logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tdurhamjr  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2015 3:43:10 PM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
I am setting up vMix to run the media for our children's church service.

I have tried everything and can't get this to work. I have added a Youtube Video as an input doing the following.
1. Add Input > Flash RMTP > https://www.youtube.com/v/qdJicpjitMM
2. The video is inserted and I can left mouse click the normal Youtube "play" button to begin playing the video. However, after I cut to the next input I need the audio of the Youtube video to be silenced.

I am trying to do either of the following:
1. Add a trigger so that when the Youtube video input is "transitioned out", it will stop sending the audio of that Youtube input to the master audio. I do NOT want to turn the master audio off because the next input that is active will be outputting to the Master Audio. There is a trigger to turn BusA and BusB off, or to turn the Master Audio off, but I could not find the specific trigger to "stop sending a particular input to Master".

2. An alternative option would be to "auto stop the Youtube video". But because this is a Youtube video a left mouse click is the only thing that will pause the video. Does anyone know how to pause a youtube video after transition using triggers?

Obviously I can download the video and play it locally but if we need to pull up a video on the fly, I want to be able to insert accomplish my goal above.

Thanks for any help.

Tim

IceStream  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2015 3:11:32 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ tdurhamjr

Unfortunately, vMix does not yet have a 'Flash' Controller to be able to pause or stop animation or playback, although one was developed by AmbotZ a few years ago, so it is possible, just something that was never supported or developed further:
http://forums.vmix.com.a....aspx?g=posts&t=1139

The Audio is a whole other issue...
You may be able to route the audio similar to a 'Skype' set-up, but I am not familiar enough with that to know if it would work or not. Worth looking into though;
http://forums.vmix.com.a....aspx?g=posts&t=2518

Ice
tdurhamjr  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2015 3:24:54 PM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Thanks Ice! I will look at the audio aspect of it with the link you provided. Maybe Martin will consider adding a feature to help with this. Adding a trigger to "stop sending the audio to master" for a particular input would resolve the problem.

Thanks again
Tim