logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ArchThunder  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 25, 2024 2:47:45 AM(UTC)
ArchThunder

Groups: Registered
Canada

I have a countdown timer that counts down to 11:00 AM. The problem is that I don't see any default ability to have a custom text for when it reaches 11. It just shows zeros.

I've seen some scripts that change the colors of timers as they near the end (but not count down to specific time). but not seen one yet that will hide the 00 and display a different text. I know enough to customize an existing script a bit. but not make something new that I don't have an example to follow.
Can someone help me figure this out.
raugert  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 25, 2024 3:53:12 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ArchThunder Go to Quoted Post
I have a countdown timer that counts down to 11:00 AM. The problem is that I don't see any default ability to have a custom text for when it reaches 11. It just shows zeros.

I've seen some scripts that change the colors of timers as they near the end (but not count down to specific time). but not seen one yet that will hide the 00 and display a different text. I know enough to customize an existing script a bit. but not make something new that I don't have an example to follow.

Use a trigger "OnCountdownCompleted" with command "SetText" and set the 'Time.txt' to the text you want to display.
doggy  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 25, 2024 4:42:49 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)

From the description i asume your are using a countdown to time (clocks) . In that the case a OnCountdownCompleted will not work (respond)
Can be solved using a script checking the API XML to check what is displayed in the title and do the setText option when 00:00:00 like Raugert Explained

Timers <> Clocks
doggy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 25, 2024 5:22:35 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post

From the description i asume your are using a countdown to time (clocks) . In that the case a OnCountdownCompleted will not work (respond)
Can be solved using a script checking the API XML to check what is displayed in the title and do the setText option when 00:00:00 like Raugert Explained

Timers <> Clocks

Correction

Using countdown to time will NOT display the current remaining time in the title but rather the timestring as set so above mentioned is not possible
However one can use this script (adjusted to your needs) to run simultaniously

https://forums.vmix.com/...ng-for-Dummies#post74242
ArchThunder  
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 25, 2024 5:44:27 AM(UTC)
ArchThunder

Canada

Yes I was using the countdown to time clock feature, but figured it wasn't going to work out and I needed to move to a script.

That link you shared looks to have what I want. thanks.