logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rickvoskamp  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 1, 2024 3:31:11 AM(UTC)
rickvoskamp

Groups: Registered

Hi all, I’m searching for a solution to get the next result:

IMG_9075.jpg (39kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

So I want the name of the players in two types of text formatting or different colors. So I can visual ‘split’ the names of the players.

For example like this:

First Surname.

I just want to use one text field in GT and push the data (the name) into the field by using the API.

Is there someone that know a ‘solution’ already?

Thank you all!
doggy  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 1, 2024 4:13:05 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rickvoskamp Go to Quoted Post
Hi all, I’m searching for a solution to get the next result:

So I want the name of the players in two types of text formatting or different colors. So I can visual ‘split’ the names of the players.

For example like this:

First Surname.

I just want to use one text field in GT and push the data (the name) into the field by using the API.

Is there someone that know a ‘solution’ already?

Thank you all!

This is not an option with GT title where one can mix and match fonts and colors in 1 single textblock. has been adressed a few times in this forum

Is possible with legacy XAML titles though

https://forums.vmix.com/...xt-field-sizes#post87136
rickvoskamp  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 1, 2024 9:21:18 PM(UTC)
rickvoskamp

Because the type of animations available in GT I want to use GT titles instead of XAML.

I don’t know if there are more people that have this request?
doggy  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 1, 2024 10:12:20 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rickvoskamp Go to Quoted Post
Because the type of animations available in GT I want to use GT titles instead of XAML.

Too bad (currently)
GT designer makes it simple to design something but at the same time is not as powerfull as XAMl. HTML5 is also an option , with user simplicity and userfriendlyness often comes less flexibility or optional trickery.

When i said possible with XAML it means its a trick using multiple textblocks put together looking like one . Also said it has been adressed a few times in this forum so yes more have looked for such request.

textblocks in GT or XAML are like little notepad files; one font one color , stick enough of them together and one can give the impression they are like one Word document or a HTML line of text

You asked for a solution to get the result but GT titles can currently not give this to you so a few (cheap) alternativs where given. There is alos quite a few external software alternatives if one is willing to spend some substancial amount of $$ for them

quick and dirty XAML example

vMix Capture 01 January 2024 14-19-57.png (28kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

and XAML code for it

Code:
<UserControl x:Class="MultiText"
             xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"
             xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
             xmlns:mc="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/markup-compatibility/2006" 
             xmlns:d="http://schemas.microsoft.com/expression/blend/2008" 
             mc:Ignorable="d" Width="1920" Height="1080" xmlns:my="clr-namespace:vMixTitleLibrary;assembly=vMixTitleLibrary">

<Grid >
           <Grid Margin="235,165,137,311">
            <StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal" Margin="10,10,96,477.765" >
                <TextBlock x:Name="left1"  Background="#FF937373"  FontFamily="Courier New" FontSize="72" VerticalAlignment="Top" Height="79" Foreground="#FFFDFDFD" Margin="3,0,10,0" Padding="16,0,12,0"  Text="Left1"  />
                <TextBlock x:Name="right1" Text="Right1 Longer" Background="Red" FontWeight="Normal" FontSize="72" VerticalAlignment="Top" ScrollViewer.CanContentScroll="True" Height="79" Foreground="#FFF0F011" FontFamily="Arial" Padding="21,0,18,0" Margin="0,0,7,0" />
            </StackPanel>
            <StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal" Margin="10,106,90,380.265" >
                <TextBlock x:Name="left2"  Background="#FF937373"  FontFamily="Courier New" FontSize="72" VerticalAlignment="Top" Height="79" Foreground="#FFFDFDFD" Margin="0,0,10,0" Padding="16,0,12,0"  Text="Left2 +"  />
                <TextBlock x:Name="right2" Text="Right2 +" Background="Red" FontWeight="Normal" FontSize="72" VerticalAlignment="Top" ScrollViewer.CanContentScroll="True" Height="79" Foreground="#FFEAEA15" FontFamily="Arial" Padding="21,0,18,0" />
            </StackPanel>

<StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal" Margin="10,202,87,281.265" >
                <TextBlock x:Name="left3"  Background="#FF937373"  FontFamily="Courier New" FontSize="72" VerticalAlignment="Top" Height="79" Foreground="#FFFDFDFD" Margin="0,0,10,0" Padding="16,0,12,0"  Text="Left3 longer"  />
                <TextBlock x:Name="right3" Text="Right3" Background="Red" FontWeight="Normal" FontSize="72" VerticalAlignment="Top" ScrollViewer.CanContentScroll="True" Height="79" Foreground="#FFC5CD17" FontFamily="Arial" Padding="21,0,18,0" />
            </StackPanel>
         </Grid>

</Grid>

</UserControl>