logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
knob2001  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2023 2:59:02 AM(UTC)
knob2001

Groups: Registered

Hi.

I know this has been asked several times before, but I can't find the answer. Due to security restrictions last year, Google doesn't allow to sign in just with the previous user and pass. Right now it will reject the login saying this browser isn't secure.
Is there any way to solve this? Capturing a youtube channel via desktop will not capture the audio, btw.

Thanks
knob2001  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 2, 2023 4:23:05 AM(UTC)
knob2001

Thanks :=) But... I think I may have explained myself a little badly. The browser is the Vmix browser, not the external one. That's the point. The Input called Browser (Vmix native) is not compatible anymore with the new Google security regulations. So, it's up to Vmix to update the browser (chromium based, I guess). As far as I know, the only way to capture a browser with audio is thru NDI (which is what I've done).

Regards
sinc747  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 2, 2023 6:54:24 AM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Actually vMix uses Google Chrome as its browser. And it uses your install of Chrome!

To update Chrome, start the application, click the trio of dots in the top right corner, select HELP, select About Google Chrome. That will initiate the update process.

Did that work for you?

- Tom
nikosman88  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 2, 2023 8:32:58 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Originally Posted by: knob2001 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks :=) But... I think I may have explained myself a little badly. The browser is the Vmix browser, not the external one. That's the point. The Input called Browser (Vmix native) is not compatible anymore with the new Google security regulations. So, it's up to Vmix to update the browser (chromium based, I guess). As far as I know, the only way to capture a browser with audio is thru NDI (which is what I've done).

Regards

Hello. Not only ndi. For audio from browser you can install Virtual audio cables. See this video for example on how to do this

For apps like browser that you cant select the audio device, simply go to windows audio speaker icon in taskbar and select a line virtual as output.Then Vmix-->Add input-->Audio input-->same virtual line and ready.