logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages«<5678>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jens  
#121 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2016 5:59:56 AM(UTC)
jens

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
admin wrote:
jens wrote:
Hi everybody,

regarding Audio, new Channel Mixer (waited long time, thanks Martin!):
Running a Decklink Quad 2, can only get video&audio if I select "Decklink Quad (1)" from camera input drop down menu. It then defaults the audio source - which leads to only the first 2 channels.
If I select "Decklink Video Capture (1)", I can choose "Decklink Audio Capture (1)" for the audio and how many audio channels I want (1,2,4,8,16). But I get no audio at all.

Do I miss something?

Cheers

Jens

Camera sources in vMix still only support 2 channel audio, including decklink, so you won't see more than 2 in the channel mixer.
For 17, the channel mixer was built for NDI sources that can have 16 channels of audio. It will eventually make its way to the camera inputs
but we decided it would be best not to mess with the audio there too much in this release.

Hi Martin,

got you. Sadly anyway. We have a lot do do with 4 or 8 Channel Embedded Audio from which we need to use other channels than just 1+2.
The way it works would be fantastic, as it stays simple for the operator. So maybe you´ll find a way to get this in an update of version 17 later...

Jens
richardgatarski  
#122 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2016 10:24:23 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
I am very happy that the final release of v17 is so close :)
(And hope to perform a really cool test with NDI soon, tell you more about that as soon as I can).

But first two "oldies".

First, I have previously pointed out that there is a strange behaviour in how vMix stores Titles in the Preset. If a preset with Titles is saved, any alterations in the xaml file is not performed until that Title is either Changed (by clicking the Input's coq wheel and then OK) or closed and added again. Perhaps it is difficult to monitor changes in the xaml file (as is the case for Images), but in my humble opinion if a Preset is loaded the Titles should be loaded from the xaml file content, not what might be in the vMix preset file. Except of course for the Title Inputs Preset fields (eg Headline, Description, etc).

Second, while testing out v17 I have again frequently been puzzled by seemingly impossible errors (eg an Input is offline). Until I realize that the cause is I am running two instances of vMix. Please enlight me, are there any use cases where the possibility to run multiple instances of vMix is useful? If not I suggest that vMix inhibit this, or at least warns if a second instance is started.

Thanks.

Thremir  
#123 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2016 1:00:49 PM(UTC)
Thremir

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Has anybody come up with a good way of using vMix as external CG for Blackmagic switchers (key/fill) with 17?

Like sending ARGB to CasparCG if that's possible in any way, making it split it?

Only suggestion myself would be having vMix at a dedicated output/encoder pc, combining Blackmagic output with NDI channel from vMix
admin  
#124 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2016 1:22:49 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4132 time(s) in 1486 post(s)
richardgatarski wrote:

First, I have previously pointed out that there is a strange behaviour in how vMix stores Titles in the Preset.

Any changes to the XAML are saved in the preset to avoid overwriting the original file.
Overwriting the original file is problematic from a reliability standpoint but I am open to ideas on how to deal with this dilemma.

richardgatarski wrote:

Please enlight me, are there any use cases where the possibility to run multiple instances of vMix is useful? If not I suggest that vMix inhibit this, or at least warns if a second instance is started.

If others agree, I think I can get a warning added before release.
stevespaw  
#125 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2016 2:59:46 PM(UTC)
stevespaw

Man

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Hi Martin, A warning at least would be good, I have had many calls when this happens.

Thanks,
Steve
stevespaw  
#126 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2016 4:10:01 PM(UTC)
stevespaw

Man

BIG BUG !!
Select NDI sources as Replay. Looks good in the live monitor, but the playbacks are black or distorted with horizontal trash lines in it.

This is one the best ways we were going to use NDI, and buy more copies of vMix. :-)

Steve
admin  
#127 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2016 4:51:28 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

stevespaw wrote:
BIG BUG !!
Select NDI sources as Replay. Looks good in the live monitor, but the playbacks are black or distorted with horizontal trash lines in it.

