logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mattford1  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 6, 2023 2:23:39 AM(UTC)
mattford1

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi There-

I'm still trying to figure out the logic behind the triggers. Please see pic below.

When Overlay Channel 2 is turned off, I would think the next command to wipe to color bars would occur 1000ms following the previous Channel 2 overlay command but it does nothing. If, however I change the last command to "On Completion" it operates as expected. I even tried setting the Wipe trigger to "On Overlay Out" thinking that the previous command turning off the overlay would properly trigger the wipe but no luck.

I've even tried loading bars into preview and having it wipe to what is loaded into preview no luck.

As a test, I can run the clip and then manually hit the wipe button and it behaves as expected.

When I duplicate the triggers for a static input, ie, another input i've set to bars, the triggers operate as expected. It seems to be tied to a clip that is currently playing.

I've worked in network television for 20 years (not using VMix) and I cannot seem to figure out the operating logic to save my life lol.

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Capture.PNG (161kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
doggy  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 6, 2023 2:54:12 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mattford1 Go to Quoted Post
Hi There-

I'm still trying to figure out the logic behind the triggers. Please see pic below.

When Overlay Channel 2 is turned off, I would think the next command to wipe to color bars would occur 1000ms following the previous Channel 2 overlay command but it does nothing. If, however I change the last command to "On Completion" it operates as expected. I even tried setting the Wipe trigger to "On Overlay Out" thinking that the previous command turning off the overlay would properly trigger the wipe but no luck.

I've even tried loading bars into preview and having it wipe to what is loaded into preview no luck.

As a test, I can run the clip and then manually hit the wipe button and it behaves as expected.

When I duplicate the triggers for a static input, ie, another input i've set to bars, the triggers operate as expected. It seems to be tied to a clip that is currently playing.

I've worked in network television for 20 years (not using VMix) and I cannot seem to figure out the operating logic to save my life lol.

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Looking for an answer to then delete your post ? (see part1 https://forums.vmix.com/...Mix-Triggers#post111201)

mattford1  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 6, 2023 4:04:51 AM(UTC)
mattford1

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
will check it out. Thank you!
Roy Sinclair  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 7, 2023 7:21:29 AM(UTC)
Roy Sinclair

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)

Think of ALL those OnTransitionIn triggers as happening in parallel. All those delays are counted against the moment the OnTransitionIn event happens, not after the trigger just before it in the list occurs.

So you need to add the 4661 ms from the OverlayInput2In trigger to the 3000 ms before the OverlayInput2Out starts. Add another 500ms for the "Duration" if you are required to have the overlay to be fully present for 3 seconds since it may depend on the chosen transition.
dmwkr  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 7, 2023 10:44:11 AM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 108 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Roy Sinclair Go to Quoted Post

Think of ALL those OnTransitionIn triggers as happening in parallel. All those delays are counted against the moment the OnTransitionIn event happens, not after the trigger just before it in the list occurs.

So you need to add the 4661 ms from the OverlayInput2In trigger to the 3000 ms before the OverlayInput2Out starts. Add another 500ms for the "Duration" if you are required to have the overlay to be fully present for 3 seconds since it may depend on the chosen transition.

Roy, I don't think that's true. See delay section in the helpfiles. https://www.vmix.com/help26/Triggers.html

@mattford1: Also in the helpfiles: "Note that in order to prevent loops, transition effects have no effect for OnTransitionIn or OnTransitionOut." That is why your wipe doesn't work.