logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vjmandala  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2024 2:56:32 PM(UTC)
vjmandala

Groups: Registered
Man
Australia

Hi, am a happy VMix Pro user, I have been looking at Replay with a SloMoPro attached, very cool, and testing it out as a simulated multi-cam setup using 4x NDI Webcams as input devices and the onboard laptop camera. So 5 'cams' in all.

I followed the concise vmix replay tutorial youtu.be/l7l4MY9u7pA. In tutorial presenter has several streams of basket ball camera perspectives - I'm assuming they are not live - so unsure how he accessed cam footage, except maybe as external inputs via devices, or maybe it was a previous live replay recording session at a basketball game - I am unsure.

Nonetheless, I add 4x new (NDI webcam) camera inputs into gallery, then try to add Replay, I can assign Cam1 as the NDI webcam #1, all the other Cam2-8 are ghosted, so cannot add other 3 NDI webcams, or even if I add laptop webcam input all Cam2-5 ghosted.

No matter what combination of type (NDI or laptop cam) or order in which I added them as inputs, or the amount of cameras (NDI or laptop cam) I have in Vmix project, the Replay Cam2-8 remain ghosted.

I tried a new Session Folder, which solved my Recording Format ghosting issue, but not the Cam2-8 ghosting issue.
https://forums.vmix.com/...ormat-Options-grayed-out

Have also searched rest of this forum, internet, VMix youtube channel and https://www.vmix.com/help27/InstantReplay1.html to no avail.

Have tried my VMix project set at 1080p and 720p at 50fps, 30fps (29.97) and 25fps. Laptop cam is only 720p at various fps, which I have tried 25fps, 30fps and 50fps. NDI Webcam (as viewed in the app) is at 720p 30fps, though even if I set laptop webcam to 720p 30fps to match NDI webcam Cam2-8 is still ghosted.

I also tried setting VMix to 720p 30fps (29,97), laptop and NDI webcam inputs to 720p 30fps, still ghosted.

I dont have access to several usb webcams atm to try multiple external camera sources/devices. So until I do I am at the end of my current pay-grade without a clear understanding how to solve ghosting and input these 4-5 camera sources simultaneously.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
furtive  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2024 6:06:14 AM(UTC)
furtive

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
If you're a vMix Pro or vMix MAX license holder, then you should have access to 8 cameras on Instant Replay. Otherwise, vMix 4K only has 1 camera available and the other license types don't have it at all.

I know you said you're using vMix Pro, but can you confirm that by looking at the upper-left window title for vMix when you open the software?

For example, here is mine (MAX license)

UserPostedImage
doggy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2024 8:21:24 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 942 time(s) in 778 post(s)
sounds like a vMix 4K license instalation
vjmandala  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2024 9:44:22 AM(UTC)
vjmandala

Man
Australia

Originally Posted by: furtive Go to Quoted Post
If you're a vMix Pro or vMix MAX license holder, then you should have access to 8 cameras on Instant Replay. Otherwise, vMix 4K only has 1 camera available and the other license types don't have it at all.
UserPostedImage

Yes you are correct 100%! I personally have a 4k ver, which has 1 cam available, and the other PC I was accessing has Pro with multiple cams avail. Such an obvious answer. I even looked at comparison table at the time, but forgot I had 4k.

Much gratitude for shedding light onto my blind spot :)