This is one the best ways we were going to use NDI, and buy more copies of vMix. :-)

Steve

Hi Steve,

I am not seeing this in testing, what type of NDI source is it? Resolution, frame rate and what program is generating the signal?

Regards,

Martin
vMix
kgoodyer  
#128 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2016 5:50:14 PM(UTC)
kgoodyer

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 27 post(s)
This isn't going to be a very helpfull post.

I have a VIX pro system that has been running without issue 24x7 for 6 months. The only down time was for routine maintenance, and planned upgrades. In short SOLID AS A ROCK, and an absolute testament to Studio Coast's excellence. Last night I upgraded to VMIX17.0.0.72 (Set it up in new folder so could roll back to V16 if any issues). Upgraded Desktop Capture to V17 (NDI version) on outboard PC's, and enabled NDI output of all 8 Decklink (Dual Quads) Input channels - No receivers enabled no the network so minimum CPU usage (1280 x 720 @ 50p) getting 50fps, CPU 11%. Approximately 6 hours later VMIX locked up (not responding), no obvious errors displayed, or in the log files (VMIX or Windows). PC itself was responding, sso shutdow, and broght back up as a V16 machine for todays live broadcasts.

I have a second system using 1 x Decklink Quad, and receiving NDI output from Caspar CG (with alpha), which has been running V17 without failure (apart from known bugs), since first Beta Release.

Oh if you want to install Desktop Capture V17 on a PC without installing the whole of VMIX you will need to download and install Visual C++ Re distributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 - available HERE directly from Microsoft, if you don't already have it installed. (Martin maybe worth putting this on your NDI help page).

Will Try the same again tonight, and will report back - Sorry I couldn't provide any further information, and hoping this is just one of those random cosmic events, especially has this system has been used for active live production for a minimum of 16 hours each and every days since last November, without a single crash, lockup, or major issue.

All The Best

Keith
stevespaw  
#129 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2016 8:43:48 PM(UTC)
stevespaw

Man

admin wrote:
stevespaw wrote:
BIG BUG !!

Steve

Hi Steve,

I am not seeing this in testing, what type of NDI source is it? Resolution, frame rate and what program is generating the signal?

Regards,

Martin
vMix

One vMix to another, 2 inputs and one output feeding the other vMix running just the replay with those inputs. 1080i 59.94.

We have reproduced it on 3 different setups.

Steve
stevespaw  
#130 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2016 9:00:11 PM(UTC)
stevespaw

Man

Screenshot of my laptop I am on:

stevespaw attached the following image(s):
2016-04-06.png (784kb) downloaded 45 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
GeorgeR  
#131 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2016 6:14:00 AM(UTC)
GeorgeR

Man

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Greetings,
Anyone else encounter audio problems with version vMix BETA 17.0.0.67. Reinstalled the last version of vMix 16 just to verify. Audio fine in 16.

UPDATE: Not sure what happened. Had to go and reset my sound system for the right audio source.

Stumped in Indiana.

~George

UPDATE; I have not been able to duplicate the audio issue today.
doggy  
#132 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2016 8:36:41 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 913 time(s) in 752 post(s)
Desktopcapture.

if Newtektools testpattern works should the desktopcapture not work also ?
Was able to uses someones little laptop ( allowed to install the tools) and the testpattern tools works perfectly. Trying to run the desktopcapture I quickly and very short get the message that windows is looking for a solution of the failing to start/run.

Guy
admin  
#133 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2016 8:40:21 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

doggy wrote:
Desktopcapture.

if Newtektools testpattern works should the desktopcapture not work also ?
Was able to uses someones little laptop ( allowed to install the tools) and the testpattern tools works perfectly. Trying to run the desktopcapture I quickly and very short get the message that windows is looking for a solution of the failing to start/run.

