logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
twokingsfilms  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 6, 2020 3:44:36 PM(UTC)
twokingsfilms

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
About 3 weeks ago I experienced a GPU restart during a broadcast. I decided to run Furmark to do a GPU stress test and discovered:

No problems.

Hmm...okay, weird.

Then, a few days ago, again, the GPU restarted during a broadcast.

Upon this restart I noticed vMix had crazy readings of up to 1250% "Usage" -- however, the Render time was still under 15ms, and GPU was at 20% while CPU was around 40%. The broadcast, besides the actual moment of the GPU crash, went on without a hitch...but those numbers were freaking me out the whole time.

I decided to replace the GPU with an identical GPU (GeForce Titan Black) I had sitting around. Updated drivers upon install, briefly checked over my preset, all good.

Tonight, went to broadcast and discovered that I was getting GPU and CPU overloads all over the place. Render times up to 180ms. Frame rate completely unusable and the broadcast could not go on.

Obviously I have an issue.

First question: Has anyone experienced anything similar? Where suddenly a PC that has been working just fine is plagued by CPU/GPU overloads for (seemingly) no reason.

Second question: Any suggestions as to how to diagnose what my actual problem is? I need to replace something. The GPU, mobo, CPU? Computer? I'm open for some tips on how to diagnose what is going on.

Computer specs:

i7 6700k
32gb ram
windows 10
geforce Titan Black 6gb

Oh...as a last note, after trying to shut down vMix I am now getting this error (multiple pop ups -- as in, I hit send error report and close the dialogue box, only for it to pop open again) -- Completely unsure if this is related to my issue or not

For those that cannot see the attached image it reads: Invoke or BeginInvoke cannot be called on a control until the window handle has been created.

vmix Invoke or BeginInvoke.jpg (72kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 6, 2020 6:45:25 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
This post from vMix team is a must-read

https://forums.vmix.com/...ce-Notice--November-2020

This forum is a place to ask questions, sure, but it's also a place to read important information and learn from the others...
Vince Beck  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 7, 2020 3:07:37 AM(UTC)
Vince Beck

United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Also, the GPU percentage in VMix is not the usage but the cache memory.

https://www.vmix.com/kno...n-in-the-vmix-status-bar
twokingsfilms  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 7, 2020 1:19:45 PM(UTC)
twokingsfilms

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks for the information gang. I rolled back the drivers, but that doesn't seem to have helped. But, that's super useful information so thank you again for sending it along.

Anything else ringing any bells for anyone?
BrightSparkStudios  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2020 3:29:38 AM(UTC)
BrightSparkStudios

United Kingdom

Similar thing happened to me.

While recording vMix Call inputs (x 2) on Output 1 and Output 2 and a couple of other inputs (PPT outputs from Mac via BMD decklink) I have experienced random GPU crashes which have never happened before. PC screen goes black, GPU and system fans run full speed and only solution is to re-start the machine. Not ideal.

Windows Reliability Monitor shows 2 kernel errors (141 & 187).

Running a Quadro RTX4000 GPU and i9 processor, 64gb RAM, EVO 970 SSDs.

Hard to replicate the cause as it appears random as other scenarios haven't crashed the GPU.

Render time 4ms, GPU Men 7%, CPU vMix 18%, Total 19%

Same project, different vMix Call this afternoon running 3ms, 5%, 3%, 4%.

Can only think that the additional processing is because of varying video quality from caller's side.

Until now, vMix been running rock solid, but like OP stated, this issue has began over past 3-4 days.