logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MrMagoo  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2023 9:59:55 AM(UTC)
MrMagoo

Groups: Registered
Australia

vMix 26.0.0.45 x64

Our vMix install seems to be crashing several times a day at various intervals.

I'm not sure what I need to provide here for help, so please let me know what else I can provide.

I have been into Windows 11 Event Viewer > Window Logs > Application and found the errors, here are the errors related to vMix:

Faulting application name: VMIX64.EXE, version: 26.0.0.45, time stamp: 0x64b8df2e
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.2.22621.2215, time stamp: 0x7a9f67f2
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000001b4fa
Faulting process ID: 0x%9
Faulting application start time: 0x%10
Faulting application path: %11
Faulting module path: %12
Report ID: %13
Faulting package full name: %14
Faulting package-relative application ID: %15

Faulting application name: VMIX64.EXE, version: 26.0.0.45, time stamp: 0x64b8df2e
Faulting module name: ntshrui.dll, version: 6.2.22621.2215, time stamp: 0x0e042c6d
Fault offset: 0x000000000000427b

Also found these 2 around the same time, unsure if these are related:

Faulting application name: CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe, version: 103.0.80.0, time stamp: 0xad6011c7
Faulting module name: libcef.dll, version: 103.0.12.0, time stamp: 0x62d59b43
Fault offset: 0x0000000005ac5bd8
Faulting process ID: 0x0x63D8
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D9FBB73868F399
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\vMix\browser\V103\CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\vMix\browser\V103\libcef.dll
Report ID: 7fef7ab7-6e00-4d32-a289-62af8fd0c75f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Application: CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
at <Module>.CefExecuteProcess(CefMainArgs*, scoped_refptr<CefApp>*, Void*)
at CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.SubProcess.Run()
at CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.BrowserSubprocessExecutable.Main(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<System.String>, CefSharp.RenderProcess.IRenderProcessHandler)
at CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.Program.Main(System.String[])

MrMagoo  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2023 1:14:10 PM(UTC)
MrMagoo

Australia

Our vMix (v26.0.0.45 x64) crashing issues continue. It's happening more and more frequently now (every hour or so).

We have reported it several times to vMix support sending the reports from within vMix, who have suggested a few things, but nothing solid at this point. We are starting to question do we even purchase vMix as we are only still on a trial, if this is going to be what it's going to be like, but I'm hanging onto to the many posts here saying that their vMix is "running rock solid!".

The main offending DLLs that seem to always show up in Windows Event viewer are:
(ntdll.dll - mainly this one), AppXDeploymentClient.dll, unknown, Windows.FileExplorer.Common.dll

Is this a vMix memory leak problem? We are on Windows 11, is vMix even supported on 11? Should I roll back to 10?

The vMix GPU memory sits anywhere between 50%-58%.
New PC: i9 13900K 24 core LGA 1700, NVIDIA RTX 3070 Ti, 2x 2TB 970 EVO SSDs, 128 GB DDR5

Here is what we have tried, some suggestions from vMix support, others from forum posts:

- Complete Windows and software reinstall and ensured all updates and drivers are up to date
- Installed WhoCrashed, ensured the dump files were configured, but it did not generate a dump log, even after a reboot
- Turned on FEIM for each of our 4 NDI inputs (Zoom Rooms)
- Ran vMix Diagnostic tool - Results: No background Graphics Card applications detected. SCAN COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY
- Purchased a 2nd PC for mail, browsing, skype etc - ensuring the vMix PC is solely used for vMix only

We also have the following PCIe cards installed (Blackmagic Decklink Mini Recorder HD card, Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card, Xonar sound card) and 3 x USB Audio interface units installed (Behringer UMC 202HD, Minifuse 1, Tascam US 2x2 HR, Tascam US 4x4 HR) - all drivers up to date.

I'm at a loss as to where to go from here, vMix support are hinting it may be a hardware conflict, but wanted us to do the OS and software reinstalls first. Can anyone offer any advice? I'm happy to pay anyone who can assist in diagnosing and fixing the issue, I really need to get this ASAP. Thanks in advance.
admin  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2023 1:30:31 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4160 time(s) in 1494 post(s)
Unfortunately the randomness of these errors, and the fact that other applications are crashing randomly too most likely indicates faulty hardware.
(Especially if reinstalling Windows did not help)

This is usually something like the motherboard or memory unfortunately.

There is an app in the start menu called "Memory Diagnostic" that can be used to test the memory.
Also, if the motherboard has two memory modules installed, you can also try removing one of them making sure PC is turned off at the wall first.
When powering back up, if things have not improved with only one module repeat these steps but swapping out the other memory module instead.
Also double check the motherboard manual to ensure the module is installed into the correct slot.

If the above memory tests do not help, then you an also run a test with all the PCI-E cards removed.
Then if it works, try adding them one at a time, testing each time until the failure occurs.

Hope this helps.
MrMagoo  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2023 1:36:26 PM(UTC)
MrMagoo

Australia

Thanks I'll give that a go.

But just to clarify, there are no other applications crashing, these crashes are only happening to VMIX64.EXE
admin  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2023 1:40:36 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

I was able to look up the Support Reports you sent, and there are other apps crashing in the past.
After the reinstall they won't be crashing anymore as they have not been running by the looks of things.

Also, some of those apps are behind the scenes system services in Windows, so you may not see any error messages appear
but they are definitely failing, and why it is most likely faulty hardware.
MrMagoo  
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2023 1:45:15 PM(UTC)
MrMagoo

Australia

OK, thanks. I'll start with your suggestions of the memory and motherboard, then the other cards if necessary.

