logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
madness  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2016 10:52:27 PM(UTC)
madness

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I received a new Amcrest IP2M-841B PT IP camera today from Amazon, and have been playing with it trying to get it to work with vMix.
https://amcrest.com/amcr...curity-ip-camera-pt.html

User Manual: https://s3.amazonaws.com...IP2M-841_User_Manual.pdf

I have been able to stream it with VLC using the following...

rtsp://username:password@IP.address

however, I cannot get vMix to recognize the same URL.
I get a 404 not found vMix error when I add the new input.

I know I'm doing something wrong.
A little guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks for your assistance.
Len56  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2016 9:07:29 AM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Hi Madness,

I was looking at buying this camera so I emailed amcrest sales department on Monday and asked them if it will work with vMix and NDI, I got an email back saying Your request (54505) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff. As of now I still have not got any answer back from them.

There are some videos on youtube showing how to set it up but not with vmix.

Please let us know if you get the camera working in vmix.

Len.
madness  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2016 2:45:56 PM(UTC)
madness

Man

As soon as I know, I'll relay it back here Len.

Jeff
madness  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2016 10:04:24 PM(UTC)
madness

Man

Alright, I don't get it.
I went to the Help File and
determined I needed to enter the URL in the following format: rtsp://0.0.0.0/stream1.

My Amcrest URL should be rtsp://192.168.1.152/stream1 according to that help info.
This is close to the same info found here... https://vimeo.com/151431297 from PTZOptics.

When I try to accept the input, I get a vMix error, 401 Unauthorized.
If I add my username and password as formatted in other RTSP instructions, I get a 404 Not Found error.

I have the camera set to output h.264, with audio disabled.
I have tried other adjustments like adding port info, again with no luck.

May I get some assistance here?

Len56  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 23, 2016 1:38:58 AM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Hi Jeff,

First off what version of vMix do you have? as I just went into vmix and added a input I clicked on the cog icon then went to PTZ and I noticed it says (Pan Tilt Zoom) camera control is available in the 4K and Pro editions of vMix, well that is a problem for me as I only have the HD version of vMix so I wouldn't be able to control the Pan Tilt and Zoom of the Amcrest camera.

Second I took a look at the vmix help file and noticed at the bottom of the page about Network Formats
have you tried the other two formats besides RTSP.
RTP (UDP and TCP)
TS (UDP, TCP and TCP Pull)

Thirdly have you set up your firewall to receive the stream.

Firewall
UDP ports 35000 to 35500 will need to be open on your Firewall in order to receive streams in vMix.

Fourthly are you trying to connect over WiFi or ethernet?

Also here is a link to a youtube video that may help:

And have you updated the camera to the latest firmware?

And take a look at this Amcrest Video on setting up the camera:

Len.
madness  
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 23, 2016 2:46:28 PM(UTC)
madness

Man

Hi Len!

1. The very latest 17.0.0.76. I don't expect to get PTZ control, as I also do not have the Pro or 4k version. Just looking to get the feed into vMix. I was able to get a test RTSP stream working from the internet, so my HD should also be able to accept the RTSP from the camera.

2. I've tried several settings including RTP and TS.

3. I just purchased a new ASUS 1750AC router last night, and was working on setting it up. I have not found how to configure the firewall ports yet. It has me confused.

4. I've tried both.
mjgraves  
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 23, 2016 6:20:43 PM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
Len56 wrote:
I was looking at buying this camera so I emailed amcrest sales department on Monday and asked them if it will work with vMix and NDI, I got an email back saying Your request (54505) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.

Len,

NDI is so new that I would not expect many smaller manufacturers to be on that bandwagon yet. CRS is certainly the first with the PTZ Optics cameras. Even then its only in the Gen 3 (or is it Gen 2?) cameras that were just released in February. Happy coincidence that they product development/launch timing fell into place.

I mentioned NDI to a contact at AVER Information earlier this week. He's going to contact Martin about it. Their VC520 camera is a very nice, affordable USB PTZ camera with VISCA control. He tells me that they are closing on a new product specification that might be a candidate for NDI capability.

Michael

Len56  
#8 Posted : Sunday, April 24, 2016 12:36:02 PM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

mjgraves,

Thanks for your input with the Aver VC520 camera, I did take a look at this camera I don't know how much this camera is in the US but on Amazon here in the UK its £935.00 pounds, the only problem with this camera is its USB 2 and there would be latency problems between audio and video. For what the VC520 is it is quite expensive I could more or less do the same thing with a web cam for about £90.

Jeff,

I have had an email back from Amcrest tech support, it's not good news I'm afraid, this is what they said.

My name is Jono and I would be more than happy to further assist you with your question. Sadly I would not know if our camera would work with the vMix program. This is something that we have not tested with our product. So this it would be hard to say yes it would work or no it would not work. I just don't want to say yes and then when you purchase it. It would be something else. My best recommendation would be to buy the POE or WiFi camera of your choice to see I the camera is compatible with the program.

Now I do not be leave that with the Network Device Interface, This may be implemented in the future with a firmware upgrade. As far as the time frame. That information that I wouldn't have.

