logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rome  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2021 7:41:00 AM(UTC)
Rome

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello, I searched around to see if this request had already been talked about and couldn't find one specifically so I apologize if there is one already started that I didn't find.

What I am requesting is to have an option in the vMix plugin for Elgato Stream Deck of a Toggle switch. I run a lot of video production, and rarely do I want my mic to be on, so I use a button to mute and unmute my mic with a shortcut for Audio On/OFF currently mapped for with a Hotkey. Then in Stream Deck I use a system hotkey toggle and 2 graphics to show on and off. It would be great if I could have the actually vMix shortcut be a toggle, then I could just map the graphics to the toggle.

The reason this makes a difference, is that during productions I will occasionally need to open another program to do something, if this is happening and I use my hotkey it won't work because vMix is not the in focus program. If it was a direct shortcut key it would still work the same as my other keys.

This would be super helpful for me to monitor on the stream deck if I am activating or deactivating something like a mic or an overlay.

Thanks!
mikebrown  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 16, 2021 2:59:14 AM(UTC)
mikebrown

United States

https://bitfocus.io/companion/

This will change your life. It puts the Elgato app to shame.
doggy  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 16, 2021 3:23:17 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Rome Go to Quoted Post

The reason this makes a difference, is that during productions I will occasionally need to open another program to do something, if this is happening and I use my hotkey it won't work because vMix is not the in focus program.

Why make it so difficult? Don't use the Stream Deck hotkey to link to a shortcut in vMix but use the website option and give it the webrequest option for the same (shortcut)function . no issue with needing to have vMix GUI in focus or have to resort to companion (as if that is the solution to every SD use) . While the vMix streamdeck plugin makes it easy to create a vMix shortcut linked to the SD it also can create issues especially when Switching or moving streamdecks.
Martin Block  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 9, 2021 11:08:58 AM(UTC)
Martin Block

Philippines

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
+1