logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tonypett  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 12, 2014 4:52:00 AM(UTC)
tonypett

Groups: Registered

hi, i'm planning to buy an ATEM TVS for my hardware, of course I will be using vMix for my video switcher, is it possible to control all the inputs and outputs of the TVS on the vMix?if yes, how can i do that?

thanks
Bardos59  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 12, 2014 7:35:48 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

tonypett wrote:
hi, i'm planning to buy an ATEM TVS for my hardware, of course I will be using vMix for my video switcher, is it possible to control all the inputs and outputs of the TVS on the vMix?if yes, how can i do that?

thanks

Do a search, there are some posts about it......did not read any of them, but I saw them
Len56  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 12, 2014 10:24:07 AM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 23 post(s)
tonypett wrote:

thanks

I have a ATEM TVS and I use it with vMix but I have to change the cameras using the ATEM software control via another PC Laptop or iPad.
fordry  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 12, 2014 1:26:12 PM(UTC)
fordry

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
So just to be clear, no, you can't control the TVS with Vmix. They are completely separate devices.

If you want to mix on a computer with vmix you have to get inputs for whatever you're planning to use, hdmi or sdi capture cards or whatever, you can't use any of the ATEM's for that.

You can input the mixed output from the ATEM into vmix, again with an hdmi or sdi capture card.
Rehan  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 12, 2014 1:58:57 PM(UTC)
Rehan

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
If you have some software development skills (or money to hire someone to do it), you could create a custom application that interfaces with both the vMix API and the ATEM SDK. That application could then control both vMix and the TVS.

The vMix part is really easy and the TVS control is more complicated, but I think it could still be done. Check out http://atemuser.com/foru...vision-mixers/developers for more information on programming for the TVS.
tonypett  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 12, 2014 8:16:27 PM(UTC)
tonypett

thanks to everyone who answered, its rather hard for me to find capture cards here in the Philippines,the only available equipment here is the ATEM TVS, looks like I can't use vMix as my video mixer.