Now as far as the fish eye look. That's something that we cannot get rid of. That's the way the camera is designed with how wide the viewing angle of the camera is. My apologies

Len.
GeorgeR  
#9 Posted : Sunday, April 24, 2016 3:30:04 PM(UTC)
GeorgeR

Man

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Greetings vMixers,

I have a very similar WiFi ip camera. Found it to be a complete waste of my time (and money) as far as using it with vMix.

~George
mjgraves  
#10 Posted : Sunday, April 24, 2016 6:37:04 PM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
Len56 wrote:
For what the VC520 is it is quite expensive I could more or less do the same thing with a web cam for about £90.

I don't think so. I have many webcams. The VC520 is beyond those. Perhaps you simply don't need a real PTZ camera with a proper glass zoom lens and VISCA remote control? It's capable of 1080p using MJPEG with no more latency than any other USB camera. There's no latency issue with MJPEG over USB 2.0.

I've put the VC520 into H264 mode and find that it then suffers 1-2 seconds of latency. That's the cost of that compression scheme. There's just no reason to use H264 with vMix.

Any camera that delivers an H264 stream over RTMP is going to suffer such latency simply because it's using a compression scheme that leverages inter-frame compression. If you can get it to send MJPEG then you'll be much better off.

Michael
GeorgeR  
#11 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2016 12:32:15 AM(UTC)
GeorgeR

Man

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Greetings,
I did a YouTube video showing the results I got with my WiFi ip camera which were not good. Also talked about a very reasonable $400.00 PTZ camera I came across. If you'd like to have a look here's the link https://youtu.be/d9v0PFisQfs.
~George
madness  
#12 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2016 8:37:14 PM(UTC)
madness

Man

Len, Thanks for the info.

As well as this camera works with VLC, and the Amcrest Surveillance software, I would find it hard to believe that it shouldn't work with vMix just as well. I suspect it's just a matter of getting the right URL string to make it work, but I don't seem to be getting that information.

As it does work with VLC without any port changes I can't imagine that it would need any router changes to get the same signal to the same computer to input for vMix.

George,
I just watched your video, and thanks for your input, but until I experience it myself, I currently don't believe it a waste of my time. If I can't ever get it connected, I may change my mind, but I'm not about to give up as yet.
Len56  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2016 9:30:09 AM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Hi Jeff,

The only other thing I can think of is to write an email to Martin he may have some ideas as to get the camera into vMix.

I hope you do get it soughted if you do let me know.

Len.

Edit: I have just had a thought you said you can get the camera into VLC, well in that case send your camera to VLC then input VLC into vMix and see how that works.
madness  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2016 1:13:44 PM(UTC)
madness

Man

Thanks Len, I could try that. The issue in the end would be the additional latency it would add to the resulting output.
Still worth the try.

I haven't done a VLC input to vMix as yet though, so this will be a new experience for me to attempt.
madness  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2016 2:32:30 PM(UTC)
madness

Man

Looks to be an alder discussion of the same issue, so I will follow it through...
http://forums.vmix.com/d...aspx?g=posts&m=15815

And then Tom Sinclair also provides some help here...
http://forums.vmix.com/d...ts&m=14472#post14472
madness  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2016 11:52:48 AM(UTC)
madness

Man

Managed to make a little progress last night using Toms info...

vMix accepted the following URL with the proper password....

rtsp://admin:password@192.168.2.3:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&proto=Onvif

however, the input ended up being a blank alpha transparency of 32x32 resolution, ending up in a black screen output.

So, back to researching black inputs.

I have not yet tried re-streaming from VLC to vMix. That is kind of my last resort due to the additional latency it would add to the video.
madness  
#17 Posted : Sunday, June 5, 2016 11:17:20 AM(UTC)
madness

Man

Got back to this today after doing yet another clean install of Windows 10 :(
Managed to connect to the wired camera about every 30 seconds, for about 15 seconds each time. Not sure what the issue is, but that is a huge latency problem. I was getting Audio error in input preview as well. It would clear in the moment it updated the image, but would then immediately return.
madness  
#18 Posted : Monday, June 6, 2016 2:59:35 PM(UTC)
madness

Man

Here's my current status with this camera if anyone can suggest anything for improvement of the vMix input performance...

Len56  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2016 8:40:38 AM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Hi Jeff,

I'm glad you have managed to get the camera working in vMix the quality looks very good.

Two questions:
Have you tried using the camera indoors yet under lighting conditions i.e. for a talking head like GeorgeR has done?

And can you turn off the time code and date?

And I did get an email back from Amcrest saying the camera will work with vMix, see below.

John B. (Amcrest)
Good Afternoon Len,

Yes, The ProHD 1080P Wifi camera will work with Vmix. You will be able to utilize the camera through that software even on the current firmware version of the camera.
Thank you & have a great day.
Kind Regards,
John A. Ballah Ext: 9032
Support Analyst (Tier 2)
madness  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2016 8:53:21 AM(UTC)
madness

Man

Hi Len,
Yes, I have tried the camera indoors, and it works well.
I'll try to post another video of the camera adjusting to the lighting conditions tonight. The area shown is actually quite well shaded.

You will be able to see the results of the sharp movement as well as how it adjusts for different lighting conditions.

As for the time and date, Yes, it is removable in the settings. I left it shown so you could see the image wasn't getting updated.

Perhaps I will communicate with Amcrest, and see if they can assist me in getting it to work with vMix then. Thanks for the update.