logo

Live Production Software Forums


Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
autarh  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2022 5:11:46 PM(UTC)
autarh

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/27/2019(UTC)
Posts: 37
Serbia
Location: BGD

Thanks: 5 times
Where did i go wrong?
Please watch this live event and hear the tone... we have used two mobile phones...
And every time we use it for live event we get something like this...

?t=410

and other Youtube channel that has also broadcasted same live event sounds great
spino  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2022 6:38:57 PM(UTC)
spino

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/20/2016(UTC)
Posts: 177
Man
Italy
Location: Milano

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Don't use "technical problems" to make propaganda here please!!!
autarh  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2022 7:45:30 PM(UTC)
autarh

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/27/2019(UTC)
Posts: 37
Serbia
Location: BGD

Thanks: 5 times
Originally Posted by: spino Go to Quoted Post
Don't use "technical problems" to make propaganda here please!!!


we are NEWS channel covering a lot of event LIVE, if this was propaganda then the video and sound would be perfect...
also this event was on SERBAN language and it is not something that 98% of this forum people will understand...


this "riots live broadcast" we already discussed last year.. i guess that is also propaganda?
https://forums.vmix.com/...dations-for-street-riots

we just implemented that idea now


i guess u owe us apology...
doggy  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2022 7:54:27 PM(UTC)
doggy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 4,312
Belgium
Location: Belgium

Thanks: 246 times
Was thanked: 771 time(s) in 629 post(s)
Originally Posted by: autarh Go to Quoted Post

this "riots live broadcast" we already discussed last year.. i guess that is also propaganda?
https://forums.vmix.com/...dations-for-street-riots


Don't see any responses (discussion) there

Not a good idea to link to an hr long "coverage"

And maybe post the question as a general issue regarding remote feed from mobile audio issues or something (with a short general example) of which i am certain many posts are to this here and elsewhere

Have you tested the setup in other situations ?

Sorry but this is a weird statement
Quote:
we are NEWS channel covering a lot of event LIVE, if this was propaganda then the video and sound would be perfect...
autarh  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2022 8:16:39 PM(UTC)
autarh

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/27/2019(UTC)
Posts: 37
Serbia
Location: BGD

Thanks: 5 times
hi doggy
we are using VMIXCall regularly for a interviews that are something long two hours... very rarely we notice a delay (let we say onec in 10 interviews, and it is incremental ) ... but we fix it after it in editing

the issue here, on live street event, is like there is some sort of "noise reduction filter" involved.. but i check it and everything seems fine...
we have used different mobile phones.. and situation is the same...

Concerning long "long hours" on these event , we can always disconnect and connect on regular basis ... but we did not see there is any issue ..

...only this sound issue.
doggy  
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2022 8:26:13 PM(UTC)
doggy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 4,312
Belgium
Location: Belgium

Thanks: 246 times
Was thanked: 771 time(s) in 629 post(s)
Smartphone microphone ?
autarh  
#7 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2022 9:36:26 PM(UTC)
autarh

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/27/2019(UTC)
Posts: 37
Serbia
Location: BGD

Thanks: 5 times
Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Smartphone microphone ?


Yes...
spino  
#8 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2022 9:59:03 PM(UTC)
spino

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/20/2016(UTC)
Posts: 177
Man
Italy
Location: Milano

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: autarh Go to Quoted Post

this "riots live broadcast" we already discussed last year.. i guess that is also propaganda?
https://forums.vmix.com/...dations-for-street-riots


Don't see any responses (discussion) there

Not a good idea to link to an hr long "coverage"

And maybe post the question as a general issue regarding remote feed from mobile audio issues or something (with a short general example) of which i am certain many posts are to this here and elsewhere

Have you tested the setup in other situations ?

Sorry but this is a weird statement
Quote:
we are NEWS channel covering a lot of event LIVE, if this was propaganda then the video and sound would be perfect...


Exactly Doggy!!!!
mavik  
#9 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2022 6:43:33 PM(UTC)
mavik

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/23/2017(UTC)
Posts: 916
Man
Location: Germany

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 137 time(s) in 121 post(s)
Don't use vMixCall for this kinda stuff. Use SRT. I do some "from the street" ingests as well and use SRT with no issue really at all. 10 concurrent "mobile reporters" is no problem really.

The propaganda topic:
Can we please focus on the technical side and help each other, like humans usually do. Just because mainstream media is reporting "one" version does not mean that it's reality and true. In crisis like this, the first thing that is lost is truth. And if the west is so democratic it should withstand other opinions. Diversity, respect, freedom of speech are the base pillars of our culture.
autarh  
#10 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2022 8:39:49 PM(UTC)
autarh

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/27/2019(UTC)
Posts: 37
Serbia
Location: BGD

Thanks: 5 times
Originally Posted by: mavik Go to Quoted Post
Don't use vMixCall for this kinda stuff. Use SRT. I do some "from the street" ingests as well and use SRT with no issue really at all. 10 concurrent "mobile reporters" is no problem really.

