logo

Live Production Software Forums


Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
xun  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2020 8:42:24 PM(UTC)
xun

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/5/2019(UTC)
Posts: 14
Germany

Hello @All,


how i can start a ticker from beginning if it triggers in and how i can transition the title out if the ticker is on the end of the text?

Or, how i can build a equal title what do this?


THX!

JimJim
XUN
doggy  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2020 9:46:16 PM(UTC)
doggy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 2,269
Belgium
Location: Belgium

Thanks: 123 times
Was thanked: 406 time(s) in 335 post(s)
Originally Posted by: xun Go to Quoted Post


how i can start a ticker from beginning if it triggers in


The hard part:
have it's inputs set as "Automatically restart with stransition "


Quote:



and how i can transition the title out if the ticker is on the end of the text?



The easy part:
Have a trigger on overlaying in that calls a script that checks how long its content is , relate that to the speed of the ticker taking into account the width of the ticker frame itself and the fontsize character width used plus the time it takes for the last character to travel the whole width of the ticker to calculate the total time needed before transitioning out .

or take a stopwatch , time how long it takes until text has gone by (in preview) to use as a delay after overlaying in each time one changes the content

pretty simple basically
xun  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2020 10:30:41 PM(UTC)
xun

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/5/2019(UTC)
Posts: 14
Germany

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
The hard part:
have it's inputs set as "Automatically restart with stransition "

sounds good .. i will try it .. thx.


Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
The easy part:
Have a trigger on overlaying in that calls a script that checks how long its content is , relate that to the speed of the ticker taking into account the width of the ticker frame itself and the fontsize character width used plus the time it takes for the last character to travel the whole width of the ticker to calculate the total time needed before transitioning out .

or take a stopwatch , time how long it takes until text has gone by (in preview) to use as a delay after overlaying in each time one changes the content

pretty simple basically

and this sounds not so good ;) ... i know the len of the text a short time before i will use it. So not enougth time for me to "time-stop" the len. So, its better to calculate the time or the position. But for the position i need a "gettextleninpixel function". A simple (charwidth * textlen) is not enougth if the font is not fixed len. (Or i must build up a function what do that for me)

i never use the script-part of vmix before. Did u have a litle example for me to do this calculation?


THX.

JimJim
XUN

doggy  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2020 10:34:56 PM(UTC)
doggy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 2,269
Belgium
Location: Belgium

Thanks: 123 times
Was thanked: 406 time(s) in 335 post(s)
use mono spaced font ;-)

also i forgot to mention to take into account the fps of your setup for the calculations
xun  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2020 11:38:25 PM(UTC)
xun

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/5/2019(UTC)
Posts: 14
Germany

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
use mono spaced font ;-)


:-) ... i can't use monospaced font's .. the font is a customer specification.


JimJim
XUN


Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.