logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NiBTour  
#21 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2023 7:33:10 AM(UTC)
NiBTour

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MrMagoo Go to Quoted Post
I have disabled the audio (transmission and output) in Anydesk for Audio.

I was set to the device 'Speakers (Realtek USB2.0 Audio)

I'm off work due to a hip replacement (1 of 2 replaced so far yea) and am at home bored and just building systems for cheap friends in the production industry :) so I'm will to go down this rabbit hole with you since I've never had a system I couldn't fix or at the very least pinpoint the issue. with all that said and as I'm walking to get food try this:

change the priority of ALL of the services and programs that use audio, and also change the affinity to NOT use E-Cores. Basically, windows 11 has had reported issues in the insider program of intel 12/13 processors and its scheduling with e and p cores with the USB interface.

when I get home I can help with a more elegant response but try getting the audio or hell the system (you can do this via bios) not to use e-cores. again this is for debugging to eliminate this known issue.

also make sure you have your system set for background processing and power is set to performance and USB has selective state disabled and power management removed and all that good stuff. i think you can find that 9in vMix FAQ on optimizing the system.

also run sfc /scannow

I'll be home later tonight if you are around. i see you're in the great country aus as I'm in the US -Northern California so you are 18 hours ahead. perfect :)

-king
MrMagoo  
#22 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2023 9:44:57 PM(UTC)
MrMagoo

Australia

And we have crashed again! Hasn’t even been running for 7 hours!

Report sent again from vMix.

Purchased and installed a UMC1820 today, removed all other audio devices and removed ASIO4ALL as requested.

Event ID : 1000 / Application Crashing Events

Faulting application name: vMix64.exe, version: 26.0.0.45, time stamp: 0x64b8df2e
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.2.22621.2428, time stamp: 0x806d3ecf
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000001b4fa
Faulting process ID: 0x%9
Faulting application start time: 0x%10
Faulting application path: %11
Faulting module path: %12
Report ID: %13
Faulting package full name: %14
Faulting package-relative application ID: %15
admin  
#23 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2023 10:09:29 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4166 time(s) in 1497 post(s)
EDIT: resolved
admin  
#24 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2023 10:12:45 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

I just had a look at the latest support report.

Please be aware that there are still 4 NDI sources running without FEIM enabled, so it is possible they are faulty.
Please remove and add all the NDI sources again making sure FEIM is enabled on all inputs and see how you go.

When we first started investigating this issue, one of the first things suggested was that there could be a faulty NDI source.
I was advised that FEIM was enabled on all the inputs, however it appears now looking back at the reports that was not the case.

Please do double and triple check this, as it could be the case of some bad NDI software sending corrupted video into vMix.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
MrMagoo  
#25 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2023 10:15:03 PM(UTC)
MrMagoo

Australia

@Martin, thanks for getting back to me, frustration is an understatement as to how I feel at the moment.

What else are we meant to do? I feel we have literally tried absolutely everything recommended, replaced hardware etc etc etc and still we are in the same position.

I am at a total loss what to do from here.
MrMagoo  
#26 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2023 10:16:28 PM(UTC)
MrMagoo

Australia

OK, I will add the NDI sources again with FEIM enabled.
admin  
#27 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2023 10:26:29 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

I've emailed a few more suggestions as well.

This is such a rare and excruciating issue that we hardly ever see here at vMix, and I am determined to find out the culprit and leave no stone unturned as a result.
Usually after replacing the memory, or sometimes the GPU everything goes back to normal.

