logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
richard.bessey  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2015 1:52:12 PM(UTC)
richard.bessey

Groups: Registered

All,
I have a situation where I was hopeful we can modify the audio output from vmix while recording a session. Here is what we have:
We have two rooms:
Room A is the coaches room, inside this room is the computer/workstation, a microphone, and a one way communication to room B to coach the people in room B.
In room B we have a microphone and a USB webcam. In this room we have two people, one of the people is wearing a headset listening to coaching from room A.
Using Vmix and the two microphones, we are capturing the video from room B, and the audio from room A and B.
Vmix works perfectly, the only problem is the coach in room A is requesting - "Can you turn this microphone off so I don't hear myself, the echo is very distracting"
The coach is wearing a set of headphones to listen to the audio from room B, but also hears the audio in room A.
I tinkered in vmix and found the mute button to mute the audio from room B but that mutes the audio from the recording as well, which we need to capture, so that won't work.
Is there a way to mute one audio input from monitoring but not mute it from the recording?
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2015 4:19:56 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ richard.bessey

Sounds like you'll need to do a "Mix-Minus" similar to a Skype call set-up.
Have a look through these threads to get a better understanding of how to do it:

http://forums.vmix.com/d...ts&m=11167#post11167
http://forums.vmix.com/d....aspx?g=posts&t=3879

Hope that helps some.

Ice