I'm running the Memory Diagnostic now. I'm committed to getting this running, I have to. Thanks for your help.
MrMagoo  
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2023 2:18:39 PM(UTC)
MrMagoo

Australia

One more question please; if it does come down to replacing either/or both the memory and motherboard, are their any recommendations on brands/models that play nicely with vMix? Thanks.
admin  
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2023 2:23:30 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

This is the system specs we have tested similar to yours:

https://www.vmix.com/pro...rence-systems.aspx#topaz

I just noted your system currently has 128GB of memory! That is far more than vMix is likely to ever need and I am guessing is currently using 4 modules.
The more memory there is the more likely one or more of those modules is faulty, so I would definitely try running the system with just one 32GB module as a test.

(though for performance system should have at least two installed once the problem is located)
MrMagoo  
#9 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2023 2:25:39 PM(UTC)
MrMagoo

Australia

Thank you
MrMagoo  
#10 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2023 2:28:38 PM(UTC)
MrMagoo

Australia

OK, I think we have 2 x 64GB - will try your suggestions tonight.
dmwkr  
#11 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2023 5:03:54 PM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 108 post(s)
Quote:
- Complete Windows and software reinstall and ensured all updates and drivers are up to date

Have you also checked for BIOS updates?
MrMagoo  
#12 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2023 5:05:51 PM(UTC)
MrMagoo

Australia

Good point, will check that as well, cheers
MrMagoo  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2023 11:19:00 AM(UTC)
MrMagoo

Australia

Yesterday we replaced both the motherboard with (ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Apex) and RAM (2 x 32GB DDR5 Kingston) in line with the vMix reference system Topaz: https://www.vmix.com/pro...rence-systems.aspx#topaz

Big expense, but we needed a resolution asap, sadly that didn't seem to have made any difference, still crashing.

We ran the Furmark graphics card check, whilst it came up with a satisfactory score, it did crash vMix as I had that running at the same time. CoreTemp is reporting an average of 52C per core.

Have sent another report from within vMix to vMix support, will wait and see I guess. We are at a loss and have no idea where to go from here, but we know it’s costing us a lot of money in hardware and time ☹
admin  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2023 11:58:51 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

That is quite unfortunate.
It likely means something else is faulty instead.

What were the results with all the PCI-E cards removed? (besides the GPU)
Do you have access to another GPU to try as well?

There are still some system services crashing on the system, so it may be a good idea to also try a fresh install of Windows just in case the previous failures
corrupted something on the system.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
MrMagoo  
#15 Posted : Sunday, October 22, 2023 3:15:56 PM(UTC)
MrMagoo

Australia

Hi Martin, not sure if you're around to see this, but we were going so well, and now more crashes. I have sent another report from within vMix.

Now we are getting desperate, I’m not sure what else we can do, below is everything we have tried.

The crashing seems to be stemming around us adding any devices to the PC, vMix just doesn’t like it. We are adding USB Audio Interfaces to be able to route the zoom inputs (4) out to our radio audio console. Is there another way we can move the audio? Dante or something else, my knowledge is limited with this?

- Replaced Motherboard, Graphics Card and RAM with https://www.vmix.com/pro...rence-systems.aspx#topaz
- Reinstalled Windows 11 twice
- Removed (2) Tascam USB Audio Interfaces and drivers/software, replaced with M-Audio M-Track Solo & Fosi Audio DAC-Q4
- Slowly reintroduced required cards and devices over a period of 3-4 days

Crashing recommenced after last 2 new USB audio devices and drivers were installed yesterday (M-Audio M-Track Solo & Fosi Audio DAC-Q4). Prior to this we were getting no crashes.

We also added our Stream Deck XL and software in the last 24 hours, could this be it? This has since been unplugged and software uninstalled, PC restarted, but it still crashes.

We are also getting some Anydesk crashes on that PC, this software is needed for our remote staff.

Latest Event Viewer crash log:

Faulting application name: vMix64.exe, version: 26.0.0.45, time stamp: 0x64b8df2e
Faulting module name: mfmkvsrcsnk.dll, version: 6.2.22621.2070, time stamp: 0x95b397cc
Fault offset: 0x00000000000032d4

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
kross  
#16 Posted : Sunday, October 22, 2023 3:28:31 PM(UTC)
kross

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 28 post(s)
I'd be looking squarely at M-Audio. I've never had great luck with M-Audio in the past.
thanks 1 user thanked kross for this useful post.
sinc747 on 11/2/2023(UTC)
MrMagoo  
#17 Posted : Sunday, October 22, 2023 3:32:16 PM(UTC)
MrMagoo

Australia

Thanks for the tip, cheers
admin  
#18 Posted : Sunday, October 22, 2023 5:59:09 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Originally Posted by: MrMagoo Go to Quoted Post

We are also getting some Anydesk crashes on that PC, this software is needed for our remote staff.

This may be the key to working out the cause. My understanding is Anydesk will only use the default audio device in the system
so if you see which of the many audio interfaces is currently default in the Windows sound settings, it sounds likely that is the culprit.

dmwkr  
#19 Posted : Sunday, October 22, 2023 6:02:19 PM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 108 post(s)
I am always hesitant, to use even two audio interfaces, because I read about possible problems, and was able to avoid it so far.

It should be possible, but seems to have to be setup properly, see eg. https://recordingtec.com...her-and-why-you-should/.

(Btw, you wrote that you want to output 4 Zoom inputs. Shouldn't the Tascam US 4x4 HR be able to handle it alone?)
MrMagoo  
#20 Posted : Sunday, October 22, 2023 6:08:18 PM(UTC)
MrMagoo

Australia

I have disabled the audio (transmission and output) in Anydesk for Audio.

I was set to the device 'Speakers (Realtek USB2.0 Audio)