logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tsioukas  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2024 6:21:21 PM(UTC)
tsioukas

Groups: Registered
Man
Greece

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I want to share a strange behavior of the vMix Zoom Plugin. This isn’t exactly a bug, but more of a tip for users who might be wondering what's wrong with the plugin.

Client Update Requirement

Some Zoom account administrators require clients to have the latest or a specific version of Zoom. In Zoom settings (global or user), there is an option to “Require users to update the client.”

As of July 2024, if you set Windows requirements above version 6.0.11 (39959), such as 6.1.x, vMix cannot connect to Zoom meetings. It will attempt to connect but will eventually stop.

I'm not sure if vMix can solve this problem by bypassing this requirement, but users need to be aware and cautious.

Language Interpretation

I've noticed that if vMix connects to a meeting with interpretation enabled, to get the languages into vMix Audio options, you need to start the interpretation first and then join with the vMix Zoom Plugin. Additionally, if you change the language set during the event, the vMix Zoom Plugin can’t detect this change.

I’m unsure if this can be fixed with an update daemon, but in real events, we first connect vMix to Zoom and then wait for interpreters to join the meeting.

The good news is that this issue isn’t affected by closing and starting interpretation again. Therefore, my tip is to start a "fake" interpretation at the beginning and then add the real interpreters when they join the event.

Hope this helps!
thanks 2 users thanked tsioukas for this useful post.
richardgatarski on 7/8/2024(UTC), Soapm on 7/18/2024(UTC)
Soapm  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2024 6:49:53 AM(UTC)
Soapm

Groups: Registered
United States

Where does one get this vMix Zoom Plugin? Is there a plug in place?

EDITED TO SAY: Nevermind, found it but it says vMix 27 or higher. We're on 25.