logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JazzyJ  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 25, 2023 10:38:13 PM(UTC)
JazzyJ

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Help with YT livestream please!
Regarding the Live Stream Title, I've been typing in a new Title and uploading a new JPEG Cover for each church Sunday service BEFORE the livestream starts (in the YT 'Go Live' page). This week, I forgot to do that, so last week's title and pic were still in the settings. Even though the 'stream button' was on in VMix, there was no livesteam.
So my question/s - If the SAME title is left in YT LiveStream page what (should) happen/s?

1. It doesn't livestream as to do so would overwrite the previous stream
2. It overwrites the previous livestream
3. It adds to the title (e.g. '01') so that it doesn't overwrite previous stream and still streams live.

If no1 is correct - it won't stream. Is there a way to leave a Title like 'Sunday Service' with a date that will AUTOMATICALLY update each week so that we won't be reliant on someone changing the Title each week. Thus we'd have a 'guaranteed' stream and could update the title afterwards.
Thanks for any help anyone can offer regarding this. I've done extensive G**gle seached and can find zero info about this.
JazzyJ  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 31, 2023 5:17:25 AM(UTC)
JazzyJ

United Kingdom

Anyone stream each week with V-Mix?
congoblue  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 4, 2024 12:54:13 AM(UTC)
congoblue

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I stream to Youtube each week with VMix (using the VMix Stream Now function, so entering the stream title into the VMix dialog box rather than on the Youtube website).

I have on occasion forgotten to change the title from the week before so we have had 2 streams with the same title, none of your 1-3 options happened. It just created a new event on Youtube with the same title as one of the others. I went back later and edited the event on Youtube studio to fix the incorrect title.

I have also streamed with OBS, using the same Youtube event / key to stream each week, again if you forget to change the title you still get the livestream and it appears as an event on Youtube with a duplicate title.

So I would say that your problem is not this, but something else. Did you maybe forget to click "Go live" on the Youtube page, if you do this then VMix shows that it's streaming but the stream never starts.

(It would be nice if VMix could automatically update the stream title with the date, like it does for the recording files, but there is no way to do this currently - I have put a suggestion on the software suggestions page, go like it if you want to make it more likely to happen)