logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
amsudeen  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2014 8:10:48 AM(UTC)
amsudeen

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
HOW TO CONNECT WIFI CAMERA IN VMIX (LIKE GOPRO)
Ittaidv  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2014 9:56:26 AM(UTC)
Ittaidv

Man
Belgium

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 75 post(s)
first convert the wifi signal to a rtmp stream: https://gist.github.com/laurieainley/7663756

Load this stream into vmix.

The result will be crappy, but it works.

For better quality use a capture card and the hdmi output.
tdurhamjr  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2014 5:18:05 PM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
I spent a couple of hours last night downloading and trying all the different apps for wifi streaming and I found all of them to be worthless and nothing you would include in a live stream. If you were street reporting somewhere and it was crap or nothing, then the smart phone stream would just have to do. You can either 1) get an HDMI Wireless Transmitter which actually works pretty well if the distance is not too far. You can get those from $200 to $10,000 depending on how far you want to transmit.

I would invest in a 500 or 1000 foot roll of HD SDI cable and just make you some long SDI cables for your cameras (you can buy inexpensive HDMI to SDI converters). If that is not an option then the wireless HDMI transmitters will be the only likely solution for good quality video.

Ittaidv  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2014 6:24:55 PM(UTC)
Ittaidv

Man
Belgium

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 75 post(s)
tdurhamjr wrote:
I spent a couple of hours last night downloading and trying all the different apps for wifi streaming and I found all of them to be worthless and nothing you would include in a live stream. If you were street reporting somewhere and it was crap or nothing, then the smart phone stream would just have to do. You can either 1) get an HDMI Wireless Transmitter which actually works pretty well if the distance is not too far. You can get those from $200 to $10,000 depending on how far you want to transmit.

I would invest in a 500 or 1000 foot roll of HD SDI cable and just make you some long SDI cables for your cameras (you can buy inexpensive HDMI to SDI converters). If that is not an option then the wireless HDMI transmitters will be the only likely solution for good quality video.

We also use cheap sdi converters. I can vouch for this approach, it's the most reliable option. Using Wifi will always degrade the image to low framerate and resolution, plus it might give a lot of hickups.

I can only imagine to use wifi if i would not want to buy expensive equipment. You can do this with a cheap laptop, the free version of vmix and a cheap gopro or smartphone. I would not expect any groundbreaking results from it, but it's a way to get started and see how things work..