
#28 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2016 1:29:51 PM(UTC)
madness

Man

Len56 wrote:
Sorry Jeff I should have said Amcrest do take a couple of days to get back to you.

Have you tried emailing Martin why your camera doesn't work in vMix, I am surprised he hasn't posted on this here.

Yeah, I still haven't received a response. No worries though, it's not urgent.

As Martin doesn't actually have one, he may not know the answer.

Per your query of Amcrest by John, I expect with the answer given, that they have actually tried it and succeeded. ;)

If that is truly the case, then they should be able to direct me properly.
madness  
#29 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2016 8:26:33 PM(UTC)
madness

Man

Holly Hell!
I got it!

The Audio error was the ticket. It was hanging up trying to decode the 8k AAC stream. I disabled the audio, and the video stream came to life!

I could swear Martin commented on the forums that the audio needed to be AAC, and Video H264.
The only other audio options I have are G.711a, and G.711Mu.

I tried AAC 16k also, and it locked it up again.

For what I want this camera for, I can live without the vMix audio. I'll leave it on the substream for my other uses.

Best part is I can save a configuration for home, and for event use, and quickly import between them.

It's currently in my Kitchen about 30 feet from the router, and best it can do is 720p video from there. It does have a couple wall barriers though as well.
madness  
#30 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2016 8:50:52 PM(UTC)
madness

Man

http://forums.vmix.com/d...ts&m=11229#post11229

I knew I'd seen this!
Not sure why it's causing me such an issue using AAC from the Amcrest device though. vMix simply doesn't like the Amcrest AAC audio output.

Also noticing a large lag in the video stream. I can hear my wife speaking in the Kitchen, and the video shows her lip sync about 5-8 seconds out.

That said, for my events, I may hang it upside down on a tripod to give it some height, and flip the display 180 to give me better low side coverage, and put it on wired Ethernet for best throughput and stability. There will most likely be plenty of other wireless interference in the rooms I use anyway.
madness  
#31 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2016 10:35:53 PM(UTC)
madness

Man

Determine where some of my lag was.
In vMix, while importing the input, I had been setting the buffer over 3000ms because of the issues I had with the audio hanging the stream. I have reduced the buffer to "0", and this has improved things greatly, however, there is still approximately 400-500ms delay compared to my other webcams.

It would be nice if this was also NDI supported. ;)
Len56  
#32 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2016 8:24:20 AM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Hi Jeff,

Im glad you got it working in vMix, well done.

Regarding the camera lag via wireless, I think you would always have a problem using wifi I have a gopro and when using it with my ipad there is lag so I use an HDMI cable in to vMix.

For you to get no lag from your camera you would have to use a wireless system like the Teradek systems they have transmitters and receivers but they are very expensive. If you have never here'd of this company take a look at this link below.

http://teradek.com/

madness  
#33 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2016 9:17:36 AM(UTC)
madness

Man

Sorry Len, I forgot to mention in my last post that that exercise was wired. That's how I determined it was largely a buffer setting that was my 3+seconds in lag. Wired and wireless were nearly identical in lag. I'm afraid it is vMix where some of the lag is introduced. even my video resolution is related to vMix, as I can have the Amcrest software running side by side at 1080p, and vMix just can't seem to handle it. I have to drop res to 720 for vMix to provide smooth clear display, and it's still a few milliseconds slower than the Amcrest software stream.

Perhaps I can do a video showing this as well for better clarity.

I managed to modify my Amcrest mount to hang the device upside down on a tripod for better low view articulation. I have an old photography lighting stand that I can elevate the camera to a height of about 8 feet. I'll be plugging in a 50 Ethernet cable, and will need to integrate a power extension for the camera. I'd love it if this could do power over Ethernet directly.
Len56  
#34 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2016 12:10:04 PM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Hi Jeff,

Do you need to have the Amcrest software open I'm wondering if that could be causing some kind of conflict with vMix.

Yes that would be helpful if you did an in depth video.

The only problem I can see with power over Ethernet cable is the power draw from your PC just external USB devices do unless you have a high powered power supply in your PC to cope with it.

What motherboard and how much RAM do you have in your PC?

Edit: and what windows system are you using?
madness  
#35 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2016 7:41:13 PM(UTC)
madness

Man

Doesn't matter if it's open or not. It still has a noticeable lag.

As for power over Ethernet,

I'd be happy to tap the power into the cable, and out at the other end so it's still a single cable. I don't think there is any extra wires in the cable, and really don't want to screw with it to find out.

I have an old ASUS P6T deluxe V2 motherboard from 2008 with a Xeon x5680 Hex core running 3.3GHz and 18GB ram, with OS on a 256GB SSD. This is running the latest version of Windows 10.
The Xeon processor I picked up last fall to replace my aging i7-920 quad core processor running 2.66 GHz for $150 off ebay, and it's nearly double the performance of the old processor configuration. As long as Windows 10 doesn't screw with my system, it runs quite well with vMix at 1080p.

My last D.A.R.E. Graduation event, I was running this setup and was recording with 4 webcams, and a total of 32 inputs, outputting 720p to 3 overhead projection screens and 2 monitors, and I was running around 50-60% CPU usage.
madness  
#36 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2016 10:45:46 PM(UTC)
madness

Man

By no means is this going to be considered comprehensive. ;)

Using the light in my front yard, I captured the same stream in a browser, then desktop capture into vMix (faster), and then created a direct input of that same stream in vMix (slower).

The light shows pretty well how much lag there is between the 2 inputs, even though they are basically the same stream.

madness  
#37 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 9:43:39 PM(UTC)
madness

Man

I don't think I mentioned this in this conversation, but I find I can reduce the lag of this camera by first importing as an RTSP stream input, and then going into NDI, and importing it again via NDI. Not sure why, but it cuts the lag using the NDI version of the original stream to less than 1/4 second.
boris9831  
#38 Posted : Wednesday, April 26, 2017 12:29:09 PM(UTC)
boris9831

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I have 3 Amcrest cameras 2 of which are the PTZ cameras (being discussed) and one a fixed version. I have no trouble setting these up under vMix using RTSP. The audio is fine. I am listening to the birds chirping as I am writing this. They will skip frames now and then but I think that is my network (as mentioned below). For less than $100 per PTZ cameras I think I am happy - and I can use the Android app to control the PTZ. I bought these for security but they have also helped me understand and trouble shoot RTSP issues.

I mention this because I just finished setting up vMix in a Church with 4 FLIR PTZ IP cameras using RTSP. These cameras would skip frames, lock up, pixelate etc. After trying everything I could to get them working with the current configuration I decided they needed to be set up on their own LAN. One of the camera runs was over 300 feet and the others were not less than 150 feet and who knows what electrical interference there was. I placed a POE switch in the mix and ran a single CAT6 to the router in the control room (which also has an internet feed for streaming). Once I put the new network in they starting working great. It turns out that to get them to work even better I needed to turn off the Network Video Recorder during the vMix session. Every once in a while these cameras will skip a frame or two - I have to remember that they are really intended as security cameras (30 fps) and not streaming PTZ cameras like the PTZoptics brand which are about $1000 each more. By the way if these security cameras had not already been installed I would have proposed a PTZoptics solution and ran RG6 coax cable to a 4 port Magewell SDI capture card.

Hope this helps.
thanks 1 user thanked boris9831 for this useful post.
madness on 4/26/2017(UTC)