logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
h2video.nl  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 8, 2015 2:33:52 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
hi Martin,

i have put this issue forward sometime ago but it keeps comming up in my feature requests list during live production: the ability to show an overlay like a banner or ticker on the stream but not on the recording.

currently stream and recording are one and the same setting in the options for the overlays: so its one or the other: show and record or no show.

seperating these options by seperating the livestream / output from the recording would enable a clean recording of a live event that can be edited afterwards. I can not unedit an overly once its recorded.

Who else is running into this problem ? Is there a work around? last livestream I seperated mixing and recording vs streaming to provide a clean recording of an event. but this requires an extra vmix machine, etc etc. for simple streaming and recording ine vmix machine should suffice.

greetings
stefan
stevespaw  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 8, 2015 10:26:27 AM(UTC)
stevespaw

Man

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 57 post(s)
This is called a "Clean Feed" and we have a need for this also.

We also need this as an "external" output.

It is in my next list of features request. :-)
watchfulone  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2015 11:31:38 AM(UTC)
watchfulone

Man

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
h2video.nl wrote:
hi Martin,

i have put this issue forward sometime ago but it keeps comming up in my feature requests list during live production: the ability to show an overlay like a banner or ticker on the stream but not on the recording.

currently stream and recording are one and the same setting in the options for the overlays: so its one or the other: show and record or no show.

seperating these options by seperating the livestream / output from the recording would enable a clean recording of a live event that can be edited afterwards. I can not unedit an overly once its recorded.

Who else is running into this problem ? Is there a work around? last livestream I seperated mixing and recording vs streaming to provide a clean recording of an event. but this requires an extra vmix machine, etc etc. for simple streaming and recording ine vmix machine should suffice.

greetings
stefan

I second that, we really need something like that.
TVIason  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2015 6:25:46 PM(UTC)
TVIason

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hello Stefan,

Under settings >outputs >uncheking on wich overlay your live bug is.
UserPostedImage
Is this what you'd like to achieve? If you uncheck overlay 1 on recording for example your live bug isn't showed on the recording if it's pushed to air as overlay 1.

Greetings,
Iason
IceStream  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2015 7:18:05 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ TVIason

That works for those that have the option to stream from 'External 2'(vMix 4K and above), and perhaps not the answer that h2video.nl wants to hear as I think the original request is to differentiate the 'Recording' from 'External' for general use across all vMix editions. However, as noted, this is a higher end feature and requires an upgrade to vMix 4k or Pro to successfully accomplish, and I suspect not likely to be a granted request.

Ice