logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ben1000  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 19, 2020 11:50:02 PM(UTC)
ben1000

Groups:: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Howdy. I wonder if anyone has seen this or it it's a bug (I will post on the vMix forum too).

I have shortcuts setup to have my number pad select inputs 1-9 into preview. Works great. However, I just noticed that if I have a 'Mix' input, and make a change to either the preview or program input on the Mix input, from that point on, pressing a number pad key not only changes the main preview window to that input (as normal) but ALSO changes either the preview or program on that MIX input to the selected input. That shouldn't happen.

The input selected on the MIX input shouldn't change with the number pad keys at all. This keeps happening unless I select the 'gear' icon in the mix input and then close the settings box. Then the number pad reverts to it's correct activity of just changing the main 'preview' bus, and not changing anything in the mix input.

Anyone else see this? Any thoughts on fixing/stopping this from happening? Thanks!

Best,

Ben

Benjamin Freedman
PrimeImage Media
480-399-0000 - direct
480-240-9270 - office
866-549-6051 - fax
ben@PrimeImageMedia.com
www.PrimeImageMedia.com
admin  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 20, 2020 12:51:33 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4146 time(s) in 1491 post(s)
Using the number pad for shortcuts isn't a good choice unfortunately as Windows automatically assigns these numbers to select items in a dropdown box, hence why the Mix input dropdown box is changing.
Clicking a menu or opening a window will deactivate this selection by Windows, and is the only workaround at this time.