logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
furtive  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2024 3:00:04 AM(UTC)
furtive

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hey all. Posting here to share a free template I made for vMix 27 and Companion 3.3.0+ where you can move between 54 different zoom looks on one Stream Deck XL (9 anchor positions and 6 zoom levels, but it also includes customizable durations for the merge moves). As an added bonus, the buttons will also grey out while a merge is in progress, so that you know when it's safe to make another move.

The Template
kmedia  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2024 6:22:58 AM(UTC)
kmedia

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thank you, this is very useful!
If anyone can't get it to work, I had to manually create a few custom variables in Companion with these exact names:

merge_duration
zoom_level
pan_x
pan_y
hot_zooms

I also needed to make a slight change to the Set Zoom 150% button. It was programmed differently from the others and wasn't triggering a Feedback color. Otherwise, this works great!
thanks 1 user thanked kmedia for this useful post.
furtive on 6/26/2024(UTC)
furtive  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2024 6:54:52 AM(UTC)
furtive

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kmedia Go to Quoted Post
Thank you, this is very useful!
If anyone can't get it to work, I had to manually create a few custom variables in Companion with these exact names:

merge_duration
zoom_level
pan_x
pan_y
hot_zooms

I also needed to make a slight change to the Set Zoom 150% button. It was programmed differently from the others and wasn't triggering a Feedback color. Otherwise, this works great!

Thanks for calling out the 150% feedback not working. I've gone ahead and fixed that now! For the custom variables, that should only be true if you're importing the buttons as a page onto an existing config, and you're correct that you'll need to add the custom variables yourself if that's the case. (hopefully in a future Companion version it will be possible to import a page w/ custom variables and check for any collisions with existing custom variables)