logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mavrick816  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2016 1:20:21 PM(UTC)
mavrick816

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hello,
I've been trying to configure the audio to my BM Mini Recorder with my USB Input Mixer (Behringer), but I don't have that option in Vmix to add the correct sound input. I'm able to add the audio in my Magewell 4 port SDI for each of the inputs but not on the BM. Is there a secret to this?

Process
Add Input > Camera > camera drop down > DeckLink Mini Recorder 1

Audio Input is greyed out at "Default"

And yes, I've tried the other BM Selections to my camera and the only one that works is the DeckLink Mini Recorder 1 selection.

The last snapshot shows my configuration for the Magewell port with the Audio.

mavrick816 attached the following image(s):
BM Card.png (64kb) downloaded 7 time(s).
Bm2.JPG (67kb) downloaded 8 time(s).
Mag.JPG (69kb) downloaded 11 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Cpilcher  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2016 1:38:09 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 47 post(s)
So you are bringing in the Video through the Magewell card and audio separately via an audio interface? Can you confirm the audio is able to be brought in to vMix with an Audio Input on its own? I was having almost the same issue with my Scarlett USB interface just the other day.
mavrick816  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2016 2:00:14 PM(UTC)
mavrick816

Yes, I was able to bring in the Audio Input by itself. It shows up as Microphone (USB Audio CODEC) from my Berhinger mixer. I can enable the sound manually when I switch to the BM Camera, but that would suck. I would rather do the switching with Audio and Sound together.

The Magewell card SDI Input is configured with the "Microphone (USB Audio CODEC)" as the incoming "Audio Device"

Cpilcher wrote:
So you are bringing in the Video through the Magewell card and audio separately via an audio interface? Can you confirm the audio is able to be brought in to vMix with an Audio Input on its own? I was having almost the same issue with my Scarlett USB interface just the other day.

Cpilcher  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2016 2:12:44 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Ok, I'm sure someone will be on here soon to help you out. I don't have a Mini Recorder to test and if the mixer audio is able to be selected independently I would assume it should be able to be selected as the audio source for the Mini Recorder feed...
ovinas  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2016 3:33:50 PM(UTC)
ovinas

Man

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 49 post(s)
With my Mini Recorders (PCI-E & Thunderbolt) I'm able to select "DeckLink Video Capture" and can select any audio device for this. Working perfectly.
mavrick816  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2016 4:17:12 PM(UTC)
mavrick816

I selected "DeckLink Mini Recorder 1", that works with video but not the correct audio. I tried "DeckLink Video Capture" and my video does not come up for any resolution or configuration, but I do have the audio selection

ovinas wrote:
With my Mini Recorders (PCI-E & Thunderbolt) I'm able to select "DeckLink Video Capture" and can select any audio device for this. Working perfectly.

IceStream  
#7 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2016 5:11:51 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ mavrick816

I'm not familiar with your hardware and its options and/or conflicts but if your audio and video inputs are separate but you want to 'play' them simultaneously I would set up that up with the "Triggers" feature, such that every time the camera is selected and deselected the Audio Input is turned on and off. Perhaps not the desired solution but will give the desired result.

Ice
mavrick816  
#8 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2016 6:34:30 PM(UTC)
mavrick816

Hey Ice, this is Mav.... LOL.

Ya so I laready created a trigger as a work around with duration of 999999, its a messy config, but it works. Does anyone know what the "Duration" is? is it in millisec or sec or mins? Would rather configure the direct video and audio source.

IceStream wrote:
@ mavrick816

I'm not familiar with your hardware and its options and/or conflicts but if your audio and video inputs are separate but you want to 'play' them simultaneously I would set up that up with the "Triggers" feature, such that every time the camera is selected and deselected the Audio Input is turned on and off. Perhaps not the desired solution but will give the desired result.

Ice

Cpilcher  
#9 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2016 8:07:56 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Duration is in milliseconds. 1000ms = 1 second
ask  
#10 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2016 9:46:37 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
This behaviour occurs only if you select the Ultrastudio Mini Recorder as the input source. If you choose the Decklink Video Capture you have the full range of Audio options to choose from.
mavrick816  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 12:47:47 AM(UTC)
mavrick816

When I choose the video capture option, I don't get any video feeds in any resolution configuration :(
ask wrote:
This behaviour occurs only if you select the Ultrastudio Mini Recorder as the input source. If you choose the Decklink Video Capture you have the full range of Audio options to choose from.

admin  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 4:53:02 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4166 time(s) in 1497 post(s)
Hi,

The audio dropdown list for Camera is only designed to be used with capture cards that provide audio separately, such as the Magewell.
This is why when selecting the Mini Recorder dropdown option, Default is only available as the audio is automatically handled from either HDMI, SDI or Analog.

Instead, to have a particular audio source automatically mixed alongside the video is quite easy:

1. Add the audio separately as an audio input
2. From the Input Settings of the camera add it under the MultiView tab in any of the 5 dropdown boxes.
3. From the Input Settings of the audio input make sure "automatically mix audio" is ticked.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
mavrick816  
#13 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2016 6:41:36 PM(UTC)
mavrick816

BINGO!! Thanks Martin! It worked!

But as a note, I used the BM Decklink Mini Recorder with "uhum another product :)" the Wirec*** App, I was able to bring in Video and Audio with the Declink. During a broadcast last September, I used an SDI input from a broadcast network feed that had both audio and video and it worked. Oh well, it works now with the BM card and if I need to feed both audio and video, I'll use the Magewell ports.

thanks again Martin!!

admin wrote:
Hi,

The audio dropdown list for Camera is only designed to be used with capture cards that provide audio separately, such as the Magewell.
This is why when selecting the Mini Recorder dropdown option, Default is only available as the audio is automatically handled from either HDMI, SDI or Analog.

Instead, to have a particular audio source automatically mixed alongside the video is quite easy:

1. Add the audio separately as an audio input
2. From the Input Settings of the camera add it under the MultiView tab in any of the 5 dropdown boxes.
3. From the Input Settings of the audio input make sure "automatically mix audio" is ticked.

Regards,

Martin
vMix