logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
boburtz  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2021 9:30:34 AM(UTC)
boburtz

Groups: Registered
United States

I have two different usb audio interfaces connected to my Vmix computer. One is an older Tascam US-2000, and the other is a MOTU M2. I am generally using the M2 for my microphone input on channel one. When I go to the "add input" function to add an audio input, in the "audio device" dropdown, both units are listed (as one would expect). When I select the "MOTU M Series", I am greeted with the 24 inputs of the Tascam US-2000. The opposite is also true, whereby when I select the US-2000, I am offered the availability of the 9 inputs from the M2. Now here's the fun part, when I SELECT either of the first two inputs from the Motu M series dropdown (which consists of the 24 US2000 inputs), I get my appropriate M2 microphone input.
It seems that somehow the input lists for the two interfaces are switched in the dropdown. Any ideas how to remedy this?
boburtz  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2021 1:19:13 PM(UTC)
boburtz

Groups: Registered
United States

Originally Posted by: boburtz Go to Quoted Post
I have two different usb audio interfaces connected to my Vmix computer. One is an older Tascam US-2000, and the other is a MOTU M2. I am generally using the M2 for my microphone input on channel one. When I go to the "add input" function to add an audio input, in the "audio device" dropdown, both units are listed (as one would expect). When I select the "MOTU M Series", I am greeted with the 24 inputs of the Tascam US-2000. The opposite is also true, whereby when I select the US-2000, I am offered the availability of the 9 inputs from the M2. Now here's the fun part, when I SELECT either of the first two inputs from the Motu M series dropdown (which consists of the 24 US2000 inputs), I get my appropriate M2 microphone input.
It seems that somehow the input lists for the two interfaces are switched in the dropdown. Any ideas how to remedy this?

UPDATE: It seems an update to the VMix software fixed the issue...