The propaganda topic:
Can we please focus on the technical side and help each other, like humans usually do. Just because mainstream media is reporting "one" version does not mean that it's reality and true. In crisis like this, the first thing that is lost is truth. And if the west is so democratic it should withstand other opinions. Diversity, respect, freedom of speech are the base pillars of our culture.


can u give more info about SRT , i guess u do not mean subrip format for subtitles , also can i connect multiple phones in vmix via SRT?

also i agree on "political part" completely with u ... i did not want to have politics in this topic but the LIVE EVENTS from the streets are where we have a problem, and those are , on our channel, always politics ...

it will be great if someone from VMIX can tell us why this issues happens with audio...




mavik  
#11 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2022 8:49:14 PM(UTC)
mavik

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/23/2017(UTC)
Posts: 916
Man
Location: Germany

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 137 time(s) in 121 post(s)
With vMixCall you use webRTC which is not the best pick for streaming in crowded areas over a 4/5G network. This is where SRT (secure reliable transport, you are right, not the subtitling) shines.
Please download an app that supports SRT first hand. Larix broadcaster is one good example. SRT has 3 modes. Caller, listener and Rendezvous. I use the caller setup on the mobile, calling into the studio. The studio setup needs the vMix computer NAT'ed and allow the ports you specify in the setting through the firewall.
srt.//[public-ip-of-studio]:[open-port-in-firewall]
So when the remote side makes the call router needs to forward the data to the vMix computer (NAT) and that particular port. If you have a second or more remote contributers you need to open a port for each.
autarh  
#12 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2022 8:58:22 PM(UTC)
autarh

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/27/2019(UTC)
Posts: 37
Serbia
Location: BGD

Thanks: 5 times
Originally Posted by: mavik Go to Quoted Post
With vMixCall you use webRTC which is not the best pick for streaming in crowded areas over a 4/5G network. This is where SRT (secure reliable transport, you are right, not the subtitling) shines.
Please download an app that supports SRT first hand. Larix broadcaster is one good example. SRT has 3 modes. Caller, listener and Rendezvous. I use the caller setup on the mobile, calling into the studio. The studio setup needs the vMix computer NAT'ed and allow the ports you specify in the setting through the firewall.
srt.//[public-ip-of-studio]:[open-port-in-firewall]
So when the remote side makes the call router needs to forward the data to the vMix computer (NAT) and that particular port. If you have a second or more remote contributers you need to open a port for each.


ok, something similar like old UDP-TCP stream on VLC ?
mavik  
#13 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2022 9:01:47 PM(UTC)
mavik

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/23/2017(UTC)
Posts: 916
Man
Location: Germany

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 137 time(s) in 121 post(s)
SRT uses udp with some security layer wrapped around, yes. It's open source. Feel free to get more insight from haivision.
autarh  
#14 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2022 9:40:29 PM(UTC)
autarh

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/27/2019(UTC)
Posts: 37
Serbia
Location: BGD

Thanks: 5 times
Originally Posted by: mavik Go to Quoted Post
SRT uses udp with some security layer wrapped around, yes. It's open source. Feel free to get more insight from haivision.


now i understand, i can see it can listen talk and rondevus? .. is this mean i can have a communication with studio ?

also what du u recomend which software i can see u have recommended Larix broadcaster , i can not see haivision has some mobile app
mavik  
#15 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2022 11:42:22 PM(UTC)
mavik

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/23/2017(UTC)
Posts: 916
Man
Location: Germany

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 137 time(s) in 121 post(s)
Haivision invented SRT.
With Larix you can have a talk back. It works like a charm. Make sure you use a headset otherwise you will have an echo of the talkback picked up by the microphone again.
thanks 1 user thanked mavik for this useful post.
autarh on 3/12/2022(UTC)
autarh  
#16 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2022 11:54:35 PM(UTC)
autarh

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/27/2019(UTC)
Posts: 37
Serbia
Location: BGD

Thanks: 5 times
Originally Posted by: mavik Go to Quoted Post
Haivision invented SRT.
With Larix you can have a talk back. It works like a charm. Make sure you use a headset otherwise you will have an echo of the talkback picked up by the microphone again.



Thanks !
i will test it today!
autarh  
#17 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2022 12:30:04 AM(UTC)
autarh

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/27/2019(UTC)
Posts: 37
Serbia
Location: BGD

Thanks: 5 times
Originally Posted by: autarh Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: mavik Go to Quoted Post
Haivision invented SRT.
Thanks !
i will test it today!


Hi
i have finally tested it ... i have some issues with port forwarding , then i realize that it should be UDP instead of TCP ... and it worked great... i also change DNS zone on provider so i now have

srt://live.mywebsite.com:portnumber


Daily driving in wood with low reception from mobile operators

Night driving , under snow, and switching two mobile operators..


what i have noticed... first 10 seconds is problematic ... after that it is great .. no loss of video and so on ... Larix app do not like "ZOOM IN/OUT" it get stuck on my phone


In Sunday we will have again live event and we will try to use 3 mobile phone with larix...


ONLY THING that did not work is RENDEVOUZ settings ... i can not make it to work .. do u have any idea?

autarh  
#18 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2022 12:40:45 AM(UTC)
autarh

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/27/2019(UTC)
Posts: 37
Serbia
Location: BGD

Thanks: 5 times
one more observation...
latency was 2 seconds... and on both video it has CUT two last second ...
mavik  
#19 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2022 7:21:00 AM(UTC)
mavik

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/23/2017(UTC)
Posts: 916
Man
Location: Germany

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 137 time(s) in 121 post(s)
I have to admit I never tried rendezvous mode. Caller or listener is working for me perfectly.
thanks 1 user thanked mavik for this useful post.
autarh on 3/12/2022(UTC)
autarh  
#20 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2022 7:25:23 AM(UTC)
autarh

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/27/2019(UTC)
Posts: 37
Serbia
Location: BGD

Thanks: 5 times
Originally Posted by: mavik Go to Quoted Post
I have to admit I never tried rendezvous mode. Caller or listener is working for me perfectly.


how do u comunicate with studio ?

Users browsing this topic
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.