logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jozee  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 14, 2020 5:46:47 PM(UTC)
jozee

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I know about the post that says to downgrade the drivers however 30XX does not have an older driver.
vmix performance has been degraded scientifically because of that issue and vmix people should fix it ASAP.
the "desktop windows manager" usage is also because vmix, if i close vmix it goes to 0%-1%.
vmix2.png (101kb) downloaded 18 time(s).
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 14, 2020 6:10:27 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Quote:
vmix people should fix it ASAP

It's not vMix fault ! And vMix responsability IS NOT to solve Nvidia issues. Complain to Nvidia !
admin  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 14, 2020 7:13:29 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Please be patient, we have submitted a bug report to NVIDIA and they are taking a look at it.
jozee  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 14, 2020 7:24:37 PM(UTC)
jozee

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DWAM Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
vmix people should fix it ASAP

It's not vMix fault ! And vMix responsability IS NOT to solve Nvidia issues. Complain to Nvidia !

it's not affecting any other software AFAIK, i'm using premiere, after effects, resolve, 3dsmax, unreal engine, aximmetry so...

DWAM  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 14, 2020 8:00:27 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Quote:
it's not affecting any other software AFAIK, i'm using premiere, after effects, resolve, 3dsmax, unreal engine, aximmetry so...

SO what ? None of these are live production softwares and use the GPU the same way vMix does...

I believe there are 3 options :

- Nvidia newest GTX/RTX drivers have a "problem" to work correctly for what vMix does, the way it used to work. If they had announced they'd changed something in regards to live video support, I believe Martin would have taken care of it. The fact that apparently they didn't announce anything about it tends to prove the issue is on their side. Hopefully they will correct the drivers soon.

- Nvidia newest GTX/RTX drivers are supposed to work the way they now do. In this case, not only the 3xxx series are impacted but also all previous generations which used to work fine with vMix. This proves they changed something that breaks vMix code. I'm sure Martin is investigating and will soon report his findings. Either he can solve the problem or not. But I believe this is not a simple and easy solution to deal with as there seems to be an important rewrite to do for drivers greater than 452.06 and nothing proves that this rewrite will still work fine for previous drivers. This potentially underlies that vMix would need to run different code in regards to which drivers are used.

- We have to consider that
> RTX 3xxx series is incompatible with vMix
> drivers greater than 452.06 are incompatible with vMix for all GTX/RTX series

I think it's too soon to tell but I think Martin would not have asked us NOT to use drivers greater than 452.06 if the solution was in his hands. He would have done the job like he always did.