logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mburel1980  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2020 2:03:57 AM(UTC)
mburel1980

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hey guys,

I've searched the forum because I couldn't believe this has not been asked before. I think it would be really great to have a shortcut function that can toggle on/off a trigger (by index) for a specific input.

For example using instant replay in sports I use a trigger that overlays off the scorebug by transition in of Replay A and a trigger that overlays the scorebug back on 2 seconds after the replay has finished.

Now in half time or during time outs I often combine replay highlights and show them again. Now I obviously don't want the scorebug to appear just after the highlights finish because we are still in a break and have a talent on air so I have to manually go into settings of Replay A and toggle the triggers off.

I can imagine plenty of scenarios where this shortcut could be handy and I would be happy if you put a +1 below this FR.

Thanks

Marc
doggy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2020 2:22:28 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Hi Marc

Guess so far no one has ever had an issue with it ever since triggers were available ;-)

More serious note. How would you know if they were on of off especially in the case of multiple triggers which one etc

Is there no way to have the title trigger on the transition in of your cameras and such ? if your ovl is already on it wouldn't change a thing but if not then it would avoid you forgetting it
mburel1980  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2020 3:46:15 AM(UTC)
mburel1980

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
How would you know if they were on of off especially in the case of multiple triggers which one etc

Haha , better to add activator to my FR as well then ;)

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Is there no way to have the title trigger on the transition in of your cameras and such ? if your ovl is already on it wouldn't change a thing but if not then it would avoid you forgetting it

Well, no as at the end of the highlights clip during break I will transition in to the camera as well.

I can even imagine using this shortcut function as a trigger in triggers. In my last productions I just caught myself (too) many times mouse clicking triggers on and off and I think it would be handy to automate further.

Thanks for your valuable input

Marc
Paul Fuhrmann  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2020 5:04:26 AM(UTC)
Paul Fuhrmann

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hello mburell1980,

Isn’t virtual Inputs the way to go for your demand?

Virtual Inputs can be connected to triggers as well es trigger actions after completion. So in your Case you will end in two Replay Inputs, one with and one without the linked trigger.

This will alter your workflow in this manner that you will need more “SwitcherStyle Input Buttons” then a few Switcher buttons and a lot of modifier buttons.

I also think that a visual feedback of wich trigger is active is must for this operational method.
This will require a ui change to make them visible. I could imagine a look like the aditional mixers or virtual sets wich are attached left to the input.
Actual you would find yourself clicking the same triggers menu just for visual checking, even if you find solution to activate triggers remotly.

Greetings Paul