logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
clafarge  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2024 9:39:06 AM(UTC)
clafarge

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 13 post(s)
One popular method of structuring a production in Zoom is to use the Meeting format for simple entry and triage of guest tech issues, and move cast into a Production Breakout Room. I've been able to get Zoom Inputs to work from Breakouts, but not consistently. I am told that, while it's often achievable, it's not technically supported. My "ask" is to support this workflow, which is available in the Video SDK.

Currently tools successfully pulling video from breakouts are ZoomISO, MimoLive, Wirecast... I'll ALWAYS prefer using vMix over these, but nonetheless, they are being used in this workflow.

Come on, folks! Let's lock down support for important features we need to have!

Best,

Chad

Disclosure: Support indicated I should post here so they could gauge community interest.
cchhita  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2024 9:57:21 AM(UTC)
cchhita

United States

+1 on this. We do production in a similar way to what Chad described, so having the vmix zoom integration officially supported would definitely be beneficial to us.
Guycochran  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2024 10:22:45 AM(UTC)
Guycochran

United States

Originally Posted by: cchhita Go to Quoted Post
+1 on this. We do production in a similar way to what Chad described, so having the vmix zoom integration officially supported would definitely be beneficial to us.

+1
admin  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2024 5:07:12 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4172 time(s) in 1498 post(s)
To clarify, we do use the SDK in the same way as the other apps mentioned.
However as you have noticed recording feeds when moving between breakout rooms can be inconsistent, and this is something we have no control over and would also be the same if using those other apps in the same way.

Note that these issues exist regardless of which app is being used.
It ultimately comes down to SDK quirks when using the Streaming and/or Recording capture modes in conjunction with breakout rooms.
clafarge  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2024 5:18:43 AM(UTC)
clafarge

Man
United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 13 post(s)
It's possible I'm missing the meaning above. We join the breakout for access to the video feeds in that breakout. If a contributor exits the breakout, we no longer need their signal. If we exit, we're no longer processing video.

The extent of the corrective action I've had to take using a tool like ZoomISO is to disable and enable the record engine (kick it). Noting that I can't do that in vMix at this time as well... are these two matters related? I have a feature request in for that, as well! :)

Thank you. I truly appreciate all your work and the excellent software you provide.

Best,

Chad