logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sagaofsage  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2024 3:42:02 AM(UTC)
sagaofsage

Groups: Registered
United States

I record different versions of my recordings but anything recorded for OUTPUT 2 is dramatically less quality because the inputs do not transition the way I would for OUTPUT 1.

My Inputs are set to move programmed layers from one input to the next in Active (OUTPUT1). Assets on layers will Merge/Move or Fade in predictable ways as I execute one Input and then the next Input. As such with the MERGE Transition, I can move a camera or an image on OUTPUT1 by selecting between Inputs where the assets are placed in different positions. I record my Active (OUTPUT 1) for 16x9 format.

I also record a 9x16 format via OUTPUT2. Every input that I select to record for OUTPUT1, will also trigger a separate Input to move to OUTPUT2. OUTPUT 2 will not honor any transitions and will always execute CUT transition.

I want my 16x9 recording and 9x16 recording to both execute the same way, so I need vMix to honor the transitions for more than just OUTPUT1.
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2024 7:55:33 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ sagaofsage

The solution is to use the Mix Input on Output 2/3/4 if you want "Transitions".
(otherwise changing the Source on auxiliary Outputs 2/3/4 will always be a "Cut")

Ice