logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SunMan  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2023 3:13:28 AM(UTC)
SunMan

Groups: Registered
United States

I’m using vMix with a ZEDi 10FX USB mixer and vMix Pro 25.0.0.34

1) My Microphone is plugged into channel 1 on the USB mixer. I’ve created an input in vMix for that mic (to setup I selected ZEDI ASIO Driver, and ch1 in audio setup) and it’s showing up fine in vMix

2) I’ve connected a USB cable from the USB mixer to the PC

3) IN vMix: I’ve got a vMix call input, a video clip input, and the Mic

Everything works fine EXCEPT:

A) When I route audio from vMix, I’m not sure what settings to use?

In SETTINGS/AUDIO OUTPUTS:
IF I select the ZEDI Stereo USB output for Master Out and Headphones , that comes over to the mixer via the USB fine and can be heard through the speakers (those are attached to the mixer’s analog MONITOR OUT).
On the mixer - I send that channels OUT via an aux to feed In-Ear IFB for my HOST
With those settings: In the HOSTS ear, she’s getting her mic feed, RETURNED through her headphones (with a slight delay).

I want a mix-minus fed to her (without her mic)

B) I’ve tried to setup Bus A and Bus B, build a mix with all inputs active on Bus B -except the HOST’s Mic, When I get that setup, I don’t know how to get that back to the host?
I’ve got the Bus pulldown (in Audio Output settings) Enabled, and I’ve tried changing those settings to ZEDi Mixer… Just can’t seem to find the right setting...
How do I get Bus B to Show Up back on my Mixer.

To SUM UP:

I want to setup a Mix Minus (to send to my in studio Host.
I’ve got ONE mic plugged into the USB Mixer - That’s being sent out USB to an INPUT in vMix
The vMix Caller, and a movie file audio is (of course) already in vMix, is being sent OUT USB to the Mixer (so that I can monitor the MASTER audio, and have a separate Mix Minus to send out to Host

Thanks in Advance

/S
AudioGreg  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2023 4:29:49 AM(UTC)
AudioGreg

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Selecting "Enabled" in the vMix bus outputs does only that, enables the bus for use internally in vMix and doesn't send it anywhere externally. You should set the vMix Master and Headphone outputs to whatever device you want to monitor the final output on, usually your computer soundcard/speakers. Change the BusB dropdown to your ZEDI USB and now that audio will go the your mixer instead of the vMix Master. If your talent IEM is on the ZEDI aux out, then turn up the Aux send knob on ST2/ST3 to get the USB audio into the IEM.