logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vineyard  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2021 2:02:19 PM(UTC)
vineyard

Groups: Registered
United States

Please make the ONCOUNTDOWNCOMPLETION with a countdown to a specific time work to activate triggers when it reaches the time it is counting down to.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2021 4:58:56 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: vineyard Go to Quoted Post
Please make the ONCOUNTDOWNCOMPLETION with a countdown to a specific time work to activate triggers when it reaches the time it is counting down to.

Until FR granted use a script

https://forums.vmix.com/...ng-for-Dummies#post74242

and adapt to your use
vineyard  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 10, 2021 12:25:49 AM(UTC)
vineyard

United States

Unfortunately, I only have the HD version of vMix and scripting isn't allowed. While the script option may be a "fix" to the issue, it doesn't really solve what I feel is a bug on the trigger function. ONCOUNTDOWNCOMPLETION should be the completion of a countdown timer or the completion of a countdown to a specific time. I know a little bit about programming and maybe I'm just ignorant, but it doesn't seem like there would be a whole lot of coding necessary to make this happen with vMix itself.
doggy  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 10, 2021 1:00:17 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

This is not a bug but unavailable feature

also the triggers work on the countdown , NOT on the clock of which Countdown to time is part of

Even with HD versions one can use scripting aka coding be it with external apps on creates as how it was done before scripting was available.

Indeed with scripting it only would take a couple of lines of coding

FYI is what i do exactly for this reason still as not all licenses are higher end during a production (often even more functional and suited to one's needs)
vineyard  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 10:19:51 AM(UTC)
vineyard

United States

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
This is not a bug but unavailable feature

also the triggers work on the countdown , NOT on the clock of which Countdown to time is part of

Even with HD versions one can use scripting aka coding be it with external apps on creates as how it was done before scripting was available.

Indeed with scripting it only would take a couple of lines of coding

FYI is what i do exactly for this reason still as not all licenses are higher end during a production (often even more functional and suited to one's needs)

Can you tell me how I can run a script outside of vMix? I'm fairly new to all of these and I can see the power of scripts. If it's possible without the 4k I'd love for you tell me how to do it.

Thanks

doggy  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 5:04:13 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Originally Posted by: vineyard Go to Quoted Post
Can you tell me how I can run a script outside of vMix? I'm fairly new to all of these and I can see the power of scripts. If it's possible without the 4k I'd love for you tell me how to do it.

Basically any program language (compiler) that allows you to do a httprequest (web API) to send functions to vMix and read the API XML to get a vMix status are suitable.

if you still need to learn coding than maybe using Visual Studio and in vb.net language might be a good option as vMix scripts also use vb.net (in a more simplified functionality)
Lots of stuff to be found with Google Search regarding vb.net programming