logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
katalizt  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2020 11:41:23 AM(UTC)
katalizt

Groups: Registered
United States

At my church we have been operating vMix remotely using Anydesk. We've done this extensively the past five months, but this weekend we started having a problem. Whenever we connect or disconnect from Anydesk, if vMix is selected on the remote computer, a specific input gets automatically placed in Program. It's as if we had clicked CUT directly on Input 5. (If I close Input 5 it will just do the same thing with a different input.)

This only happens when vMix is the currently active window, if there is another program selected nothing happens.

I guess vMix must be erroneously receiving a keystroke or a click or something whenever an Anydesk connection is established or closed. But I don't have any keyboard shortcuts set up that would have this effect, and it happens even if Input 5 is not currently visible on screen. We've uninstalled and reinstalled Anydesk and that didn't help.

What could be causing this?
sunkast  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2020 8:19:37 AM(UTC)
sunkast

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I am having the exact same issue. Every time I move from the AnyDesk session window, to any window on my PC, shortcuts activate on their own. If I remove the shortcuts, this stops happening.

This post also seems to be talking about the same issue. I have no idea what is going on.
sunkast  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2020 10:36:23 AM(UTC)
sunkast

I tested 2 other version of of AnyDesk. I had 6.0.7 installed so I downgraded to 6.0.6 and still experienced the random triggering of shortcuts. Installed 5.5.3, and this behavior went away. So something in version 6 of AnyDesk changed and now conflicts with vMix shortcuts.
thanks 1 user thanked sunkast for this useful post.
katalizt on 8/14/2020(UTC)
katalizt  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2020 12:33:13 PM(UTC)
katalizt

United States

I looked into the keyboard shortcuts, turning them on and off one by one, and the specific behavior I was seeing was three shortcuts getting activated at once. I disabled all the shortcuts as a temporary fix.

I'll try downgrading anydesk. Thanks!
admin  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2020 4:07:53 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4146 time(s) in 1491 post(s)
AnyDesk will activate the F1-F12 keys when logging on or switching windows
so best to make sure no shortcuts use these keys.
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
eduardocfs on 8/19/2020(UTC)
sunkast  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2020 12:56:49 AM(UTC)
sunkast

Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
AnyDesk will activate the F1-F12 keys when logging on or switching windows
so best to make sure no shortcuts use these keys.

AnyDesk version 6 is activating more than just the F1-F12 keys. Practically every key is activating now with the exception of the number pad keys. I had a shortcut set up to start recording using the R key, and that kept activating. Changed it to A, it still activated. Same for every key in the number row at the top of the keyboard.
katalizt  
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2020 6:40:50 AM(UTC)
katalizt

United States

Originally Posted by: sunkast Go to Quoted Post

AnyDesk version 6 is activating more than just the F1-F12 keys. Practically every key is activating now with the exception of the number pad keys. I had a shortcut set up to start recording using the R key, and that kept activating. Changed it to A, it still activated. Same for every key in the number row at the top of the keyboard.

Same here. My shortcuts were on numbers, letters, and spacebar. All were getting activated. We've downgraded it to version 5.5.3 as you said and it's working perfectly.