logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kismetgerald  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 4, 2023 12:50:21 PM(UTC)
kismetgerald

Groups: Registered
United States

I would like to see the ability to click and drag items around in a list for the purpose of reordering them.

This past weekend I ran into a situation with a List input which contained about 150 videos. I added two videos to it but needed to reorder both to near the top of the list. I was able to select both items, however, when I attempted to move them - using the arrow buttons, I noticed that only one item moved. I had to manually move each item, using the buttons, one click at a time. This took an extended period of time; fortunately, I was not in the middle of a production.

If implementing this via the UI will prove challenging, perhaps an alternate implementation could be something similar to how we currently edit Titles. If we could export the List input to a text file and then sort/reorder it, and then import it back - it could be a viable solution. Please let me know if I can provide any screen recording of what I'm aiming at, thank you.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 4, 2023 3:50:56 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kismetgerald Go to Quoted Post
If we could export the List input to a text file and then sort/reorder it, and then import it back - it could be a viable solution.

You can allready, export to .m3u and rearrange with notepad or alike and do a change (import) on the list imput
Peter Berglund  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2023 8:15:52 PM(UTC)
Peter Berglund

Man
Sweden

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
+1

(I often have the same issue and it would be really handy to just be able to Click-and-Drag within the vMix environment itself instead of workarounds.)