logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sa91899  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2015 4:31:08 PM(UTC)
sa91899

Groups: Registered

Hey guys,

Checking into VMIX to see if it is something we can use as our video mixing/streaming software of choice at our church.

I have tried a free version of Vidblaster and worked pretty good but to be honest we liked the Broadcaster version but can't afford $1900.00...

We moved on from Vidblaster and have now come to VMIX. It seems like a simple yet powerful piece of software. I hope we can get the bugs worked out in our 60 day trial period..

Here is the skinny of what I am seeing:

We have 2 Avermedia c027 cards. Each card has 2 inputs and can be used simultaneously.

When I add an input I can see Card 1 slot 1 & 2 as well as Card 2 slot 1 & 2. We have a camera plugged into Card 1 Slot 1 and a laptop plugged into Card 2 slot 1. The problem I have is that when I choose the card 1 slot 1, it loads the device but in the main VMIX screen it says "no signal" when I KNOW there IS signal.

I can go to the Avermedia capture software and choose the input selection I mentioned above I will see my camera video.

I have tried it with the Avermedia software open, with it closed... Different combinations and STILL no luck.

I am hoping that SOMEONE here in the forum is using VMIX with the Avermedia C027 cards and be able to tell me what config settings worked for them.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Steve
LAJDigital  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2015 3:36:09 AM(UTC)
LAJDigital

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have 2 c027s in my case along with the Konia 3g card i use.

the trick to inputs is to load the Avermedia software first. tell it what input your card is coming from so for a HDMI signal its "Device 1 HDMI" in evermedia program but its listed in vMix as "AVerMedia BDA Analog Capture Secondary" So it can get a little confusing. also is the camera inputting into the card as a HDMI, Composiste or composite?

The steps i normaly take are
1 - Hook up camera
2 - Open Avermedia software to check the input is fine. leave the program with the input that i can see.
3 - Load up vMix
4 - Load the camera, check to make sure its the same setting as the camera is sending out (auto is good but it sounds like your having issues)
5 - Check to make sure the Input is set to the correct input and other info

Also look at avermedia website to make sure your drivers are up to date.
thanks 1 user thanked LAJDigital for this useful post.
sa91899 on 7/7/2015(UTC)
Charssay  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2015 9:40:47 AM(UTC)
Charssay

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Slot 1 and 2 are HDMI Input of your card, right ?
This is a small issue I see on C027 and H727 from avermedia.

and to solve this, even you conenct the input on HDMi, keep your 1920 x 1080 resolution and choose in the Input, the Svideo. You will get the signal.
After that, close and set correctly the Input choosing HDMI.

C.
thanks 1 user thanked Charssay for this useful post.
sa91899 on 7/7/2015(UTC)
sa91899  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2015 3:17:19 PM(UTC)
sa91899

Thanks for the replies guys!

LAJDigital:

Our camera is SD 720 X 480 so the out from the camera (and input into the Card 1 is composite). I have opened up Avermedia mediacenter 3D and can see the signal coming into the software. It is on composite. I also have our presentation computer (which we use to project scripture and videos for the sanctuary) connected to card 2 and is coming in on Avermedia secondary 1 as S-Video. I also see that in the Avermedia Mediacenter 3D when I choose Avermedia secondary S-Video.

So my options are as follows:

Avermedia Capture:
Composite - Camera signal
Component - Not currently used
S-video - not currently used
HDMI - Not currently used

Avermedeia Capture Secondary:
Composite - Not currently used
Component - Not currently used
S-video - Presentation computer
HDMI - Not currently used

Now, in Vmix, when I choose to add a camera, I have these options:

In the first dropdown I can choose:
AVerMedia BDA Analog Capture
AVerMedia BDA Analog Capture
AVerMedia BDA Analog Capture Secondary
AVerMedia BDA Analog Capture Secondary.

In the second dropdown I can choose:
Composite
S-Video
Component
HDMI

So, for example if I want to load the camera, I would choose the following:

AVerMedia BDA Analog Capture (the first one), then in the second dropdown, composite and would expect to see camera, however I get the words "no signal"...

If I want to load the presentation pc, I would choose the following:

AVerMedia BDA Analog Capture Secondary (the first one), then in teh second dropdown, S-Video and would expect to see the pc output, however I get the words "No signal"...

Those the the ones I would choose in Vidblaster as well and would get the expected results. Maybe that's not the right options to choose in Vmix...

Charssay:

On the C027 cards, both jacks are shaped like HDMI however, I am using the provided adapter that plugs into the primary slot on the card and then connecting the composite or S-Video to the adapter.

To be honest I have never chosen the HDMI option is Vmix because neither of my sources are HDMI. I guess the next time out at the church I can try choosing HDMI. Maybe Vmix sees both slots on the card as HDMI... I don't know, but if that's the case, VMIX should see 4 HDMI inputs from the 2 Avermedia cards I have.
Charssay  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2015 1:15:39 AM(UTC)
Charssay

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Hello

You see that your last mail is more than clear.

Take it like this :

(1) AVerMedia BDA Analog Capture = First Card For analog Input (Svideo and composite)
(2) AVerMedia BDA Analog Capture = Second card For analog Input (Svideo and composite)
(3) AVerMedia BDA Analog Capture Secondary = First card for HD input (Component and HDMI)
(4) AVerMedia BDA Analog Capture Secondary = Second card for HD input (Component and HDMI)

Then, for your Camera on composite, choose in Vmix "(1)" and on the dropdown "INPUT", choose Composite
And for your Svideo entry, choose "(2)" and on the dropdown "INPUT", choose S-video
You will get the signal.

For the tips I gave you, it's only when you connect an HDMi source on the avermedia, sometimes, in the first time you will configure it after have set all in your computer, Vmix doesn't see the signal on the HDMi input, when you choose "(3)", and on the dropdown "HDMI". Vmix have a black screen. To avoid it, choose on the Dropdown Svideo, you get the signal and then after close and set it again choosing HDMI.

For your info, the C027 like most Avermedia have the capability to handle both analog signal and HD signal on the sametime in Vmix, so, with 2 cards you have the possibility to have 2 HD camera connected and 2 SD camera connected to have 4 input.
The last low cost configuration I did was 3 card C027 on the same computer to handle 6 camera

Be blessed