Guy

Try installing desktop capture using the full vMix 17 installer so any missing dlls are correctly installed.
doggy  
#134 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2016 9:14:51 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

admin wrote:
Desktopcapture.

Try installing desktop capture using the full vMix 17 installer so any missing dlls are correctly installed.

Installed vMix on other laptop starting destopcap from vMix directory --> works. little problem: doesnt properly display chooses open windows ie displays window that is on top of it also.

did same on own old crappy one and capture is running but only blak screen probably due to lack of aero

is the goal that desktopcapture wil be able to work as previously without having to install vMix there? ( sticking usb stick in to capture pc )

Guy
admin  
#135 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2016 9:55:38 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

doggy wrote:
admin wrote:
Desktopcapture.

Installed vMix on other laptop starting destopcap from vMix directory --> works. little problem: doesnt properly display chooses open windows ie displays window that is on top of it also.

did same on own old crappy one and capture is running but only blak screen probably due to lack of aero

is the goal that desktopcapture wil be able to work as previously without having to install vMix there? ( sticking usb stick in to capture pc )

Guy

Overlapped windows will not capture with vMix Desktop Capture, if you want to capture a single window even if hidden then the NDI Scan Converter might be a better choice.
There are pros and cons to trying to capture "hidden windows". The approach we took is the same as the previous desktop capture releases.

NDI requires some Microsoft C++ DLLs to be installed in order to work on some systems. In most cases some other software that has been installed will already have these, so the capture zip will work on those systems but for older systems it will need to be installed.
doggy  
#136 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2016 10:11:43 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Quote:
NDI requires some Microsoft C++ DLLs to be installed in order to work on some systems

ok a little setback , but in case one would be allowed which .dll's woud need to be installed ? (dispite the NDItools working )

hope in some way the old deskstopcature will still be available (for none video capture)

ps desktopcapture only runs in previous situation when started from wihtin vmix directory not from other location like stick
Chap  
#137 Posted : Saturday, April 9, 2016 4:41:04 AM(UTC)
Chap

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
admin wrote:

richardgatarski wrote:

Please enlight me, are there any use cases where the possibility to run multiple instances of vMix is useful? If not I suggest that vMix inhibit this, or at least warns if a second instance is started.

Yes, pleas add a warning if vMix is already running.

Chap
richardgatarski  
#138 Posted : Saturday, April 9, 2016 4:41:11 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
admin wrote:
Any changes to the XAML are saved in the preset to avoid overwriting the original file.
Overwriting the original file is problematic from a reliability standpoint but I am open to ideas on how to deal with this dilemma.

I agree with that when producing live. But when opening a new preset I think that the configuration should come from the Title's xaml file, not what is stored in the preset.

admin wrote:

That would be great!
admin  
#139 Posted : Saturday, April 9, 2016 6:04:13 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

vMix 17.0.0.75 is now available

Please use the download link at the start of this thread.

Changes and Fixes

* Updated NDI with latest SDK
* Added Wowza Cloud as new streaming provider
* Added check to prevent multiple instances of vMix from running.
(A hidden setting in Settings -> Options can be ticked to enable multiple instances if needed)
* Fixed bug where flash input would not restart correctly when using SWF as overlays
* Fixed some bugs with Video Delay when used with NDI
* Fixed a video corruption bug when using interlaced NDI sources with vMix Replay

* Updated vMixDesktopCaptureNDI.zip download on NDI page to work on older systems without needing to install additional files.
http://www.vmix.com/ndi/

AlanZ  
#140 Posted : Saturday, April 9, 2016 11:32:18 AM(UTC)
AlanZ

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 37 post(s)
In vMix 16, a Basic HD license could bring in 3 cameras and a desktop capture (perhaps a skype window).
This is a configuration we have been recommending for a particular use case.
Is this still possible in vMix 17, or is the NDI desktop capture always counted as a camera input?
If the latter, could the license terms be reconsidered to allow one NDI stream in addition to the 3 cameras?

Thanks for a great product!