logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
trentzel  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 3:31:22 AM(UTC)
trentzel

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

I am doing a large show right now with 7-8 records each day with everything from a single caller with a slide deck to a panel discussion with 5-6 callers. So I am really putting vMix through it's paces!

The problem I am having is that about 70-80% of the time, when the client clicks on the vMix call link that the system generates, they go to a room where they see their camera and have a blue background, but they never come into my system.

If I give them the vmixcall.com website and the password, they get right into my system with no issues. So that workaround works, but I would love to use the simplicity of a single link to give to my clients.

Is this a bug or is their something I am doing wrong?

Thanks!
mavik  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 4:15:56 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
I can't follow you a 100% but there are only two possible urls.
vmixcall.com
advanced.vmixcall.com
The latter offers a bit more options for the user (cam, mic, echo settings)

They need to answer a name and a password. You have to provide the password to them.
streamstuff  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2020 3:08:30 AM(UTC)
streamstuff

Originally Posted by: trentzel Go to Quoted Post
I am doing a large show right now with 7-8 records each day with everything from a single caller with a slide deck to a panel discussion with 5-6 callers. So I am really putting vMix through it's paces!

The problem I am having is that about 70-80% of the time, when the client clicks on the vMix call link that the system generates, they go to a room where they see their camera and have a blue background, but they never come into my system.

If I give them the vmixcall.com website and the password, they get right into my system with no issues. So that workaround works, but I would love to use the simplicity of a single link to give to my clients.

Thanks!

Just a thought but do you have your vMix preset open on two machines? If it's open in more than one place, it's a toss up of which machine they will get connected to.
trentzel  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2020 4:27:17 AM(UTC)
trentzel

Man
United States

No- it's only on one machine. If the caller goes to vmixcall.com and enters the password it works fine but the direct link that the system generates rarely works.
RickBrock  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2020 11:48:35 AM(UTC)
RickBrock

United Kingdom

Is the quick link opening in another web browser than chrome?
trentzel  
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2020 2:53:17 AM(UTC)
trentzel

Man
United States

My callers are reporting that it is opening in Chrome. Could it be that a cache or something is holding onto a previous call? All these calls have been the first time I worked with them, but maybe they did a different vmix call with someone else possibly?
Geoff B  
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2020 12:02:58 PM(UTC)
Geoff B

Man
United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)

Thanks!

90% of the time this is because their default browser is Internet Explorer. When they click the link, it opens there. When they go to Chrome and navigate to vmixcall.com it works, because they're actually in Chrome. I never send my callers the link for this reason.

Geoff B  
#8 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2020 12:04:05 PM(UTC)
Geoff B

Man
United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
My callers are reporting that it is opening in Chrome. Could it be that a cache or something is holding onto a previous call? All these calls have been the first time I worked with them, but maybe they did a different vmix call with someone else possibly?

I have had many people insist that they are in Chrome when they are, in fact, not.
Paul_WCP  
#9 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2021 7:04:17 AM(UTC)
Paul_WCP

Germany

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Thanks!

The blue background but seeing their camera (direct feed from their camera) means they don't establish a connection.

Either its because they did not give the browser permission to their camera or a firewall is blocking the udp ports required for vmixcall.