logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
um@equilive.dk  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2014 6:30:00 AM(UTC)
um@equilive.dk

Groups: Registered

I have a question that I hope somebody can help me with :-)

I'm going to make a production using vMix 4K, where I have made a serie of XAML templates for scoring and statistics with StoryBoard effects in and out. For my presention during the event I receive an internal camera feed where I use the vMix for adding the XAML overlays, my out goes to a number of gigant screens. This works without problem.

My challenge is that I need to provide an extra output signal (fx. external 2) only showing my XAML templates including in and out animations - no camera picture. The receiver of this signal is transmitting a live TV signal for broadcasting and needs access to our overlay(s).

I have tried different configs, but maybe it is not possible using only one vMix!!!

BR
Ulrik
Thremir  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2014 7:39:01 AM(UTC)
Thremir

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 29 post(s)
um@equilive.dk wrote:
I have a question that I hope somebody can help me with :-)

I'm going to make a production using vMix 4K, where I have made a serie of XAML templates for scoring and statistics with StoryBoard effects in and out. For my presention during the event I receive an internal camera feed where I use the vMix for adding the XAML overlays, my out goes to a number of gigant screens. This works without problem.

My challenge is that I need to provide an extra output signal (fx. external 2) only showing my XAML templates including in and out animations - no camera picture. The receiver of this signal is transmitting a live TV signal for broadcasting and needs access to our overlay(s).

I have tried different configs, but maybe it is not possible using only one vMix!!!

BR
Ulrik

Would a MultiView input that is sent via a Decklink/Stream function?

Eg.: Add all the wished overlays to a Multiview and set external 2 to that input and run it out to a DeckLink/Stream?

Only limitation here would be there are no individual control of in- and out animations, they would be duplicated of what you'd run in your production.

Cheers,
Håvard
Njastad Webshop
um@equilive.dk  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2014 9:08:12 AM(UTC)
um@equilive.dk

Thanks Håvard,
I will give it a try tonight - hopefully it works!

/Ulrik
um@equilive.dk  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2014 3:22:56 PM(UTC)
um@equilive.dk

Thanks - it worked. The only thing is that all overlays needs to have StoryBoard1/2 for in/out effect!

BR
Ulrik