logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
eisbarcph  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 3:07:06 PM(UTC)
eisbarcph

Groups: Registered
Denmark

Dear all,

I am running af streaming beta setup from elite cycling race. Each rider have a Drift Ghost X and Huawei modem using 4G mobile network. I can start a good quality stream from a rider. However, from time to time the signal will fall out and the input is frozen. When signal is back to normal vMix do not reconnect to the streaming source. Do any of you have an idea how I solve this as it is critical for the setup.
Thanks for any advice.

Best
Jesper
kross  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 1, 2021 6:35:49 AM(UTC)
kross

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 28 post(s)
You will need to provide more details on how your setup is configured. I tried looking up some information on their cameras and how they stream, but their website has practically no information, their user manual is not very helpful.
eisbarcph  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 4:38:39 PM(UTC)
eisbarcph

Denmark

I am sure that it is not cam related more Vmix that dont reconnect. I can see from the data usage on the modem that it have been streaming. Here an example of the streamning and no return after grey our. Unless I reconnect manually in Vmix .
NiBTour  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2021 8:58:40 PM(UTC)
NiBTour

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: eisbarcph Go to Quoted Post
Dear all,

I am running af streaming beta setup from elite cycling race. Each rider have a Drift Ghost X and Huawei modem using 4G mobile network. I can start a good quality stream from a rider. However, from time to time the signal will fall out and the input is frozen. When signal is back to normal vMix do not reconnect to the streaming source. Do any of you have an idea how I solve this as it is critical for the setup.
Thanks for any advice.

Best
Jesper

More information is needed. So you're saying the input connectiona nd not the vmix output correct? So what method and protocol are you using to get the remote kits (the cyclists) to vMix? What device is doing that and does it have a recconect feature or a large buffer? Is it SRT? RTMP? how exactly are you accepting the connection and getting it into vMix? Layout your workflow and we can help.

-King
eisbarcph  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 4, 2021 4:58:44 PM(UTC)
eisbarcph

Denmark

Thank you for your comment.

Corret it is the input to vmix that is not reconnected by the vMix software.

The Drift Ghost camera transmit via the 4G modem and I have added the source to vMix via Stream/SRT as RTMP sourse where the url from the transmitting unit have a buffer at 300ms. Should this be higher? It is ok for me that a camera fall out during transmission but I does not reconnect to the vmix in the source as it stay out of signal.

Best