Also just to confirm we have not had any crashing reports related to Windows 11 at all.
Usually it is mundane issues related to Windows 11 itself, such as audio devices not being detected, but you have not had anything like that happen at all.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
MrMagoo  
#28 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2023 10:39:46 PM(UTC)
MrMagoo

Australia

Thank you Martin
mtone  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, October 24, 2023 10:36:29 AM(UTC)
mtone

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 19 post(s)
maybe its a power issue ? if it runs consistently for hours and then flakes randomly maybe something fluctuates and the PSU doesnt like it ? the problems you noticed when adding USB devices could be related to power.. when people overclock or undervolt random crashes is often how things fails so the symptoms are similar..

its just an idea... i wouldnt go buy another PSU right away but if you can access a totally different computer in different location for testing i would try that.. use the UMC1820 and the same vMIx project (assets etc) and confirm your setup can at least work somewhere and its not something in the project... otherwise if you cant use another machine it could be worth trying a surge board that has power conditioner... (especially if you're in an older building)...
ckvideo  
#30 Posted : Monday, February 5, 2024 8:58:10 PM(UTC)
ckvideo

Germany

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MrMagoo Go to Quoted Post
Our vMix (v26.0.0.45 x64) crashing issues continue. It's happening more and more frequently now (every hour or so).

We have reported it several times to vMix support sending the reports from within vMix, who have suggested a few things, but nothing solid at this point. We are starting to question do we even purchase vMix as we are only still on a trial, if this is going to be what it's going to be like, but I'm hanging onto to the many posts here saying that their vMix is "running rock solid!".

The main offending DLLs that seem to always show up in Windows Event viewer are:
(ntdll.dll - mainly this one), AppXDeploymentClient.dll, unknown, Windows.FileExplorer.Common.dll

Is this a vMix memory leak problem? We are on Windows 11, is vMix even supported on 11? Should I roll back to 10?

The vMix GPU memory sits anywhere between 50%-58%.
New PC: i9 13900K 24 core LGA 1700, NVIDIA RTX 3070 Ti, 2x 2TB 970 EVO SSDs, 128 GB DDR5

Here is what we have tried, some suggestions from vMix support, others from forum posts:

- Complete Windows and software reinstall and ensured all updates and drivers are up to date
- Installed WhoCrashed, ensured the dump files were configured, but it did not generate a dump log, even after a reboot
- Turned on FEIM for each of our 4 NDI inputs (Zoom Rooms)
- Ran vMix Diagnostic tool - Results: No background Graphics Card applications detected. SCAN COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY
- Purchased a 2nd PC for mail, browsing, skype etc - ensuring the vMix PC is solely used for vMix only

We also have the following PCIe cards installed (Blackmagic Decklink Mini Recorder HD card, Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card, Xonar sound card) and 3 x USB Audio interface units installed (Behringer UMC 202HD, Minifuse 1, Tascam US 2x2 HR, Tascam US 4x4 HR) - all drivers up to date.

I'm at a loss as to where to go from here, vMix support are hinting it may be a hardware conflict, but wanted us to do the OS and software reinstalls first. Can anyone offer any advice? I'm happy to pay anyone who can assist in diagnosing and fixing the issue, I really need to get this ASAP. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I am late to this but would like to leave my thoughts here:

Your USB Audio Setup looks pretty ambitious: 3 USB audio devices might be fighting for USB bandwidth and/or IRR ressources in your system. How well this works depends a lot on the USB host controllers on your mainboard and their respective capabilities. Probably none of the vendors has tested this combination.

If I had to debug this, I would install Windows from scratch, install Blackmagic software and vMix and start testing. Than add one component after he other and keep testing.

With USB audio, I would go for one multichannel interface instead of this complex setup. I am quite happy with he MOTU 1248, but you might find other devices to suit you better. Maybe connecting a full blown audio mixer with multichannel USB support is also an option in you workflow.

Running all the stuff on Windows 10 is also a good idea - if your PC system supports this.

Please keep in mind that vMix sits on top of all device drivers, so vMix crashes can easily come in fact from driver crashes.

I hope you solved your problem in the meantime.

Best,

Christian

admin  
#31 Posted : Monday, February 5, 2024 11:30:10 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi all,

Just to close out this issue, after extensive testing between the customer and vMix support the problem appeared to be some faulty hardware.
Once the computer was replaced the issue went away.

Regards,

Martin
vMix