logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
engelschall  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2022 8:37:06 AM(UTC)
engelschall

Groups: Registered
Germany

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 17 post(s)
vMix currently allows just 4 dynamic variables and 4 dynamic inputs. Especially the dynamic variables are needed for passing information to VB.Net extension scripts and scripts having to compete against just 4 hard-coded variables is nasty. Please allow at least a few more of those dynamic variables so there is less contention on them.
thanks 1 user thanked engelschall for this useful post.
Bonbondotkom on 7/28/2023(UTC)
doggy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2022 8:43:45 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: engelschall Go to Quoted Post
vMix currently allows just 4 dynamic variables and 4 dynamic inputs. Especially the dynamic variables are needed for passing information to VB.Net extension scripts and scripts having to compete against just 4 hard-coded variables is nasty. Please allow at least a few more of those dynamic variables so there is less contention on them.

Have you considered using multiple "variables" within one Dynamic variable (xml, csv style)?
engelschall  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2022 6:20:01 PM(UTC)
engelschall

Germany

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 17 post(s)
You mean placing a string like "<arg1>value1</arg1><arg2>value2</arg2>" into a dynamic variable in order to be able to pass multiple arguments to a script? Yes, of course. But this doesn't solve the problem if you are using N scripts which require argument(s) from a remote control that everything has to flow through just 4 variables in total. Additionally, if you want to keep state in a variable the situation is even more worse because you loose an entire variable per state forever. My workaround in those state situations is to place the state into a "title" input (which is never shown but just keeps the state).
SuperBill  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 8, 2022 3:59:25 AM(UTC)
SuperBill

Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Yes PLEASE! at least as many as there are vmix call inputs or better yet as many as mix type inputs which in v26 seems to be 16 !

danpar  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 7, 2022 1:29:28 PM(UTC)
danpar

Canada

Originally Posted by: SuperBill Go to Quoted Post
Yes PLEASE! at least as many as there are vmix call inputs or better yet as many as mix type inputs which in v26 seems to be 16 !

I fully agree. There definitely needs to be more dynamic inputs and 16 as far as I can tell, would be an ideal number.

Right now, I've easily used up all 4 dynamic inputs on a rather simple layout.

Basically, with dynamic inputs, you can cue up multiple inputs such as songs, videos, active inputs, and overlays and maintain independent control over all of them. But 4 is the current limit, and it's just not enough.

I cannot think of a scenario right now where I would need more than 16. I highly doubt the need for higher than 16 will ever be there. But certainly I can reach 8 or 10 within any issues. So I think 16 is actually a very good number.
Bonbondotkom  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2023 4:27:03 PM(UTC)
Bonbondotkom

Philippines

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: engelschall Go to Quoted Post

+1
kuuminsh  
#7 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2023 5:57:46 PM(UTC)
kuuminsh

Latvia

+1
Mano Bakker  
#8 Posted : Monday, August 28, 2023 7:52:34 PM(UTC)
Mano Bakker

Netherlands

+1